52105039988_f4b133bc6f_b.jpg

I love it when shops put sets out on the shelves before the release date :sweet: Just ignore the City set :innocent:

15 minutes ago, Killian said:

52105039988_f4b133bc6f_b.jpg

I love it when shops put sets out on the shelves before the release date :sweet: Just ignore the City set :innocent:

I cannot ignore the City set. Not one but TWO incredible motorcycles. The blue helmet the guy on the right is wearing even kinda reminds me of Jay. :tongue:

Built it! This is my first time seeing the minimal styling of the new instruction book covers.

52105241983_99a7d89426_b.jpg

I swapped the Dragon head part with a part from an extra set 71760 I bought cheap to give it some extra blue as I'm thinking about giving it to Clay from Nexo Knights. My favourite part of the set is the cute Crystal Spider and the Vengestone Warrior. I intend to buy this set again eventually and swap the blue bricks for red and swap the dragon head for the one in set 71762 to create a kind of red dragon bike maybe for Macy from Nexo Knights or for Red Son from Monkie Kid.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I cannot ignore the City set. Not one but TWO incredible motorcycles. The blue helmet the guy on the right is wearing even kinda reminds me of Jay. :tongue:

I could imagine that guy being Jay actually :laugh_hard:

52105741195_15b99bc90d_m.jpg

I'm honestly surprised how much I've liked what I've seen of the bike. Typically the small $20~ bikes don't grab my interest, but Jay's new one just seems very well made, especially as I have seen more pictures of it. I could see myself impulse buying it once it comes stateside.

Still a bit half and half on the bike design, I’m really hoping the jay figure can convince me it’s worth it. The bike just seems way to expensive compared to other sets of the same price point. Coles dirt bike from 2019 was an amazing set and compared to the newest bike, there’s no competition build wise. I can only hope that golden jay looks as good in person! 

so I went digging around on Mathew Betteker's page on art station, he's a concept artist for ninjago, and I came across a page on the land bounty. wow I wish we got some of these designs! as someone who was disappointed with the size of the vehicle, (I call it LB syndrome, where the size of a model is artificially increased by a part of it that really shouldn't, like that giant back sail) the first one looks really good and I would have loved to see that as a set, and the "flip" version also looks really interesting! 

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/G8EXlV

It's just occurred to me that the 4 exclusive Ninja from The Crystal King's Temple will probably be available 1 per month as the free gift with the Ninjago magazine in Europe and the UK

Anyone know when the sets are released in Australia? People are saying everywhere except America gets it in June but I may have read they come out in July instead.

It's just occurred to me. Do the tank, jet, car and small mech in set 71765 The Ninja Ultra Combo Mech have individual names?

8 hours ago, DarthLeapyous said:

Anyone know when the sets are released in Australia? People are saying everywhere except America gets it in June but I may have read they come out in July instead.

I checked the Australia / NZ / American LEGO.com sites and they all say Coming Soon on 1 August 2022

Edited by TeriXeri

10 hours ago, Killian said:

It's just occurred to me that the 4 exclusive Ninja from The Crystal King's Temple will probably be available 1 per month as the free gift with the Ninjago magazine in Europe and the UK

That's what I'm hoping for - as I won't get anymore Lego sets would be cool gettin some of them cool figures in magazines. I'm afraid my favourite picks of Harumi, Nya (Nya collector here; I have every 2014-2021 fig of hers) and the pretty interesting Overlord won't be all showing up in magazines though..

8 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

That's what I'm hoping for - as I won't get anymore Lego sets would be cool gettin some of them cool figures in magazines. I'm afraid my favourite picks of Harumi, Nya (Nya collector here; I have every 2014-2021 fig of hers) and the pretty interesting Overlord won't be all showing up in magazines though..

Considering I’m still on the fence for the temple, I do hope we get the 4 ninja as mag packs. They usually do the 4 ninja, a side character and like 3 enemies, depending on how long the mag cycle lasts for. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did put the golden ninja in instead of the plain ones. We will have to see. As for Nya, she may show up as the “side character” but there’s so many other exclusive figs it will be hard to pinpoint. I’d say she has more of a chance than most as she’s pretty prominent, being part of the ninja team and all that. 

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Considering I’m still on the fence for the temple, I do hope we get the 4 ninja as mag packs. They usually do the 4 ninja, a side character and like 3 enemies, depending on how long the mag cycle lasts for. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did put the golden ninja in instead of the plain ones. We will have to see. As for Nya, she may show up as the “side character” but there’s so many other exclusive figs it will be hard to pinpoint. I’d say she has more of a chance than most as she’s pretty prominent, being part of the ninja team and all that. 

I'm hoping we get at least 1 issue with a Vengestone Brute/Warrior, I'll buy multiples to army build those guys

47 minutes ago, Killian said:

I'm hoping we get at least 1 issue with a Vengestone Brute/Warrior, I'll buy multiples to army build those guys

I’d say that one is pretty much a lock, we always get one generic army builder, we just have to see if it will be a brute or a guard or whatever the other one is called. Personally I’m hoping for the duel crystal arms and the crystal shoulder armour. I like my transparent pink and I feel like the sets don’t come with enough generic villains. This was my problem with prime empire, where I ended up with an army of rats and like 4 red visors, even though the rats had next to no significance in the season itself and I’d much prefer the red visors for custom army’s. At least this time around the amount of generals are justified within the season and look amazing. 

I'm hoping we might get some of the general's in the magazine, I've just subscribed for the next 12 months... but I don't plan on getting any of the ninja vehicles so Aspheera, Skylor, and mister F would be the best ones to go in the magazine to me, along side Oni Lloyd and garmadon (I might get their sets but I love the oni mask piece and more ninjago figure parts are always useful for my D and D style fantasy figbarfs)

Lego’s raising the prices of over 100 current and upcoming sets this September and Ninjago City Gardens is one of them, going all the way from $300 to $350! It feels like kind of a random choice: it’s one of the few >$200 sets on the list and it’s one that’s been out for a while. Still a good value though.

Some of this summer’s sets will be going up in price too.

Agreed. This is so damn ridiculous. I get that theres a reason, prices of materials are going up, but they made like 8 billion dollars last year. The fact that they're putting the prices up on sets that are already overpriced is disgusting. We need to take a stand against these prices. people are always gonna buy lego, theres no change from that. But we need to be vocal. I think its time that publications like Brickset and Brickfantics send a message. Cost of living, housing and food prices are all going up. theres not much reason for the lego prices as well. 

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Kai's Raider , and Ultra Mech both going up €15, to €100...., many others going up €5-10.

Full list

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-preiserhoehung-september-2022/#liste-der-sets-die-teurer-werden

Holy......
Seeing this, I'm very grateful to have finally quit my Lego addiction in 2022, in terms of buying new stuff. I would be really sad, if I would have a wishlist for this year. The Sub-Bounty from last year was the last big set I got - I love my modified version of it but I admit in 2021 it was already overpriced and underdeveloped! I mean back in 2015 it could have been 90-100€. I get inflation but wages didn't increase 30%...

From what I know alternative (much cheaper) brands stated, they won't adjust prices yet.

I really wonder how stores can still sell Lego sets this way?! I get that AFOL's or rich kids won't skip on some great set they adore, even if the price increases. But overall there's gotta be an effect at one point - especially with alternative brands getting better, while staying cheap...

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

Not a fan of these prices hikes at all (but then again, who is). I know that being a Lego fan requires an acceptance that you will end up spending a lot of money if you want the big stuff, but it's just frustrating, especially since it's not as though most people suddenly have a ton of extra money on hand. My hope is that Lego's sales will flag a bit and they will realize they need to eat more of the cost of inflation on their own, but I don't think that is very realistic. 

If nothing else, I suppose this just means I'm less likely to get the Samurai X Mech. At least the Dragon's price didn't change, that one is already plenty expensive as is.

10 hours ago, Meadius said:

At least the Dragon's price didn't change, that one is already plenty expensive as is.

Golden Dragon? Increased +€10 to €150, which is too much.

Going to wait out this wave a bit as there are going to be a lot of  new June and August sets in other themes as well, especially notable ones like Castle, Spaceship, Viking Ship etc.

I loved the dojo and even training ground this year, but for the summer sets , unless there's some mega discount on the temple, I'll likely wait more is known about the 2023 direction of the theme.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Golden Dragon? Increased +€10 to €150, which is too much.

I must have missed that. I already thought it was fairly overpriced, but that's just absurd.