8 hours ago, Maple said:

I think the minifigures are stunning and the sets are 'meh'. However the prices are a ---- NO! Out of control.

Agreed. I’m saving my full thoughts till the prices get revealed on Lego.com but I was expecting the Cole’s dragon cruiser set to be about 25-30 pounds, maybe that £27.99 price point the ToE set was at last year. It’s now being reported to be £45. And the Kai raider being £90? Somethings up with these prices, but I’m not fully going off until I get confirmation from Lego.

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Agreed. I’m saving my full thoughts till the prices get revealed on Lego.com but I was expecting the Cole’s dragon cruiser set to be about 25-30 pounds, maybe that £27.99 price point the ToE set was at last year. It’s now being reported to be £45. And the Kai raider being £90? Somethings up with these prices, but I’m not fully going off until I get confirmation from Lego.

It's inflation. :hmpf:

The Ultra Mech that came out in January has 1100 pieces and 6 figures. $90
This new mech is 100 pieces, 8 figures and 130Euro!!!!!!!!!!

There is no excuse for that besides corporate greed. It's really that simple.

I think the new mech is €110 $120 until official (stonewars/promobricks)

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-ninjago-juni-2022/

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-ninjago-sommer-2022/142508/

Still if those prices would be 100% correct, €570 for the whole wave is a LOT. (4821 pieces , 44 minifigures for the price to part people) 

Discount are still a big factor however, which is something a theme like Monkie Kid does not have in Europe, while Ninjago often can get 20+% off, sometimes 30-40%.

With the last 2022 wave I got the Dojo and Training Centre for about ~€100 total (down from €140) .

Edited by TeriXeri

I have a feeling TLG thinks they can get away with overpricing the sets due to the whole final battle golden esq feel and the metric ton of new moulds and exclusive figs. Granted, they will make up a decent part of the budget but A lot of those big parts where introduced with EVO, this already paying it back. Will have to wait in the prices. I’m praying the Kai raider isn’t 90, it’s the most interesting set of the wave. Yes it’s a Kai vehicle but Goddamn is it the most intriguing and fresh vehicle I’ve seen in years from Ninjago! Just looking at it, I can’t even figure out what the point of the main feature is! Mobile artillery platform? 

Also skylor has the same face paint as the yellow ninja in the trailer, so I think it’s safe to say she is on the anti ninja team and the team will probably work against the ninja. 

I'll wait till we see the confirmed GBP prices before I panic, but as has been said ninjago does go on sale more often than other themes.

I think I'll get the 2 Crystal king sets, and maybe the mech and possibly the dragon. Hopefully some of the more interesting figs will appear through either PAB or the foil packs.

Is there an as of yet unknown retailer exclusive set? 

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Is there an as of yet unknown retailer exclusive set? 

There haven't been any rumblings about one to my knowledge, and it seems like there haven't been as many of them in recent years (that's based purely on my own observation though, not any sort of empirical evidence). I certainly wouldn't mind another set, but as is this wave already feels pretty complete to me, at least character-wise. I guess if they wanted to though, they could do another set that comes with a villain we haven't seen return yet, like Unagami. 

55 minutes ago, Meadius said:

There haven't been any rumblings about one to my knowledge, and it seems like there haven't been as many of them in recent years (that's based purely on my own observation though, not any sort of empirical evidence). I certainly wouldn't mind another set, but as is this wave already feels pretty complete to me, at least character-wise. I guess if they wanted to though, they could do another set that comes with a villain we haven't seen return yet, like Unagami. 

I think at this point it’s unlikely we’ll see another returning villain. Tommy has said on Twitter that the 5 villains in the Season’s poster are the five “generals” of the crystal army, and they’re all accounted for in the sets. Of course it’s possible that a villain returns in a different role, like whatever Garmadon is doing, but at that point it’s just as likely as any other character appearing in a retailer exclusive set. 

The only other minifigures I think are missing from this wave are a golden variation of Lloyd (halfway between his normal garb and oni variations, like the other 4 ninja get) and perhaps PIXAL. But seeing how many minifigures we’ve already gotten, I wouldn’t hold my breath for either of them to appear in a set. Most likely we’ve seen them all at this point. 

Ninjago could have it's own Police wave of sets if that teaser was the season :roflmao:

10 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Ninjago could have it's own Police wave of sets if that teaser was the season :roflmao:

Don’t give TLG any ideas! 

I have to say though this is Interesting. Looks like the ninja stage a truck heist, using zanes jet to pick up the van after boarding it via the dragon cycle and the dragon cruiser. Then they fly the truck out “swordfish style” 

I do like the vehicles in black, Going back to the earlier point I would actually be up for a “ninja on the run” season with blacked out vehicles and stealth robes, although they have done the “hunted by good guys” trope twice now. Shame really. 

We have now a better look to the new ninja team. They have differently enough facial features to distinguish them. 
Yellow has black paint marks
Dark pink has scratches
Orange has eyeshadow
Light pink has wrinkles
Cyan is the only normal.

1 hour ago, Gangikhan448 said:

New teaser

LMAO the poses at 0:12

-------

Also, at this point why do they bother to use ninja masks anymore. Their identities are common knowledge

Edited by Robert8

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

LMAO the poses at 0:12

Sweet 80's Toyota Van at 0:49

3 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

New teaser

Hmm I wonder now if Nya in the set is going to be show accurate. As that might be Pixal in the mech instead

Not the first time this has happened. (Wu's dog in Possession sets. Zane and Lloyd's vehicles in Skybound sets)

Granted this would be the first time a minifigure in a set wasn't in the show.

So maybe Nya found a way to turn back herself.

On 5/4/2022 at 7:39 AM, Rolyat24 said:

I think at this point it’s unlikely we’ll see another returning villain. Tommy has said on Twitter that the 5 villains in the Season’s poster are the five “generals” of the crystal army, and they’re all accounted for in the sets. Of course it’s possible that a villain returns in a different role, like whatever Garmadon is doing, but at that point it’s just as likely as any other character appearing in a retailer exclusive set. 

The only other minifigures I think are missing from this wave are a golden variation of Lloyd (halfway between his normal garb and oni variations, like the other 4 ninja get) and perhaps PIXAL. But seeing how many minifigures we’ve already gotten, I wouldn’t hold my breath for either of them to appear in a set. Most likely we’ve seen them all at this point. 

Really? Looking at the poster, that’s Aspheera, Pythor, Mechanic, Mr. E (Mr. F?) and Skull Sorceror. Then how does Harumi fit into things? (Also why is Harumi here anyway? Pythor, Aspheera, Skull Sorceror and Mechanic were all still alive last we knew, and Mr. E could have been rebuilt, but Harumi’s dead . . right?)

7 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Really? Looking at the poster, that’s Aspheera, Pythor, Mechanic, Mr. E (Mr. F?) and Skull Sorceror. Then how does Harumi fit into things? (Also why is Harumi here anyway? Pythor, Aspheera, Skull Sorceror and Mechanic were all still alive last we knew, and Mr. E could have been rebuilt, but Harumi’s dead . . right?)

The Description of Cole's Dragon Cruiser on Lego kids says that the ninja need to "stop the ninja’s enemies turning everyone in NINJAGO® City into zombies!" So maybe Harumi is going to be revived from the dead?

40 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

The Description of Cole's Dragon Cruiser on Lego kids says that the ninja need to "stop the ninja’s enemies turning everyone in NINJAGO® City into zombies!" So maybe Harumi is going to be revived from the dead?

I think the “zombies” are gonna be more of an infection than a death, and considering what Tommy said, I have a feeling that Harumi and Nya may actually be red herrings, only appearing in the sets and not the show. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

8 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I think the “zombies” are gonna be more of an infection than a death, and considering what Tommy said, I have a feeling that Harumi and Nya may actually be red herrings, only appearing in the sets and not the show. 

I disagree. Nya will not be a red herring, because if that was the case they would be releasing a $120 dollar single pilot mech without the true pilot. Tommy is clearly lying in an attempt to trick the fanbase into disregarding Promobrick's viability for leaks. I don't know why anybody is falling for this.

37 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

I disagree. Nya will not be a red herring, because if that was the case they would be releasing a $120 dollar single pilot mech without the true pilot. Tommy is clearly lying in an attempt to trick the fanbase into disregarding Promobrick's viability for leaks. I don't know why anybody is falling for this.

I’ve wondered about it being a double bluff but what I mean is that nya will not be the pilot in the show. Pixal is the obvious candidate for this, even in the trailer you can see how she moves is coordinated through the mech. Nya is in the mech set as it needs a pilot, but in the show it will be mainly piloted by pixal I think. Unless there’s a system where water is onboard and Nya controls it sort of like a second body, say there’s water tubing throughout the mech and Nya can control that to move the limbs. 

37 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I’ve wondered about it being a double bluff but what I mean is that nya will not be the pilot in the show. Pixal is the obvious candidate for this, even in the trailer you can see how she moves is coordinated through the mech. Nya is in the mech set as it needs a pilot, but in the show it will be mainly piloted by pixal I think. Unless there’s a system where water is onboard and Nya controls it sort of like a second body, say there’s water tubing throughout the mech and Nya can control that to move the limbs. 

I think Pixel will definitely pilot it at first, but Nya will take over at some point. Also, they just made a Pixel minifig in the Core Ninja Dojo set. It wouldn't really cost them to include that version in this new mech as well as the 'fake' Nya. Just replace Jay or the Vengestone warrior.

18 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

I think Pixel will definitely pilot it at first, but Nya will take over at some point. Also, they just made a Pixel minifig in the Core Ninja Dojo set. It wouldn't really cost them to include that version in this new mech as well as the 'fake' Nya. Just replace Jay or the Vengestone warrior.

I’m not too worried about Nya being the pilot, just that she’s back. I get that it’s a kids show but when a character dies I’d like them to stay dead for once, it’s happened too many times where one of the main cast dies one season and is back the next. I could see harumi being some sort of apparition or hoax, like someone trying to be harumi like the prime empire version. What if it was the master of form? Charmile or whatever her name is? That may prove to be an interesting plot point that the writers could use when looking at the sets. 

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I’m not too worried about Nya being the pilot, just that she’s back. I get that it’s a kids show but when a character dies I’d like them to stay dead for once, it’s happened too many times where one of the main cast dies one season and is back the next. I could see harumi being some sort of apparition or hoax, like someone trying to be harumi like the prime empire version. What if it was the master of form? Charmile or whatever her name is? That may prove to be an interesting plot point that the writers could use when looking at the sets. 

Chamile is unlikely, given the focus on vengestone would render her power useless. I agree that Nya should not be brought back to the same extent, but at the end of the day, this is a toyline, and they are going to milk the characters for all they are worth, especially after they get their own season. I think that if they bring har back, either Nya's mind should be restored to normal, and have her able to assume human form but still be made of water, or take away her elemental powers entirely, which would be a good reason why she would be samurai X again.

Well sets are now up on legos shop, oh my flipping god some of these prices are ropey. The temple of the crystal king sets price is downright disgusting, I was convinced there wasn't 80 dollars with of value there, let alone 80 pounds. At least we get full view images now. iIm really not liking this waves pricing, its really bringing it down. Coles cruiser for 40 pounds is also on the high side. 

Edit: temple set is £70, still way to high. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere