1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

So, there's a new part for Oni Lloyd and Garmadon that the Oni mask can attach to.

Also do all the Vengestone generals (i.e the returning villains) share the same torso?

the goons have two torso prints

Screenshot_20220502-024500_Instructions.

Wow, what an incredible wave! Lego keeps knocking it out of the park with these summer Ninjago waves and this one is no different. I have a lot of thoughts on these sets:

-71759 4+ Ninja Dragon Temple: Getting the uninteresting one out of the way; it’s an EVO set and it’s a 4+ set, so I don’t really have any desire to get this, though there are some cool pieces as with a lot of 4+ sets. I guess this is our third Nya dragon lol. (Second if you don’t count the HoT fusion one I guess.)

-71768 Jay’s Golden Dragon Bike: It’s your standard Ninjago motorcycle but there’s something I like about this one. Maybe I’m just biased since Jay is my favorite ninja. It’s cheap so I’ll probably get it, partially so I can get that insane Golden Dragon Jay figure.

-71769 Cole’s Dragon Cruiser: This set leaked like right as I was typing this out. I’m kinda over action/adventure hero vehicles at this point but I don’t mind this one. Maybe it’s just because in my many years of Ninjago collecting, I’ve only gotten like two Cole-specific vehicles. I think that Golden Dragon Kai might be the best looking one as well. I also never got any of the summer 2019 sets, so I wouldn’t be mad at getting an Aspheera figure. I could see myself picking this up on a whim at some point, probably discounted.

-71770 Zane’s Golden Dragon Jet: I feel the same about this set as when it first leaked. It doesn’t look bad, it’s just a boring set in my opinion. Cool figures though, and as with the rest of the wave, the box art is absolutely gorgeous.

-71772 The Crystal King: This thing looks awesome! The Overlord looking eyes are menacing and the build just looks very unique for a Ninjago set. It also comes with a new version of Harumi, who is one of my favorite non-ninja characters so I’m glad to see her again. I’ll just say this here as it applies to pretty much all of the sets: the henchmen figures are freaking awesome! Even their weapons are cool. The Crystal King also looks very cool as well.

-71773 Kai’s Golden Dragon Raider: This is a very weird looking build, but I honestly kinda dig it. It looks very unique, almost  like a little Ultra Sonic/Stealth Raider as the name suggests. I’ll probably pass on the set itself though and just get the figures at some point as they appear to be splendid here as well. It’s cool to see Mr E. again and it’s cool to see Skylor again as she is another favorite of mine. I have all three versions of her so far so I’ll definitely want to get this figure.

-71771 The Crystal King Temple: I thought this looked a little bare-bones at first, but the set has really grown on me on further inspection. I really love the way this playset is set up and all those trans-pink pieces make this a really awesome thing to display. I also really like how the standard ninja suits look this season, so this set including four of them has that going for it. I’ll probably get this set right when it comes out.

-71775 Nya’s Samurai X Mech: Oh man, this thing is legendary. I know people have mech fatigue but Ninjago just makes too many fantastic mechs for me to mind. This one might be my favorite outside of the Movie sets. Funnily enough, this one looks a lot like that small Creator mech that came out recently. The minifigure selection is also superb; eight amazing figures, most of which are exclusive, is just great. I’m interested to see how Nya is back and I love the Oni Garmadon and Dragon Master Wu appearances that call back to the Oni Trilogy. This is another set I’ll probably try to get right on release.

-71774 Lloyd’s Golden Ultra Dragon: This thing looks absolutely crazy, though the price is surprisingly poor for a Ninjago set. I get that the high minifigure selection, molded dragon heads and possibly the high quantity of gold pieces may have played a role in that, but still. As it stands, I have enough Ninjago dragons (at least ten at varying sizes the last time I checked) and I probably just don’t have room in the budget for this one, so I’ll probably just try to Bricklink some of the figures here as well. That Golden Oni Lloyd might be up there with last year’s NRG Nya as one of my favorite Ninjago figures yet.

I think I’m buying the Samurai X Mech and Crystal King Temple in August, The Crystal King and Jay’s Motorbike for my birthday the following month (I usually get at least one Ninjago set on my birthday each year), and I might get the Cole vehicle for a discount at some point. I’ll probably Bricklink the figures from the sets I’m passing on.

Overall, this is an absolutely amazing wave and like last year’s sets, it’s a great celebration of Ninjago thus far. I was let down by the EVO sets earlier this year, but these sets make up for that. It honestly feels like this could be the end of Ninjago, though I know that it won’t be of course. I would not be surprised if we’re about to get another reboot next year, possibly with the Ninja all grown up and mentoring the next generation. Only time will tell.

Edited by The Stud

Wow, this might be the best wave of Ninjago sets ever imho! I really like every single set(excluding the 4+, that doesn't count). I especially love Lloyd's Golden Ultra Dragon and the Crystal King! That is by far the best ultra dragon imo and I absolutely love the design of the Crystal King and the fact that it's a Centuar mech. I love the crystal villains, the dragon forms of the ninjas, the oni forms of Lloyd and Garmadon, very cool!

Edited by ToaDraco

The new wave looks fantastic, so much so that I really don't know which sets to pick up. The three smaller ninja vehicles don't interest me as much, but the rest are all great. The Crystal King is super unique, and the just looks really cool. Kai's vehicle is also good, but I can live without it. I'd also be remiss I'd I didn't mention the Samurai X Mech and the Ultra Dragon. Both of those general archetypes are highly saturated for Ninjago, but those two are certainly among the best they ever made. All in all an amazing wave. I'll probably pick up at least either the Crystal King and either the Dragon or the Mech, and maybe the other along with the temple if I can swing it. 

Man, I gotta say, yeah unlike the core wave, I love every single set here! They are all so good! I plan to pick all of them up whenever I can. Here are my thoughts on them individually.

Nya's Samurai X Mech - The color, the proportions, and the cyclops head, a super sentai robo in Ninjago? Sign me up! This was leaning more of what I was imagining when the name of the "combo mech" was leaked. Also, this mech gives off the vibe of Lloyd's titan mech but poseable which is great! And they finally got Garmadon's Oni mask right this time haha. So much better than his goofy head in MoTO. This set might be in my top two fave sets of this wave with the Crystal King. Absolute fanstatic!

Zane's Golden Dragon Jet - It looks similar to Jay's Storm Fighter from Legacy 2019 but I dig that transformation where the wings spreads!

Kai's Golden Dragon Raider - Looks funky but it's probably going to be able to do some really cool stuffs. EDIT - More images has surfaced and yeah, the transformed mode is really cool and unique!

Cole's Golden Dragon Cruiser - Personally, I find it to be the coolest Cole's vehicle visually since the Tread Assault.

Jay's Golden Dragon Bike - While it looks cool, I can't say anything spectacular about since it's your standard bike. I still like it very much though. But that Dragon Jay minifigure looks hella lit!

Lloyd's Golden Ultra Dragon - It never occurred to me that this dragon could be using Lloyd's Dragon crom the core wave but super saiyan-ed and that's actually pretty cool! 

The Crystal King's Temple - it kinda reminds me of Anti-Matter's base from Ultra Agents.In it-self it looks alright, it's definitely pretty cool but I think it would look even cooler when this set is in a diorama. I'm also kinda curious to see how the tensegrity works IRL.

The Crystal King - Ooh I so dig this one! For some reason, this gives me some Egyptian vibes, probably because the centaur looks similar Tol'vir Dark Pharaohs from World of Warcraft. Like mentioned above this set and Samurai X is def my top two fave of this wave! 

Overall, the visuals have exceeded my expectations, the designers nailed this wave! I was worried that it's going to be a Power Miner, but nope! This is Ninjago, but golden super saiyan-ed! Also, I wasn't really feeling the crystal warriors (I was thinking that they would be Blizzard Samurai 2.0) when hearing them but after seeing them, they look good! Especially the Crystal King minifigure, he looks so wicked! The Ninja minifigures look really good too! Using three different suits to tell a transformation pretty unique in my eyes! While Crystallized is the second concluding wave of Ninjago, it's the first to do a proper one in such a spectacular fashion!

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

Pretty good minifigure-wise, though I think black would have been better than gunmetal-grey for the villains.

Edited by DarthLeapyous

2 hours ago, DarthLeapyous said:

Pretty good minifigure-wise, though I think black would have been better than gunmetal-grey for the villains.

While I get that black would be a better color (the legacy Overlords minifigs were stellar!), I also understand why gunmetal was chosen as making the villains black would have them similar to last year's Maaray Guards as they're black too. I'm just guessing though.

However, on the other hand, their current color scheme does make them look like an amalgamation of Monkie Kid's Bull Grunts and the Core Wave's Snake Warriors. Still, the new villains designs are pretty insane!

wow.. there are callbacks and cecolours all the way back to season 8. It always makes me happy to see them iconic pieces make a return.

And the new molds.. I can't even count.. TLG must have saved money for 1,5 years and now BAM we get a ton of new molds just everywhere.

I'm out though - I have no space for them huge builds anymore and while the figures are cool - at some point I gotta stop collecting or I have to open a museum :pir-tongue:.

Since bricks & pieces is gone and ninjago pieces there weren't available for a year already, I will put my hope on magazine gifts to get maybe some of the cool new molds.

Standout for me are the new oni masks - Lloyd and Garmadon look superb. Also the rest of the ninja suits look cool (3 for reach is insane..) but in comparison to the last years they don't differentiate enough I feel..

10 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

wow.. there are callbacks and cecolours all the way back to season 8. It always makes me happy to see them iconic pieces make a return.

And the new molds.. I can't even count.. TLG must have saved money for 1,5 years and now BAM we get a ton of new molds just everywhere.

I know right?! The team really poured everything into it!   This is what peak performance looks like  :wub_drool:

I made a vow to myself that I would get every anniversary suit over time, and that's almost done. Now, I think I'm going to do the same for the whole summer wave! This seems to me like the final climax, and I don't want to miss it. 

The re-use of the same torso print for the returning villains is very disappointing IMO. Could have had some really cool and unique prints.

1 hour ago, DarthLeapyous said:

The re-use of the same torso print for the returning villains is very disappointing IMO. Could have had some really cool and unique prints.

Yeah, I did actually notice that too. I agree that it's one of the lower points and would definitely be nice for more uniqueness to be used. Though.. thankfully it doesn't really bother me that much nowadays as I don't plan on collecting minifigures "hardcore" for cataloguing purposes anymore. I'm just going to enjoy the very good ones such as the Crystal King.

Personally, I find having the same minifigures having two different heads/faces and accessories to be more of a headache. Not to mentioned the ghost warriors from Possession having different names but they can also be the exact same minifigure. Whew, those weren't fun!  

I like the temple + crystal king, since you get all the "regular" ninjas (I know there's no regular nya) of the season that way + the sets use the same color scheme which I do really like with the grey and transparent-pink.

As a whole wave, it's cool for sure, and a lot of nice colors and parts, but I try to avoid getting too many vehicles these days and especially those vehicles are quite high priced due to being bigger sets, but quite a large amount of pieces and figures in return. (I'm not saying overpriced)

But yes, if I collect this wave I'll start with those 2 Crystal King sets first.

Edited by TeriXeri

Unless Unagami is the dragon in the crystal king temple or Samurai X mech. Might be safe to say he's not returning

33 minutes ago, Bloquerto said:

Do we know if the sets will get released worldwide in june?

Every where but North America 

38 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Every where but North America 

I really still don't understand why they always hold them until August for North America, but I guess I wouldn't be buying many (if any) of them right at launch, so it's not the end of the world. 

Is there any word on official USD prices? I'm hoping the Dragon isn't quite as expensive over here, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

God... it's taken me a little to get my thoughts together about this wave. It truly feels like nothing was left off the table. Every one of the vehicles is impressive and unique. There's a TON of unique figs (including THREE variants of each of the original four ninja), returning heroes AND villains including fan-favorites like Skylor. An abundance of new molds and recolors. An awesome golden dragon and a full-size mech WITH working knees.

I would've been perfectly happy with a wave like Seabound or the Island, where you could get more or less every fig in two or three sets and I could use the money saved on the rest of the wave on the new Monkie Kid sets or something. But in this wave none of the sets feel skippable, and not just because of the abundance of unique figs but also because every one of the sets feels new, fresh, and exciting.

34 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

But in this wave none of the sets feel skippable, and not just because of the abundance of unique figs but also because every one of the sets feels new, fresh, and exciting.

I do see some categories in the sets , at least for the ninja figures.

• The 2 crystal king sets have "normal" ninjas - €140
  • The Golden Dragon has all golden ninjas - €140
  • Samurai X and Wu in the mech set. - €110
  • And then the winged ninjas in the other 4 vehicle sets. - €180

But yes if you want all the specific villains/special characters, they are spread across the sets.

It's certainly a big budget wave (€570 for all 8 sets before discount)  , but that'd certainly would be an impressive display of "army" of characters, and many cool crystal warriors as well.

Personally I'll get the 2 crystal king sets first, and then see from there what priorities are left.

I do think those Crystal King sets will fit well with the Season 13 Master of the mountain sets like the dungeon board and the Mino Beast aesthetic.

Edited by TeriXeri

I really love this wave.  The Crystal King looks fantastic.  I will be getting the whole wave I think at this point maybe leave out the mech.  The dragon ninja are great.  These pieces are going to make for some great customizable figs too.  

I think the minifigures are stunning and the sets are 'meh'. However the prices are a ---- NO! Out of control.