I think it's fair to say that we will almost certainly see the sets in high resolution around the beginning of May. Other than that this stuff just varies a lot, as we have already seen this upcoming wave having been leaked in three separate instances (the lone image of Zane's jet, the leak of most of the sets on the gray background, and the recent extremely grainy pictures). It is not out of the realm of possibility that we could see the new sets any day now in better quality leaks, or even an official reveal, but I think it is best to just keep expectations low since there's an even more likely chance that we will be waiting until May. If we the sets before May then it will be a pleasant surprise, but expecting them within the next week might not be a great idea. 

8 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

New poster revealed! Looks good. Doesnt look like much though

Agreed, not many interesting things on the surface, however if we looks at the crystal refelections, I can see pythor, Mr E, the mechanic, the skull sorcerer, and aspheera. This pretty much confirms the villain return, and hopefully the sets should soon follow. Really hyped to see the new golden weapons! 

Agreed. Really excited to see the overlord confirmed as well! Now we just gotta figure out how the mechanic plays into all this. I suppose he may be the “trafficker” considering it’s his vans that where carrying the vengestone in seabound…..

Well 2 new suits have leaked, unfortunately in the “promotional pose” where we can barley see any of the printing….. 

kai looks like a cross between his rebooted stone armour look and MOTM suit, plus a gold head wrap, Lloyd looks like an updated version of his rebooted suit. (Or something similar). Kai is wielding a brand new sword piece which looks great, Lloyd has his usual sword. 

if I had to guess, the leaks mentioned 3 separate suits for the ninja, the golden dragon suit, an exclusive suit in the temple of the crystal king (ToCK) and the regular suit. My thinking is that Lloyd is wearing his regular suit and the exclusive suit in the ToCK is the golden suit Kai has on, sort of like an in between version of the dragon suit and the normal suit. 

edit: just realised, they still have the same face print. Damit Lego, we had all the new molds and one ninja knocked of the team, you could have at least spared some budget to give us some new faces ! 
Either way I’m sure the sets will make up for them

Edited by a guy from somewhere

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Well 2 new suits have leaked, unfortunately in the “promotional pose” where we can barley see any of the printing….. 

kai looks like a cross between his rebooted stone armour look and MOTM suit, plus a gold head wrap, Lloyd looks like an updated version of his rebooted suit. (Or something similar). Kai is wielding a brand new sword piece which looks great, Lloyd has his usual sword. 

if I had to guess, the leaks mentioned 3 separate suits for the ninja, the golden dragon suit, an exclusive suit in the temple of the crystal king (ToCK) and the regular suit. My thinking is that Lloyd is wearing his regular suit and the exclusive suit in the ToCK is the golden suit Kai has on, sort of like an in between version of the dragon suit and the normal suit. 

edit: just realised, they still have the same face print. Damit Lego, we had all the new molds and one ninja knocked of the team, you could have at least spared some budget to give us some new faces ! 
Either way I’m sure the sets will make up for them

They look awesome!

Just now, Rolyat24 said:

I hope that new blade isn’t supposed to be the Sword of Fire. That would be laughable.

I have a feeling its not meant to be the sword of fire, but instead a sort of continuation of the sword of fire, like a brand new weapon but the same concept. People have also pointed out that kai has an R symbol on his headband instead of the regular symbol he has, which I believe is a K. Lloyd however still has his same old symbol. as a lot of people on Instagram and YouTube have said, I feel that so far these suits are average. They're good, but not incredible. 

I’m sure most of you have already seen it, but a crystal armor piece has leaked on Instagram. It looks good, can’t wait to see the full minifigures! 

Yep, crystal armour looks incredible! The hype for this season is intense, especially as Lego is actually taking the time to promote the latest season now! And Tommy is constantly dropping hints on Twitter, and I can just tell the official reveal is just days away. Maybe even tomorow! I hope it is. It would give me some inspiration for weekend building! 

either way im Interested to see what role the mechanic plays in the season, as he’s confirmed to be one of the crystal generals, so he must play a decent role, yet I don’t think it was confirmed in any of the leaks that he’s in any of the sets, and considering he hasn’t appeared in a magazine foil pack and he’s exclusive to the gardens, I feel like that fig may shoot up in value in the coming months. 

Heads up guys, JBspielwaren have posted a countdown on insta with the translated title being "preorder new June novelties" with the ninjago poster behind it. Countdown is 2 days 14 hours from 9:00 AM BST. Best guess is a reveal either today or more likely tomorrow.  HYPE!

Looks promising! Hopefully the story lives up to the hype, sounds like a lot of things are going on. Thanks for bringing this here!

And I'm going to add this - thank frick that it's called "Crystallized" It's one of the biggest factor that I'm happy to see from this trailer! I'll just be frank here, "Endgame" from the leaks sounds like a dumb and very cliche title post-Avengers now. (When used in a certain concluding context.)

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

Wow. Just incredible, cannot wait for this season. Some things to pick out, the Titan mech, that looks amazing, and Cole’s car, I am in love with that design. I really hope the sets can do them justice. The suits as well, of my god I love those black stealth suits. I am praying we get those in sets but knowing Lego I doubt that, especially as one of the slots is already taken with the dragon armour.

4 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

ALL NEW TEASER BABY HYPE?

Jay and Cole's new suits can be seen at 0:41, and Zane's at 0:49. 
The new Ninja team (seen in full at 0:49) does not appear to include any of the main Ninja or their allies (from looking at their eyebrows). I cannot tell if they are villains or not, since despite Yellow fighting Kai at 0:50, Kai and Jay also fight in the trailer (perhaps regarding Nya? EDIT: Definitely related to Nya, considering the water in the foreground of the shot.), so it could be misleading. As for their role, I am going to guess that they are either a villainous team that frames the Ninja for their own crimes (hence the Ninja ending up in prison), or a replacement/stand-in team who protect Ninjago while the main Ninja are imprisoned. 
Part of the plot seems to involve breaking Aspheera out of prison (0:29), since she is seen at the Monastery (0:16), though it is unclear exactly why (possibly something to do with her staff, seen at 0:30?). EDIT: Aspheera does not seem to be involved in the fight at 0:09, and the snake beside Ronin at 0:14 is the Serpentine who takes part in the fight, not Aspheera (further suggesting that she is either an ally who the Ninja make while in prison, or the reason that they are in prison to begin with). 
EDIT: The dragon at the end of the trailer is Nya - While it is holding a person in its mouth, which would seem to indicate that it is a villain, the combination of the storm and the fact that the person in-question is wearing clothes similar to the others on the ship (which appear to be generic fishermen on a fishing boat), I think that the dragon (Nya) is actually rescuing someone who fell overboard. 

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I love those black stealth suits. I am praying we get those in sets but knowing Lego I doubt that, especially as one of the slots is already taken with the dragon armour.

If you are referring to the main Ninja's all-black suits, LEGO would only need to include one in a single set (since all of them appear to be identical), so there is a chance that we could get them. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

12 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Jay and Cole's new suits can be seen at 0:41, and Zane's at 0:49. 
The new Ninja team (seen in full at 0:49) does not appear to include any of the main Ninja or their allies (from looking at their eyebrows). I cannot tell if they are villains or not, since despite Yellow fighting Kai at 0:50, Kai and Jay also fight in the trailer (perhaps regarding Nya?), so it could be misleading. As for their role, I am going to guess that they are either a villainous team that frames the Ninja for their own crimes (hence the Ninja ending up in prison), or a replacement/stand-in team who protect Ninjago while the main Ninja are imprisoned. 
Part of the plot seems to involve breaking Aspheera out of prison (0:29), since she is seen at the Monastery (0:16), though it is unclear exactly why (possibly something to do with her staff, seen at 0:30?). 

Seen as Ninjago is getting a soft reboot, whislt I doubt they would completely replace the ninja, considering kais voice actor has now left, it may be a way to tease the new team. Speaking of which, my god I hope we get these suits at some point. I know it’s unlikely, but they look so epic! I love the “stealth” look they’re going for and I wish there was a red one. Interesting to note the 2 pink ninja, also both carry the same weapon. Maybe identical twins? That would be a cool dynamic! 

Aspherea being with the ninja may be somewhat intriguing but I don’t have high hopes, however on the upside this does give us a look at the new suits as mentioned, but also some of the sets. The suits look great, honestly they may be my favourite regular suits, (dragon master suits on top baby!) and the new sets, oh my god! The mech is an interesting colour scheme, I hope they can pull it off in the sets but it looks alright in the show. Coles car though, my god am I in love! That looks so good, a cross between a beach buggy and a military tank, I love it. Can’t say the same for the set version though, from what I can see in the prelims it looks way to big and long, with the blades being far too big. But the show version, perfect. There’s something about the small squat appearance that I just like. Will def try to MOC it up on the weekend.  

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Interesting to note the 2 pink ninja, also both carry the same weapon. Maybe identical twins? That would be a cool dynamic! 

One is light pink, and the other is dark pink - Additionally, they do not have the same weapon; at 0:36, we see Light Pink with a hammer, and at 0:48 Dark Pink has a sword. (Also, before anyone speculates about this, the pink-haired woman at 0:38 is not one of the new ninja - She has eyeshadow, which none of the new characters have). EDIT: The new orange ninja appears to have the same eyeshadow, so they may actually be the same character. 

Seen as Ninjago is getting a soft reboot, whislt I doubt they would completely replace the ninja, considering kais voice actor has now left, it may be a way to tease the new team. 

I was not aware of that. Between Kai's actor leaving, Kirby Morrow's death, and whatever Nya's fate is, though, I can see next season starting with a brief time-jump to the new team as the main characters, with the legacy Ninja as their sensei. 

I love the “stealth” look they’re going for 

I agree; very "stealth-TRON". Also worth noting is that the new team seems tech-based, contrasted with the current Ninja's element-based powers, which would set them apart well if they are going to become the main team at some point. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

13 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

One is light pink, and the other is dark pink - Additionally, they do not have the same weapon; at 0:36, we see Light Pink with a hammer, and at 0:48 Dark Pink has a sword. (Also, before anyone speculates about this, the pink-haired woman at 0:38 is not one of the new ninja - She has eyeshadow, which none of the new characters have). 

I was not aware of that. Between Kai's actor leaving, Kirby Morrow's death, and whatever Nya's fate is, though, I can see next season starting with a brief time-jump to the new team as the main characters, with the legacy Ninja as their sensei. 

I agree; very "stealth-TRON". Also worth noting is that the new team seems tech-based, contrasted with the current Ninja's element-based powers, which would set them apart well if they are going to become the main team at some point. 

Good spot! Strange that some weapons are shared between both ninja teams, and others are not, and I really do like the tech based feel way more than the elemental feel. 

5 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I really do like the tech based feel way more than the elemental feel. 

I like both, but I appreciate the differentiation (and the potential shift in tone/stories/etc that may come with this being the new main team). 
BTW, I have updated my original post with more things that I noticed upon rewatching the trailer. 

On 4/2/2022 at 3:18 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yesterday, Tommy Andreasen posted a "Two truths, One lie" on Twitter for the coming season. If the first option is true, then I think that the lyrics "They say / Go slow / And everything just stands so still" are the ones in-question, and we may see some kind of power/type of Spinjitzu that can slow or stop time (which we already saw with the Time Blades in THoT, so it is clearly not impossible in-universe). 

Another potential set of lyrics are: 
They Say 
NO NO! 
But we don't wanna sit around no more

WE SAY
GO GO!
You're gonna see us rip into it...

Perhaps the Ninja initially discourage the new team from fighting (perhaps due to their lack of elemental powers), but the new team persists and eventually wins the Ninja's respect. It makes sense to tie the original Ninja passing the torch to a new team into the theme, and it allows the theme to be retained for "Ninjago 2.0" (if this is the route that the show is taking with the new characters). 

3 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Why did he leave?

Not sure, but Tommy said to Vincent (the voice actor) “It was a glorious send off though. Thanks for sticking around for so long”. Context: Tommy talking about the bittersweet ending of season 16.

There is a Pride flag visible on the back of the van at 0:39 (a Twitter user noticed this first), which is the first explicit reference to/appearance of LGBTQIA+ individuals in the series (and, unless there is one in Friends, the first in-house LGBT character that LEGO has made)!!