Sorry, but I'm not one for impressionism and abstract art... wake me up when there's more pixels, okay? :laugh:

Should this even count as a leak? All it revealed is the general colours of the sets. It really isn't much to go off. 

Considering how abysmal the quality of the images is, it kind of feels like someone must have intentionally made them look worse. Is there any reason a leaker might do that, or were the pictures actually just taken on a potato?

my guess is that they where part of a larger page and these pics where just really small, and then just screenshotted (is that even a word?) and then distributed, probably from a shipping document or something like that and it just had pictures at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

Considering how abysmal the quality of the images is, it kind of feels like someone must have intentionally made them look worse. Is there any reason a leaker might do that, or were the pictures actually just taken on a potato?

Well, if you look closely you can tell that these pictures had watermarks on them, so maybe they were trying to avoid those?

36 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

my guess is that they where part of a larger page and these pics where just really small, and then just screenshotted (is that even a word?) and then distributed, probably from a shipping document or something like that and it just had pictures at the bottom.

More likely, it's something like this though

3 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I don't know why I didn't think of that myself, I would be willing to bet that this is probably what happened. Hopefully we see some better pictures within the next few weeks.

Well a “leak” has shown us what the new grunt of the wave may be, the crystal samurai. @gardenofbricks is the insta post, obviously take this with a ton more salt than usual due to the date, And I’m gonna be honest, it looks very much like an edit, the legs seem to be an exact recolour of the old ice samurais and his page seems to be mainly minifig edits. But on the off chance it’s real, the face is the most confusing. I don’t recognise it, and just judging from the look, I think this is a random civilian “infected” by the evil energy. 

It looks pretty fake, so take it with a handful of salt, but the face is what’s throwing me of right now. 

edit: this post is confirmed fake. I’ll show my gullible self out, sorry guys. Remind me to check if it’s written on the ceiling as well…..

Edited by a guy from somewhere

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Well a “leak” has shown us what the new grunt of the wave may be, the crystal samurai. @gardenofbricks is the insta post, obviously take this with a ton more salt than usual due to the date, And I’m gonna be honest, it looks very much like an edit, the legs seem to be an exact recolour of the old ice samurais and his page seems to be mainly minifig edits. But on the off chance it’s real, the face is the most confusing. I don’t recognise it, and just judging from the look, I think this is a random civilian “infected” by the evil energy. 

It looks pretty fake, so take it with a handful of salt, but the face is what’s throwing me of right now. 

Yeah, every piece of it is a recolor. The face is from the Hobgoblin from 2016 (https://brickset.com/sets/76058-1/Spider-Man-Ghost-Rider-Team-Up) so it's 100% a fake/April fools joke.

1 hour ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

Yeah, every piece of it is a recolor. The face is from the Hobgoblin from 2016 (https://brickset.com/sets/76058-1/Spider-Man-Ghost-Rider-Team-Up) so it's 100% a fake/April fools joke.

Yeah, I’m aware of that now. My apologies for posting the previous post, I obviously need to do more digging before blindly spouting on about leaks. As said, sorry about that, and if I got any of your hopes up. Hopefully we get the full images soon. 

I hope my idea about infected civilians comes to be as well, it would incorporate the ice emperors methods and also make an interesting foe for the ninja, as they really shouldn’t be hurting/attacking the people they’re trying to protect…..

Edited by a guy from somewhere

On 3/30/2022 at 5:59 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

I'm a fan of screenshat for the past tense.

Yesterday, Tommy Andreasen posted a "Two truths, One lie" on Twitter for the coming season. If the first option is true, then I think that the lyrics "They say / Go slow / And everything just stands so still" are the ones in-question, and we may see some kind of power/type of Spinjitzu that can slow or stop time (which we already saw with the Time Blades in THoT, so it is clearly not impossible in-universe). 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yesterday, Tommy Andreasen posted a "Two truths, One lie" on Twitter for the coming season. If the first option is true, then I think that the lyrics "They say / Go slow / And everything just stands so still" are the ones in-question, and we may see some kind of power/type of Spinjitzu that can slow or stop time (which we already saw with the Time Blades in THoT, so it is clearly not impossible in-universe). 

I mean I assume for this season it would have to do with dragon powers since that’s the main point of the season. I imagine part of the song will unlock a certain dragon power 

On 3/30/2022 at 12:28 AM, Rolyat24 said:

Moving forward, would y’all prefer we return to Legacy or stick with Core? I think Core was a breath of fresh air after a lot of uninspiring Legacy sets. Don’t get me wrong, Legacy gave us some great sets and minifigures, but also a lot of duds IMO. That said, I’m not sure how well Core would work as just a handful of sets alongside the “main” wave in the same way that Legacy often did. I’m curious to hear your thoughts. 

Legacy definitely, core didn't really catch my eye. they all felt quite generic, the combo mech was a fun idea but it didn't do it for me. Legacy has better fig variety too with new takes on old villains and then there's stuff from the show that Lego has not made before thrown in the mix as well. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yesterday, Tommy Andreasen posted a "Two truths, One lie" on Twitter for the coming season.

I'm hoping that the last one is the lie, it wouldn't make sense to have endgame level secrecy for ninjago and it'd be fun to see those side characters and villains pop back up in the show.  

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If the first option is true, then I think that the lyrics "They say / Go slow / And everything just stands so still" are the ones in-question, and we may see some kind of power/type of Spinjitzu that can slow or stop time (which we already saw with the Time Blades in THoT, so it is clearly not impossible in-universe). 

That's a really cool idea. 

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'm hoping that the last one is the lie.

I hope so. I would be mad if the sets turns out to be inaccurate.

I saw a lot of comments that said the first option was the fake one because it wouldn't be possible that Tommy and the creators of the show had this Weekend Whip plot in their mind since the Pilots. I don't agree with this because the first option can turns out true with a retcon. I mean, it isn't far fetched for a show that lasted longer than planned  to take elements from past seasons and give them a new meaning. Even would be simbolic make the Weekend Whip something more important than just an intro song.

Just finished the Ultra Combo Mech set today. WOW. I was impressed enough with the set concept on its own, but it really comes out looking good and VERY substantial when you've combined it all together. My only real gripe/complaint is that weapon storage would've been nice.

15 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'm hoping that the last one is the lie, it wouldn't make sense to have endgame level secrecy for ninjago and it'd be fun to see those side characters and villains pop back up in the show.  

I agree. The second option (the potted plant) has to be true, so that means that either option 1 or option 3 is the lie. Considering that LEGO has (often not even to prevent spoilers) either included relatively irrelevant characters or not included important ones, it seems unlikely that they would start doing the same thing now, only purposefully. Additionally, what "spoilers" would need to be protected? The show will air around the time that the sets are released, so the only people who could possibly be "spoiled" are those who manage to see leaks. Furthermore, since the exact wording says that LEGO added irrelevant material, not that they are holding off on some more spoiler-y content until a subsequent wave (like Harumi in her Quiet One outfit), I find it even less likely to be true. 

15 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Just finished the Ultra Combo Mech set today. WOW. I was impressed enough with the set concept on its own, but it really comes out looking good and VERY substantial when you've combined it all together. My only real gripe/complaint is that weapon storage would've been nice.

Cool, just picked it up myself, only Ninjago set I have bought for about a year now, kind of disappointed the way the dragons have been downsized, the Star Wars treatment, lol, so I am glad to hear you like it so much. Just started and am still on the first mech.

Curious does your first mech have two right hands? If you followed the instructions it might have. There is a mistake I have found on page 49, Step 134. In the call-out step 3 has you putting the "thumb", 1x1 stud with handle on the wrong side, however in the very next step in magically appears on the correct side.

So far I like this set a lot, many pieces that may not be new but are new to me and will be very useful for future builds. Very good value too for the elements you get.

Edited by Johnny1360

53 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Cool, just picked it up myself, only Ninjago set I have bought for about a year now, kind of disappointed the way the dragons have been downsized, the Star Wars treatment, lol, so I am glad to hear you like it so much. Just started and am still on the first mech.

Curious does your first mech have two right hands? If you followed the instructions it might have. There is a mistake I have found on page 49, Step 134. In the call-out step 3 has you putting the "thumb", 1x1 stud with handle on the wrong side, however in the very next step in magically appears on the correct side.

So far I like this set a lot, many pieces that may not be new but are new to me and will be very useful for future builds. Very good value too for the elements you get.

I wouldn't consider the dragons as a unit "downgraded" any more than I did with the 4+ ones in previous years, to be honest. Obviously the 6+ dragons are simpler and less detailed than some earlier, more complex dragons, but at the same time Lloyd's Legendary Dragon is remarkably complex and detailed (its torso is very well-shaped and personally I'd consider its head construction up there with Firstbourne as some of the best of the best). Part of Ninjago having such a massive appeal to different age ranges means you kind of have to accept that not all sets are going to be to the same "standard" of complexity and detail, and especially with iconic features of the theme like dragons and mechs, they're likely to range from simple sets for early builders to massive, complex sets at the upper price points.

I don't remember if the thumbs in my instructions were identical, to be honest. I know that I did end up deviating from the instructions on some of the sticker placement—the instructions had the stickers for the "kneepads" oriented differently from one another so I reversed one to make them consistent.

20 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I wouldn't consider the dragons as a unit "downgraded"

I think maybe you misunderstood me, I said downsized, as in smaller, not to be confused with downgraded, as in poorer quality.

Big difference

Edited by Johnny1360

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

I think maybe you misunderstood me, I said downsized, as in smaller, not to be confused with downgraded, as in poorer quality.

Big difference

Okay, but similarly, that only applies to the 6+ dragons—Lloyd's Legendary Dragon is also there and is a beefy boi. I don't think we've seen the end of larger dragons any more than we have the end of larger mechs—we'll probably continue to see a mix of small and large sets for both types of subjects.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Okay, but similarly, that only applies to the 6+ dragons—Lloyd's Legendary Dragon is also there and is a beefy boi. I don't think we've seen the end of larger dragons any more than we have the end of larger mechs—we'll probably continue to see a mix of small and large sets for both types of subjects.

I think it is also worth pointing out that we already know about the sets for the next wave, and the two largest are a dragon and a mech. We definitely are going to keep getting big dragons and mechs in the future, Lego just wants to have a good mix of sizes and price points available at any given time. Next year we'll probably get some more small dragons and mechs in the first wave, then some larger ones in the summer of 2023, and so on until they find that people are tired of them (assuming that ever happens).

Ninjago has been releasing it's largest sets in the June summer waves consistently now for a lot of years, and 2022 will be no exception.

2022 has 3 dragons so far, and we already know there will be more for this year, the biggest set for summer is a Dragon actually.

So far the lack of Legacy isn't really affecting the number of mechs/dragons/temples/cars imo, but the Evo concept certainly aims at a wider age target audience (wider range doesn't mean younger)

+ there are still  dragons from previous years on shelves

71742: Overlord Dragon - no end date known

71753: Fire Dragon Attack - 31 Jul 2022 end date (brickset)

71746: Jungle Dragon -  no end date known

71754: Water Dragon -  no end date known

Edited by TeriXeri

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well, i kinda hope some dragons are molded instead of brick-built. Just saying. 

Thats not going to happen. Ninjago has always primarily had brick built dragons, and I think that they are simply too big to warrant the expenditure on Lego's part and the cost on ours. I make an exception for Jurassic and city, because they are trying to depict semi-realistic animals in their sets, but for Ninjago, the molded heads and Jaws are more than enough.

5 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Thats not going to happen. Ninjago has always primarily had brick built dragons, and I think that they are simply too big to warrant the expenditure on Lego's part and the cost on ours. I make an exception for Jurassic and city, because they are trying to depict semi-realistic animals in their sets, but for Ninjago, the molded heads and Jaws are more than enough.

Well, what a bummer. Quite true.

But if Ninjago introduces any new molds for dragons, they could reuse for future sets in this theme. Or these body parts would be reused for other themes (for example, Harry Potter). It would be easy to save money within budget limit. 

Like Jurasic World thee, dinosaur’s body parts are reused / recolored. 

Head, jaw, and wing molds are not enough for me, IMO.