On 1/25/2022 at 3:30 AM, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I really hope each crystal samurai is a different colour- it might mirror the main ninjas too much but a load of different semi-transparent armour pieces could look really cool

Yeah, I would definitely love to see that too. Some distinct variety within the villain factions are always nice to see.  I would guess this is could be one of the reasons why the original serpentine tribes are very interesting. It would really cool for the returning villains to be generals leading different colored squads of crystal samurais.

2 hours ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

Honestly, part of me is expecting the non-golden suits to be repeats of the Core suits. It just seems a bit much to get that many new ninja minifigs in one wave, and since they are specifically described as 'golden', I wouldn't expect them to be 'the other suits but with wings'. That's a complete guess on my part though.

and maybe one of the samurai is General Vex from the Ice Chapter (He's still alive, right?). Even if that's not the case, I loved the ice samurai, and I hope these crystal ones capture some of the same energy as those. Hopefully the crystal sword and armor piece look fantastic.

Considering that the recent season/chapters has been using SotFS's suits as the Ninja's casual suits, I can see the Core suits being a good candidates for the next casual suits if those in-charge wants a shake-up in aesthetics. I find myself liking the Core suits more as casuals than SotFS's.

Also wow, I've completely forgotten about Vex. Now I just remembered that he's still a surviving villain, just powerless which lands him in a similar spot to Vangelis. The only major differences between him and the revealed returning villains is that Vex is still in the Never-Realm while the rest are all (last-seen) in Ninjago. It's definitely not out of the picture that he could return but yeah, as someone else mentioned, the time jump does make things complicated and convoluted for him (or any other characters in the Never-Realm) to return smoothly without some form of retconning.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

20 hours ago, ZEROANON00 said:

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for the 1HY wave I'd appreciate it. I'm definitely going to cop the Ice Mech and Fire Dragon to start off.

I picked up the Combo mech and really enjoyed it, but if you aren't looking to spend a lot of money then it's not an option. I can't speak to any of the other sets, though I have been thinking about picking up one or two of the other sets later down the line. 

59 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I picked up the Combo mech and really enjoyed it, but if you aren't looking to spend a lot of money then it's not an option. I can't speak to any of the other sets, though I have been thinking about picking up one or two of the other sets later down the line. 

Definitely been debating picking that one up a little later, I'm a sucker for large mecha and seeing how flawlessly the combination gimmick worked on it actually surprised me. They're really knocking it out of the park with these past few larger mecha so I'll definitely consider it if I can squeeze it into my budget, thanks!

If I’m remembering correctly, the time difference was explained simply as “time works differently here” or something along those lines. I don’t think they ever specifically said that time moves faster than in Ninjago. After all, the time the ninja spend in there is a lot less than Zane, and yet they return to Ninjago a day or more after they left. I think it’s safe to say there’s no math involved here, it’s just whatever the writers need it to be. So it’s definitely possible to see a return of any of those characters if the writers want them to return. 

1 hour ago, ZEROANON00 said:

Definitely been debating picking that one up a little later, I'm a sucker for large mecha and seeing how flawlessly the combination gimmick worked on it actually surprised me. They're really knocking it out of the park with these past few larger mecha so I'll definitely consider it if I can squeeze it into my budget, thanks!

Jays electro dragon is actually really nice in the "companion" form, if you build it and do a bit of modding, it can look remarkably good. I may post a pic later of my one, but the basic gist is move the wings to just below the saddle, keep everything except the middle section of the dragon and exchange the click hinges on the neck for ball joints. Makes the dragon look 10 times better. Zane's ice mech on the other hand is pretty good, larger than the marvel mechs, lacks mobility but makes a nice display piece. I'd see chubbybots "upgrading the ice mech vid, he does a cracking job. Figs are good as well, you get one of the new stud shooters. 

2 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

If I’m remembering correctly, the time difference was explained simply as “time works differently here” or something along those lines. I don’t think they ever specifically said that time moves faster than in Ninjago. After all, the time the ninja spend in there is a lot less than Zane, and yet they return to Ninjago a day or more after they left. I think it’s safe to say there’s no math involved here, it’s just whatever the writers need it to be. So it’s definitely possible to see a return of any of those characters if the writers want them to return. 

Yeah, you're most likely right there. I guess sometimes simple solutions works better than beating around the bush with convoluted concepts.

9 hours ago, ZEROANON00 said:

The combination function works way better than I was expecting. There are definitely a few minor issues with it but I think it's honestly one of my favorite mechs of the line thus far, beaten only  by Zane's mech from last year.

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Given that we have all these descriptions, do we have any idea when we could actually see pictures of the sets? 

March or April.

As I have just no more space non of the sets sound like I can allow myself to get them. Like I have put a stop on mechs years ago even if a huge Nya mech sounds really cool :bonaparte:.

Unfortunate that non of the printed ninjago figures or pieces are available on bricks and pieces anymore. It has never been so restrictive - even last year there were some parts available. I loved the character of Harumi and unlike Pixal (cool fig but I don't need the version) and her designs were always pretty cool. And of course it looks like they'll do a really cool Nya figure in the 2nd biggest set :pir_wacko:.

Well here's hopping for magazines to give us rare figures cheap :pir-grin:.

I’m disappointed that LEGO has abandoned the spinner style of 2019-2020. With these gimmick sets, I’d much prefer a standard style of spinner that we could then get tons of variations of, like back in 2011-2012. Instead, we get new expensive parts every year that will never be reused.

The figures are also pretty uninspired this time around, basically being a cross between Airjitzu and forbidden spinjitzu. I guess there’s only so many times you can do “energized ninja” and have it look unique. 

Training centre is a great add-on set. The spinner is a bit unneed (raises the price) but on the other hand it adds a play feature (with the slide)

The gate/arch being 6 wide makes it a bit more significant add on compared to if it were some thin 4 wide build.

The gate with the lanterns probably will connect to the broken wall section on the left side of dojo as it has pin holes there.

Most of all, the color scheme of the parts is very decent, no weird colors.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 1/30/2022 at 2:27 PM, TeriXeri said:

Training centre is a great add-on set.

It's cool, but the price seems a bit high...

I love the spinners though. :)

I know people say that Ninjago won't last forever and that each season feels repetitive, but how long do you think Ninjago will last?

Now that Nya is gone post Seabound, will she be replaced? Hopefully we learn who the Vengestone Buyer is during this next upcoming season!

Hi everyone.

Apparently there is a strong possibility that the gold winged ninja have the Shintaro people's wings (according to a video made by a LAN member).

Interested to see how they make that in LEGO, since each wing is two pieces, though the overall design is more delicate/elegant than I would expect from the ninja, I thought it would be more like Chima fire wings.

Also, I kinda want the wolves from the newest Core short to be a thing, though the details might be difficult to reproduce at that scale (around the size of Kai and Jay's EVO dragons)

1 hour ago, Flaming Bricks said:

I know people say that Ninjago won't last forever and that each season feels repetitive, but how long do you think Ninjago will last?

It will last as long as kids keep buying the sets. Ultimately that's the main factor, and one for which new seasons feeling "repetitive" is a minor issue at most (since new kids continuing to get into the theme makes a bigger difference overall than long-term fans sticking it out).

Just now, Lyichir said:

It will last as long as kids keep buying the sets. Ultimately that's the main factor, and one for which new seasons feeling "repetitive" is a minor issue at most (since new kids continuing to get into the theme makes a bigger difference overall than long-term fans sticking it out).

I just hope Ninjago continues to stay strong and has a good conclusion when it does end, unlike the ending Chima and Nexo Knights had.

I understand that those themes are different than Ninjago and that the Lego sets and the show didn't even compare to what Ninjago was doing at the time. Nowadays I'm a casual Ninjago fan and I've gotten some of the recent Legacy sets and sometimes I get sets based off the new seasons. I got some Seabound and Master of The Mountain sets last year, but I feel like Ninjago peaked during Sons of Garmadon, because the show was much darker and was less childish as it is today.

Those Ninjago core shorts about curiosity and balance were very cringy and are not what I like from Ninjago. Hopefully Season 16 blows it out of the park, because the only highlight from those shorts was hearing the new voice for Cole, which sounds really good! 

Ninjago will likely end when there's too little interest to justify more sets, we won't get the ending we want.

Core's writing is kinda questionable but it probably doesn't have the budget of a full season, and I've gotten the impression that the summer season has most of the year's budget and time while Core was to fill space and attract new people in the meantime. 

There is still 7 of the "Sixteen Realms" that have not been revealed yet, so there is a good amount of potential with those. I wonder if the "Crystal King" will reside in a new realm? From the leaks it sounds like he could be connected or even be another form of the Overlord.

I've just had a thought: what if the upper body of the Crystal King is the same as the other giant brick-built minifigures that we've seen in recent years. I still have no idea how the bottom body and legs could be built tho... :look:

31aba442a9ec218e81ff9bfea33801df.jpg 

3 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I've just had a thought: what if the upper body of the Crystal King is the same as the other giant brick-built minifigures that we've seen in recent years. I still have no idea how the bottom body and legs could be built tho... :look:

31aba442a9ec218e81ff9bfea33801df.jpg 

Who is the Crystal King, sorry I haven't been following that season yet. I like all of the brick built giant figures that we've gotten. 

I have Giant Ant-Man from Civil War, Aries from Wonder Woman, and I have Grawp from Harry Potter. I never did get the giant stone warrior from Ninjago Legacy, he looks really cool with those 4 arms. 

I've heard some rumors that Ninjago is bringing back older villains, I hope that means that we're not getting into another Day of The Departed situation. I think another brick built Ninjago villain character would be pretty cool, I want to see how Lego makes the Crystal King character into Lego form.

15 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Who is the Crystal King, sorry I haven't been following that season yet. I like all of the brick built giant figures that we've gotten. 

I have Giant Ant-Man from Civil War, Aries from Wonder Woman, and I have Grawp from Harry Potter. I never did get the giant stone warrior from Ninjago Legacy, he looks really cool with those 4 arms. 

I've heard some rumors that Ninjago is bringing back older villains, I hope that means that we're not getting into another Day of The Departed situation. I think another brick built Ninjago villain character would be pretty cool, I want to see how Lego makes the Crystal King character into Lego form.

Yeah the Crystal King is one of the larger sets of the next wave and has only been talked about in rumour lists so it's completely understandable you haven't heard of him :classic:. It seems like the storyline with these new crystal enemies in it is also going to feature the returning villains, which should hopefully make for some great minifigure line-ups! 

20 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I've just had a thought: what if the upper body of the Crystal King is the same as the other giant brick-built minifigures that we've seen in recent years. I still have no idea how the bottom body and legs could be built tho...

The Crystal King is apparently going to be a Centaur, so I imagine it'll be some sort of a cross between https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/lance-s-mecha-horse-70312

and https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/oni-titan-70658

It'd be cool if it can be displayed as a 2 armed biped, then uses the Evo gimmick to become a 2 or 4 armed quadroped with a long tail that can grab or hit minifigures