13 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What is EVO exactly? Is it short for Evolution??

Thats our best guess. Im praying it doesn't go down the city route, that theme has kinda taken a downfall in my opinion. Especially with the police force being defunded (literally). They still do some decent sets, but ninjago is my main priority and I would hate to see it fall from grace due to The LEGO Group trying to get more money. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

8 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Thats our best guess. Im praying it doesn't go down the city route, that theme has kinda taken a downfall in my opinion. Especially with the police force being defunded (literally). They still do some decent sets, but ninjago is my main priority and I would hate to see it fall from grace due to The LEGO Group trying to get more money. 

Evo might be a way for LEGO to shift some larger set size just to Seasons, instead of re-releasing large legacy sets and filling shelves with large sets only.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Evo might be a way for LEGO to shift some larger set size just to Seasons, instead of re-releasing large legacy sets and filling shelves with large sets only.

I hope so. As much as I love the large legacy sets, (the monastery, gardens and the bounty come to mind) I think it would be better to have the larger sets put towards the season. Only when they seem needed or important (such as those mentioned) I consider buying them. Honestly, im most excited by the zane mini mech and the massive temple set, they seem the most interesting.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What is EVO exactly? Is it short for Evolution??

One thing to note about EVO (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), but the term might not even be used in English since those names were all translated, I think from German. EVO is a specific term they came up with so I think it's more likely to stick than say (for example) the "Action" name for what ended up being the Nexo Knights Battle Suits, but it's not guaranteed to be in the name. 

So with the 2022 sets now being revealed in their entirety, I can’t help to wonder when the ninjago wave will be revealed. Everyday at 2pm London time I’m waiting, and hopefully today will be the day. TLG has only done small set waves so far, but hopefully the main reveals are city, friends and Ninjago. 3 themes, three days left of the working week, unless your in on Saturday like me. I hope we get some news today. Anyone know if theres a specific order to how sets are revealed by Lego, not just leaked? Maybe a way that we can predict what will be first. I have just remembered Harry Potter exists, and creator, so my theory may have a few holes in it already. 

8 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

So with the 2022 sets now being revealed in their entirety, I can’t help to wonder when the ninjago wave will be revealed. Everyday at 2pm London time I’m waiting, and hopefully today will be the day. TLG has only done small set waves so far, but hopefully the main reveals are city, friends and Ninjago. 3 themes, three days left of the working week, unless your in on Saturday like me. I hope we get some news today. Anyone know if theres a specific order to how sets are revealed by Lego, not just leaked? Maybe a way that we can predict what will be first. I have just remembered Harry Potter exists, and creator, so my theory may have a few holes in it already. 

I don't think there's a specific order, but the reason we've only seen a few sets for each theme is because they just have smaller waves for this January. We'll probably see all of Ninjago's winter 2022 sets whenever they get revealed since Ninjago typically releases in January for most countries. They've separated the winter waves the last year or two if I remember right, but since we don't have Legacy any more I don't think they'll do that again, meaning we should be seeing the new sets fairly soon.

Well, no news today, and we can't exactly think lego sticks to a schedule with this type of stuff. I guess im just being impatient at this point, but im really darn ready to see some new stuff!

Hopefully tomorrow brings more joy!

Here's the real juicy question: will we get Ninjago City expansion #4 in 2022?   I think we may see something that can be incorporated into the Ninjago City display from the Bricklink Designer Program, personally, but no mainline set.

Some of these Designer Program alumni have some excellent NC designs.

Edited by CopperTablet

1 hour ago, CopperTablet said:

Here's the real juicy question: will we get Ninjago City expansion #4 in 2022?   I think we may see something that can be incorporated into the Ninjago City display from the Bricklink Designer Program, personally, but no mainline set.

Some of these Designer Program alumni have some excellent NC designs.

I agree, however with the way the BLDP has been going lately, I’d be less than impressed. Some of the mocs are simply incredible, however I can barely afford biting the bullet on a regular NC expansion and have money left for other sets, and when you see the brick link program could add upwards of £100 to any model depending on the size, I just don’t think it would be in the price range, even if it was a Christmas or birthday gift that you pay for part of. But that’s just my opinion. Some of the sets are incredible but I’d love to have a mainline set. Another issue is the fact that a Ninjago city expansion would have to get 10000 votes and then be thrown away for it to be picked up by the BLDP and Lego ideas just doesn’t have many submissions for an expansion. There are some great ones, don’t get me wrong but they haven’t even come close to cracking the milestone. 

Yeah, I'm guessing the next NC expansion is going to come out in 2023, probably in January like the Gardens did. One D2C every other year seems to roughly be the pattern, and while I don't think it's inconceivable that they'd try something else, I don't really see why Lego wouldn't do another expansion when it still could work as a standalone set, and the others (especially the original and Gardens) were both wildly popular. 

So no news today, but saw a YouTube post from a YouTuber overlordX that said apparently set pics are coming this weekend. I can’t confirm where this is from or if it’s legit but it’s looking highly likely. It’s getting to be a lonnnngg week 

14 minutes ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Do you think Nya will return in water form next season? I heard she's going to be in one of the 2022 Ninjago sets, unless it ends up being a Legacy remake. I'm sad that Lego replaced Cole with a new voice actor now that Kirby Morrow sadly passed away. It would've been more respectful to remove the character of Cole from the show. If they replaced someone to play T'Challa that wasn't Chadwick I would be mad, but Marvel confirmed that they won't do that

There's a lot of reasons why those two situations aren't really comparable, but first and foremost the fact that Ninjago is a children's cartoon and toyline is reason enough not to unceremoniously kill off one of their main characters just because their voice actor passed away unexpectedly.

Similarly I don't expect Nya to be written out of the story either, since it'd be pretty shitty to eliminate the single female character in the main cast. Most likely she will return at least in some capacity, much like Zane did after his sacrifice in season 3.

Edited by Lyichir

I want Cole to go to the departed realm and reunite with his mother someday. That would be a touching ending for his character, just like Kirby, Cole needs to rest in peace. Lego just wants to make more money off of Cole and make more Cole spinners of whatever Ninjago makes these days for gimmicks. 

Also I don't hate Cole by any means, I just want a respective ending to his character. Cole is my second favorite ninjas on the show, obviously you can tell I'm a Kai fan by my profile pic, which Kai has been disappointing in recent seasons. I wonder how long Ninjago is going to last, it's already getting a little old don't you think? I heard that there is a leak for 2022 of Ninjago showing orange snakes, how many seasons of Ninjago need snakes? I would really hate to see Ninjago go down the drain like Chima and Nexo Knights, I still have some faith that the show can endure a bit longer. I wonder if Lego can make an original theme as big and top selling as Ninjago? I think the reason why Chima and Nexo Knights failed is because fans didn't want it to outperform Ninjago. I hate both Nexo Knights and Chima, but I hope next year that we can get seasons on the same level as season 4, season 8-9, and season 13. Those ones are my personal favs. The Island, Day of the Departed, and season 11 sucked, hopefully season 16 will reveal The Vengestone Buyer and introduce some of Ninjago's strongest villains. A villain really helps make a good and compelling story, I didn't intend to make an argument, but this is just a "hot take" 

Edited by Flaming Bricks

One of the largest reasons they had for recasting Cole was that English is only one of the 40+ languages that Ninjago airs in. Taking Cole out of the show wouldn't have made sense for fans outside of English-speaking countries.

18 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

So no news today, but saw a YouTube post from a YouTuber overlordX that said apparently set pics are coming this weekend. I can’t confirm where this is from or if it’s legit but it’s looking highly likely. It’s getting to be a lonnnngg week 

It’s kinda bs. They were revealed on November 20th last year and I made a post about something including that date and that guy decided to run with it as official 

14 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

I want Cole to go to the departed realm and reunite with his mother someday. That would be a touching ending for his character, just like Kirby, Cole needs to rest in peace. Lego just wants to make more money off of Cole and make more Cole spinners of whatever Ninjago makes these days for gimmicks. 

As sad as it is with the death of Kirby, there are also 40+ other actors that play Cole in different languages. Other people know different actors as their Cole. I think it was the ninjago teams decision to recast Cole not legos 

On 11/19/2021 at 8:19 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s kinda bs. They were revealed on November 20th last year and I made a post about something including that date and that guy decided to run with it as official

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that rumor since IIRC I don't think Lego typically reveals sets on weekends unless there's some sort of specific event that merits a reveal on that date.

I'm hoping for more set reveals next week, especially for themes like Ninjago and Monkie Kid.

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that rumor since IIRC I don't think Lego typically reveals sets on weekends unless there's some sort of specific event that merits a reveal on that date.

I'm hoping for more set reveals next week, especially for themes like Ninjago and Monkie Kid.

Here's the thing though: Lego has only revealed the licensed sets this early, that was the case this year, and it was last year as well. Meanwhile, Ninjago and other original themes were only added on to Lego.com at the beginning of December. The pics we got on November 20th last year were from another online retailer, and that will probably be the case this year as well. I expect to see them revealed next week as well, but not by Lego themselves. That also means we might need to wait more for Monkie Kid, since they would have to be posted on a Chinese retail page, since most other stores don't stock them, or wait for them to be added to Lego.com.

Now, as to why Lego reveals the licensed themes earlier, I suspect it has to do with the license holders wanting Lego to reveal them officially rather than them just showing up on some random website. Since Lego can't really control what websites do with perfectly legal images, they just beat them to the punch and upload them before anyone else has a chance to, so they can avoid issues with the IP holders. This is just pure speculation though, but given how strict Disney is with stuff like this, it wouldn't surprise me.

so, a picture just showed up on lego leaks. its a blurry picture of a snow covered temple, seems legit due to the way its packaged. Santa Garmadon is on the front and the temple actually looks pretty cool. may try and build it if the instructions come out. 

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

so, a picture just showed up on lego leaks. its a blurry picture of a snow covered temple, seems legit due to the way its packaged. Santa Garmadon is on the front and the temple actually looks pretty cool. may try and build it if the instructions come out. 

It’s the employee gift

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s the employee gift

Yep, and an incredible one at that! Damn I hope the instructions come out for that soon. whats the deal with employee gifts? Its obvious that not all employees get them, just because of the sheer number of people working for lego. is it like a raffle for each sub section or workforce group, like packaging handlers, customer services and security? bviously there's many more but thats just off the top of my head. Either way its a great set.