1 hour ago, thekoRngear said:

Wholeheartedly agree with that, but seems highly unlikely. My intuition says the parts count will exceed 4000 and the gearbox might even get more complicated (which jb70 will fix anyway :pir_laugh2: )

We'll see, last 3 UCS cars were out of my financial reach, so only cars I have are 8860, 8880 and 8448 (first and second are without box an instructions since those disappeared mysteriously)

3 hours ago, 1gor said:

Well 10 speed transmission has one known car (it was featured in 42126 set) https://www.phillongdenver.com/new-ford-raptor.htm

I don't know which hypercar has 10 speed transmission. They should go back to 4 or 5 speed fully manual (even not synchromesh)...this car now only brake down and even ordinary service is highly expensive (they need almost as much lubrication as fuel)

I'm pretty sure that's not the only vehicle with a ten-speed. I believe that may be the only 10-speed transmission in use, but it is seen in a number of Ford and GM longitudinal-drivetrain vehicles, including F-150s, Mustangs, and (I'm pretty confident) GM trucks, some Cadillacs, Camaros, and maybe large GM SUVs too.

As you say, though, there isn't really anything worthy of a 1:8 supercar set...

As for building challenge, I think the easiest way to build a Lego 10-speed gearbox is to build a 12-speed on a 3x4 working principle and then just ignore two of the gears!

I don't know this will work without motor but how about automatic transmission?

Like audi R8

Edited by msk6003

Automatic transmsission is totally doable with a motorized model, since PU can measure both current and RPM to determine the motor load and shift gears accordingly.

4 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Automatic transmsission is totally doable with a motorized model, since PU can measure both current and RPM to determine the motor load and shift gears accordingly.

Sounds weird for electric cars, however, it looks the best way to avoid the over-current (and thermal cut) for offroad models - if the current is too high (mean the car has stuck), then put the gear lower instead of disabling the motor.

4 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Yes. If TLG use C+ in 1:8 super car set.

We had rumours of the CAT D11 by Dec 14th. It seems rumour leaks are a little tighter this year?

36 minutes ago, allanp said:

We had rumours of the CAT D11 by Dec 14th. It seems rumour leaks are a little tighter this year?

Probably yes

In terms of what car it will be I have a few ideas:
Going with the VAG theme of the last 3 cars, an Audi R8 or some sort of Bentley would be the only options, and even then I dont think the R8 would hold up against the other 3 in terms of it being a sort of budget sports car.
Ferrari is definitely up there, and I think it has the highest likelihood as they haven't used red yet so it seems like that's the go. In terms of what car they would do, I would LOOOVEEE a Laferrari but I think they would definitely do something more recent like the SF90 Stradale or the 296 GTB.
Mclaren is also another option, maybe a Senna or a Speedtail.
Some other ideas could be a Koenigsegg with the new license after the speed champions set, will also probably be a Jesko.
IMO I really want them to do a red with old wheels Pagani Huayra as that car is so beautiful and I think in terms of functions, besides the lack luster gearbox ideas, the Huayra's opening features are mind blowing and would be so cool on a 1:8 supercar set. This also goes for the Koenigsegg set as they open like transformers as well.

On 12/30/2021 at 5:38 AM, 1gor said:

Well 10 speed transmission has one known car (it was featured in 42126 set) https://www.phillongdenver.com/new-ford-raptor.htm

I don't know which hypercar has 10 speed transmission. They should go back to 4 or 5 speed fully manual (even not synchromesh)...this car now only brake down and even ordinary service is highly expensive (they need almost as much lubrication as fuel)

Lots of Fords have the 10 speed gearbox, Mustang for example.

The real Sian only has 7 gears so I think even if its rumoured to have 10 speeds it won't reflect reality. Just a way to differentiate the new model and justify a price rise!

I saw new dark green Pin connector round 2L at set 76205.. 

Probably will appearing in coming technic sets? Any ideas guys??

Edited by Technicallism

2 hours ago, derekthetree said:

Just a way to differentiate the new model and justify a price rise!

Not sure if you are the main shopper of your household or not but if you have been to any store since Jan. 1, you will know they don't need a 10 speed transmission to justify a price hike, lol.

what do you guys think the price for 42130 will drop down to? is 150 € or below realistic? it is the first set in a while i'd like to buy, but currently it is either unavailable or too expensive...

7 minutes ago, ludi said:

what do you guys think the price for 42130 will drop down to? is 150 € or below realistic? it is the first set in a while i'd like to buy, but currently it is either unavailable or too expensive...

for now, I dont think so, I guess it will be retired at end of 2024, maybe then

Edited by Dami

There will be discounts at some point soemwhere. And 150 is pretty realistic. 

1 hour ago, ludi said:

It's a Lego exclusive for now, so don't expect to see any discounts until the general retail release in March. I did read that some BMW motorcycle dealerships will be getting it, so you may want to keep an eye on your local motorbike shops for any sales, as well as your usual Lego retailers.

8 hours ago, Technicallism said:

Probably will appearing in coming technic sets?

It is (already) used in the botanical line.
I cannot imagine a technic model that featured dark/earth green as colour element.
However, it may occur as internal building element as means of colour coding.

22 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

It's a Lego exclusive for now, so don't expect to see any discounts until the general retail release in March. I did read that some BMW motorcycle dealerships will be getting it, so you may want to keep an eye on your local motorbike shops for any sales, as well as your usual Lego retailers.

it has already been resold at a discounted price by a reputable shop for around 180 € here in Germany, but now that you mention it, I came across a number of shops mentioning the beginning of March..guess I'll just wait until then

2 hours ago, ludi said:

Typically they’ll eventually be selling at 30%-40% below RRP. The CAT bulldozer is not hard to find at €300. The Sian has been at €250 a few times and I recently bought one for €229. It’s just a matter of time.

I bought the Ferrari 488 42125 for £125 (rrp £170) in feb 2021 on Amazon, a month after its release.

So I'm hoping the same for 42130

Edited by R4ph

Do you think is more likely that we will have a Ferrari supercar set instead of a Formula 1 car one?

25 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

Possible that TLG will make this Formula 1 the first set with words printing on side of trye ?

8461 had printing on the tires.

1 hour ago, deehtha said:

8461 had printing on the tires.

Oh, didn't notice to such old set...

So possible to come back after stopped for so many years?