3 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

The Crane can be delayed until next year and yet can manage to boo us when released :tongue:.

True. If nothing else, it'll surely make for a good parts pack though.

I wonder if that means the return of the bundle packs? As pre-2013 it was the trend to release every year one

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

Could have been an opportunity to give them justice and update the tires :) 

I can only begin to imagine the manchildren booming on about how they've been scammed and should be given the new tyres for free if TLC decided to change them

19 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

Don't be so firmly confirmed about what Lego is going to do/not to do. Who knows maybe a secret [with proper/no rushed quality control] set is already in development.

I feel like it's a pretty reasonable claim.

- Liebherr gets delayed little over half a year before next year's 1H sets get released.

- Hey, let's begin developing a 1K piece replacement set that'll only be released at earliest the same time as next year's 1H sets.

I reeeaaaally don't think TLC will be adding another surprise set and risk saturating a lineup whose size they've already deemed is the most profitable.

5 hours ago, kbalage said:

Could have been an opportunity to give them justice and update the tires :) 

What does TLG say to suggestions of putting tractor tires on Monster Jam trucks?

Not today. :grin:

On 7/31/2022 at 2:20 PM, Bartybum said:

I feel like it's a pretty reasonable claim.

- Liebherr gets delayed little over half a year before next year's 1H sets get released.

- Hey, let's begin developing a 1K piece replacement set that'll only be released at earliest the same time as next year's 1H sets.

I reeeaaaally don't think TLC will be adding another surprise set and risk saturating a lineup whose size they've already deemed is the most profitable.

A secret/surprise set does not have to be connected to the Crane's delay :tongue: Maybe its development has started way before that. Besides, if the bold points to be assumed, I myself would not think of TLG doing a 1k piece "surprise" set after the fact that the Liebherr gets delayed. Anyway my understanding for such a set this year is the 42142 that can be released later point of this year [even if it is on 31st December here and 1st January there :head_back:]

Edited by thekoRngear

question for the group in the US.  I did a quick online search and it appears that sets are released in the US at midnight pacific time.  So, for the 1 AUG release, that would be 12 AM pacific time.   I want to make sure, the thread that I read was over year old.  

That means for me on the East coast I need to be up by like 3 for the Airbus H175 if I don't want to miss out.  Do folks think that it will be that popular that I need to make such extreme measures to purchase it day 1 of release?  I have been traveling now for quite some time and am really looking forward to staying put and working on improving this set....

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What does TLG say to suggestions of putting tractor tires on Monster Jam trucks?

Not today. :grin:

Yeah well, they surely make sense on City monster trucks but not on Technic ones ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So if the crane does come in 2023, will it be an additional flagship or will it replace the original 2023 flagship? Of course we don't know but it's fun to speculate!

7 minutes ago, allanp said:

So if the crane does come in 2023, will it be an additional flagship or will it replace the original 2023 flagship? Of course we don't know but it's fun to speculate!

Or automatically delay the upcoming ones

7 minutes ago, allanp said:

I have a feeling that it'll be next year's flagship given its alleged size and price point. Otherwise it might cannibalize a second flagship.

3 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

question for the group in the US.  I did a quick online search and it appears that sets are released in the US at midnight pacific time.  So, for the 1 AUG release, that would be 12 AM pacific time.   I want to make sure, the thread that I read was over year old.  

That means for me on the East coast I need to be up by like 3 for the Airbus H175 if I don't want to miss out.  Do folks think that it will be that popular that I need to make such extreme measures to purchase it day 1 of release?  I have been traveling now for quite some time and am really looking forward to staying put and working on improving this set....

I can’t think of any technic set aside from the super cars that has sold out that quickly.  Mcclaren f1? Maybe the tow truck? I would think you’ll be fine sleeping in at the very least. 

2 hours ago, KevinMD said:

I can’t think of any technic set aside from the super cars that has sold out that quickly.  Mcclaren f1? Maybe the tow truck? I would think you’ll be fine sleeping in at the very least. 

Okay...thxs.  I haven't bought and official set for a while..... let alone one on the release date.  So I really don't have a pulse for it anymore

Does anyone in Australia know when the Ferrari Daytona is going to hit the regular retailers?

I see the Optimus Prime set is available today but no sign of the Daytona or other Technic Aug 1 sets

Yup the price increases that were talked about a couple months ago are now in effect. The Ferrari has jumped $40 to $699 and the Lamborghini has jumped a whopping $130 to also be $699 :hmpf_bad:

Time to start thinking about retiring from this hobby... 

22 minutes ago, langko said:

Yup the price increases that were talked about a couple months ago are now in effect. The Ferrari has jumped $40 to $699 and the Lamborghini has jumped a whopping $130 to also be $699 :hmpf_bad:

If you think that's bad, look at the BMW :grin: So glad I ditched this hobby and moved to Gundam kits

10 hours ago, Bartybum said:

If you think that's bad, look at the BMW :grin: So glad I ditched this hobby and moved to Gundam kits

I presume you mean the bike? That jumped what, $60-70? I managed to pick that up for AU$230 at an EFOY sale. Good timing now that LEGO’s bumped it to $389 haha. 

13 hours ago, langko said:

Yeah dude, I'm waiting for the Daytona to hit Big W, still hasn't, and the price increase is nuts. I keep saying that people need to stop buying Lego, I feel these prices (Especially in Aus) are just way too ridiculous these days. I haven't bought a proper Lego set in a long time because I just cannot justify spending $600AUD for the new Lion Knight's Castle. I'm having to save up YEARS in advance for the 1:8 supercars, like for the Daytona for example.

The prices are up significantly with almost everything, not just Lego. While Lego isn't yet out of my reach completely, I too must be more choosy in what to buy than before, which is kinda bad timing as there are tons of new interesting sets around. (Airbus, Ferrari, Material handler, Galaxy explorer, Lion knights castle and so on...)

7 hours ago, OnyyX said:

Yeah dude, I'm waiting for the Daytona to hit Big W, still hasn't, and the price increase is nuts. I keep saying that people need to stop buying Lego, I feel these prices (Especially in Aus) are just way too ridiculous these days. I haven't bought a proper Lego set in a long time because I just cannot justify spending $600AUD for the new Lion Knight's Castle. I'm having to save up YEARS in advance for the 1:8 supercars, like for the Daytona for example.

Yeah I think it’ll take a while for it to hit the normal stores, and a while longer to get a decent deal on it. I pretty much stick to EOFY, Black Friday, Boxing Day, Amazon etc... sales, haven’t payed full price for a set in a long time and that’s defiantly not changing now haha. I’ll let you know if I see a good deal for the Daytona. 
All the price hikes do is push more people over to the dark side, and when those sets are like a third of the price I really don’t blame people for doing so. 

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

The prices are up significantly with almost everything, not just Lego. While Lego isn't yet out of my reach completely, I too must be more choosy in what to buy than before, which is kinda bad timing as there are tons of new interesting sets around. (Airbus, Ferrari, Material handler, Galaxy explorer, Lion knights castle and so on...)

This is true, and while I could admittedly afford the price hikes I hardly see them as value for money anymore (Even less so now than I already did). They could at least release sets without design errors and loads of instruction mistakes (looking at you Ferrari) and fix the terrible colour inconsistencies with parts (looking at you Lamborghini) to somewhat justify the $700 prices. I’ll stick to making my MOCs because the $ spent vs time/enjoyment you get out it is much much better value than buying and building sets.