29 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Those are 16T gears, as I can count some 7-8 tooth on side. So looks like recolor.

Well, I'm not so sure. Whatever this gear is, it can't be a simple recolor, because it seems to clearly have a circular lip right at the edge, rather than the + shaped ones that current 16T gears have. Based on that, it could be nothing but a new mold for the 16T gear, but I don't think they should be due for that already. As Zerobricks suggested, it could be a 16T variant that can slide on an axle, but from some angles it seriously looks like the gears are different sizes. I did a bunch of counting as well, and I'd agree that there are too many teeth for the near gear to be a 12T, but I think it would work nicely as the 14T gear of the 14T/18T gear combo that I'm really hoping this is.

EDIT:

Here's an image @R0Sch posted in the 42140 thread:

42140-gears2.jpg

It's got differently colored gears, which would likely indicate prototype parts in one of the pictures, and from this angle, especially the picture to the left, they really look like different sizes. Also, the different shades of blue would make sense to designate two different molds.

I guess we won't know anything for certain until reviews come out, but I'm pretty hopeful that there's some new gears here.

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

59 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Those are 16T gears, as I can count some 7-8 tooth on side. So looks like recolor.

You could be right, but the thing is: I can only count 6 on the outer ones and the inner gear seems way bigger as it nearly touches the upper liftarm. Could all well be optical displacement, though.

Maybe TLG messes with us and gives us uneven or prime-numbered gears for better wear and tear :D 

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Here's an image

This is different, there was picture with some red gears before, or I dind't saw these.

Blue looks like recolored 12T gear.

As if we didn’t have enough color vomit yet. I guess they got too many complaints about people messing up the 8t and 12t gears...

26 minutes ago, LvdH said:

As if we didn’t have enough color vomit yet. I guess they got too many complaints about people messing up the 8t and 12t gears...

Apparently a lot of people mistook the 12t gear for the 8z when building the gearbox of 42110. Casual builders when rushing a bit can easily make that mistake since the printed instruction shows the 8t gear a bit darker than what I personally think it should be.

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

It is an unfortunate color, but it can't just be a standard 12T recolored, because it doesn't have the beveling. Hopefully whatever it is will only be used occasionally, like the 20T clutch gears, leaving the nice black 12T gears being used the majority of the time.

It's sort of new gears seems to be non bevel versions of the 12 and 20 gears so for when you really need 1/4 stud spacing :laugh: and both in shades of blue.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:20 PM, Cardboy said:

It's sort of new gears seems to be non bevel versions of the 12 and 20 gears so for when you really need 1/4 stud spacing :laugh: and both in shades of blue.

There were many reports on issues with the 20 bevel gears. Maybe that's the reason why they introduced the spur version.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/173683-anyone-having-problems-with-tan-bevel-gear-in-recent-sets/

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

For some inscrutable reason the All-Terrain Vehicle isn't showing up in the 'Coming Soon' section on the Shop in the UK. Weird, as the other March sets do.

Maybe the C word is coming for it

Technic 2022 Summer News (Thanks to Promobricks)

42143 [Ferrari Daytona SP3] - 3776 Pieces, 399,99 

42144 [Waste Handler] - 835 Pieces - 99,99 

42145 Airbus H175 Rescue Helicopter - 2001 Pieces, 199,99

42146 [Liebherr LR 13000] - 2882 Pieces, 449,99

These may not all be the official names (the ones in brackets, specifically). Prices in euros.

Promobricks thinks that 42146 will be delayed to next year. If this true, I hope this set will be replaced by something. Only 3 or even 2 sets if supercar is delayed, isnt enough for summer wave

The Ferrari has directional designed wheels, like specific ones for left and right side. If Lego does it proper, they have to do at least 2 molds for wheels!

According to promobricks the Liebherr crane will have 6 motors and two smarthubs and new large pieces for the boom. This explains the high price with the relatively low piece count.

Also, the helicopter sounds really interesting! My reading of the article suggests that it would have a two-speed gearbox(? not realistic, but that's what it sounds like), and both collective and cyclical pitch elevation, using new parts. What do you folks make of this? 

Quote:

The main and tail rotors can be rotated at two different speeds, the main rotor also consists of 5 rotor blades. These can even be adjusted in inclination, which in reality causes the helicopter to climb or sink.

There are control sticks on both sides of the cockpit interior, which can actually be used to adjust the inclination of the main rotor in order to simulate flight forwards, backwards, left or right. A few new parts are said to have been designed for this.

44 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Also, the helicopter sounds really interesting! My reading of the article suggests that it would have a two-speed gearbox(? not realistic, but that's what it sounds like), and both collective and cyclical pitch elevation, using new parts. What do you folks make of this? 

Quote:

The main and tail rotors can be rotated at two different speeds, the main rotor also consists of 5 rotor blades. These can even be adjusted in inclination, which in reality causes the helicopter to climb or sink.

There are control sticks on both sides of the cockpit interior, which can actually be used to adjust the inclination of the main rotor in order to simulate flight forwards, backwards, left or right. A few new parts are said to have been designed for this.

Maybe they mean that the main and tail rotors rotate at different speeds (tail rotors faster), as both real helicopters and previous Technic helicopters do. Obviously a rotor rotating at variable speeds would be unrealistic for most helicopters.

Excited about the prospect of collective and cyclic pitch control :excited:.

42 minutes ago, Kaanere said:

Maybe they mean that the main and tail rotors rotate at different speeds (tail rotors faster), as both real helicopters and previous Technic helicopters do. Obviously a rotor rotating at variable speeds would be unrealistic for most helicopters.

Excited about the prospect of collective and cyclic pitch control :excited:.

That is how I read it to mean also.

1 hour ago, Kaanere said:

Yeah, that makes sense. The wording is a little odd--not what I'd use to convey that message, but that's probably just in the translation to English on Promobricks. (I'm pretty sure it was translated!)

Now that the information of all sets of 1H are available, we will enter a period of information drought that lasts around 4 months. Hence, the titles of the threads for 2H sets have been updated according to traditions :grin: