This list sounds amazing. Even the non supercar sets sound intriguing to me, as a supercar fan.

42145 seems to be best set of this wave

42144 is very overpriced. For nearly same price I can get 42128 which have 1200 pieces more, more functions and will probably look better.
42146 will also be overpriced I think. I know, it will be very big set and it will have probably a lot of electronics but I think it would't have more than 7 motors like Liebherr, which is cheaper because it cost 450 dollars, not 600.
42143 will be good I think, but it probably wont have any innovations, maybe door advanced mechanism but nothing more,

so im only waiting for 42145.

7 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Got that right. It might have C+ or the dumb battery box, though.

I dont think so. Its already 3 C+ sets in a Year. Lets look how many we get in every year from 2019

2 sets

3 sets
42113 (Okay, it got cancelled but still)

3 sets

2022 (For Now)
3 sets

4 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

$599.99 for 2886 pieces? Can that possibly be accurate? 

Guess it depends on how much C+ is integrated since it usually (if not always) drives the price skyward.

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Guess it depends on how much C+ is integrated since it usually (if not always) drives the price skyward.

Unless it uses 2 hubs and 7 motors like the 42100, 600$ is pure madness. And I suspect it won't, because 42042 only have 4 functions: two winches, slewing, and driving through linked tracks. If the tracks can move independently it will have 5 functions, or maybe 6.

What could functions be?

2 motors for drive, one for turntable, one for raising boom, one for folding boom and one for cable control...or there will be gearbox with 2 groups of 3 functions:

- one group driving, steering and turntable function 

- second group for boom raising, folding and cable 

14 minutes ago, 1gor said:

What could functions be?

2 motors for drive, one for turntable, one for raising boom, one for folding boom and one for cable control...or there will be gearbox with 2 groups of 3 functions:

That would make some sense on the price. Would likely have a ton of large beams too and be at least 3ft tall. 

7 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

That would make some sense on the price. Would likely have a ton of large beams too and be at least 3ft tall. 

Perhaps rare yellow color frames?

These four rumored sets do seem to follow the pattern from 2020: One 1:8 supercar, one construction flagship, one large aviation model (It's worth considering the Osprey in this pattern), and one smaller construction set. It all sounds pretty good to me, which gives the rumor slightly less credibility as it approaches wishful thinking, but nonetheless these things tend to be pretty accurate. So, I'm happy!

2 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

It is also mentioned in the article that the waste handler set includes two pneumatic cylinders in GREY colour 

Well overdue if you ask me! Sometimes the yellow can really clash with certain colour schemes.

I guess it's possible they're introducing a new size cylinder. The old school medium cylinder hasn't been done as V2 variant for example. For $140 with 835 pieces I suspect this will have a decent amount of pneumatic parts, maybe more than 42128.

3 hours ago, 1gor said:

What could functions be?

It depends on the configuration,  if it has a Derrick for superlift and a luffing fly then it will need 4 winches. 

3 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

It depends on the configuration,  if it has a Derrick for superlift and a luffing fly then it will need 4 winches. 

These winches could be hard-syncronized... 

12 hours ago, Dami said:

42145 - Airbus H175 Rescue Helicopter/2001 pieces/$199.99

42146 - Liebherr LR13000/2886 Pieces/$599.99 

Yikes on 42146!  And this from somebody actually considering picking up the Titanic set  (if it’s ever in stock again). C+ just doesn’t do it for me, I have no interest whatsoever. I was very interested in the Osprey with the “dumb” battery box, hope 42145 may have something similar (I’m a sucker for aviation Technic!). 

15 hours ago, Dami said:

Promobricks published updated version of newest leak. And it seems to be very pricey wave

42143 - Ferrari Ultimate Supercar/3776 pieces/$399.99

42144 - Waste Handler/835 pieces/$139.99

42145 - Airbus H175 Rescue Helicopter/2001 pieces/$199.99

42146 - Liebherr LR13000/2886 Pieces/$599.99 

42144 will have a Pneumatics

42145 will be in yellow and red color scheme, and it will have C+ Battery Box from Ospreay. It may be similar to 9396 set, but with more paneling.

I am really excited with this list. I hope it all will became real.

The only problem are the prices.

We are experiencing a great prices rising, even in the second hand market.

Hard to find deals on technic sets...

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Bit sad that there's no sizeable Volvo set this year.

Let Volvo have some rest 😛 and hope it'd strike back as a proper (or spiritual) successor to the A60H Volvo truck in the next year(s). I seriously think that automatic transmission that Lego introduced in that set needs a sequel.

This wave seems to be all about rehashing something new. Not that this is really unexpected or that I would mind, but it makes some of the wishes and speculations we get prior to the leaks, about things Lego hasn't done yet and should do, sound absurd.

I personally like the not completely enclosed look of 9396 and a slightly larger version with definitely more panels will not attract me. And I don't need Control+. Maybe I would have made an exception for the Osprey, but that did not happen for other reasons.

The only set from the second wave that might interest me is the waste handler, but I'm really unsure what to expect here. It all sounds just like 42053, but with only 71% of the part count this must be so much smaller, because obviously the trend with Lego is that they need more and more pieces each time for the same set, because they add more panels and small parts for small details. But the price tag does not really match, and to think that 42053 was even a licensed set... Therefore I wonder what kind of surprise there might still be. I hope it's not just about a different color of pneumatics.

Right now it looks like the most interesting set for the complete year 2022 will probably be the All-terrain Vehicle, which is a new type of vehicle, packed with different functions at a perfect, not bloated scale.42139

@Gumalca yeah many of our (certainly my own) wishes may sound absurd, but a huge bucket wheel excavator, or a 7 motor 2 hub excavator would have sounded absurd before they happened. One of my wishes was the planetary reduction hubs, that was absurd before it happened. Keep wishing for the absurd my friend, that's how you know you're wishing for something better!

1 hour ago, allanp said:

@Gumalca yeah many of our (certainly my own) wishes may sound absurd, but a huge bucket wheel excavator, or a 7 motor 2 hub excavator would have sounded absurd before they happened. One of my wishes was the planetary reduction hubs, that was absurd before it happened. Keep wishing for the absurd my friend, that's how you know you're wishing for something better!

Hear hear! :thumbup:

On 1/22/2022 at 2:35 AM, LvdH said:

I guess it's possible they're introducing a new size cylinder. The old school medium cylinder hasn't been done as V2 variant for example. For $140 with 835 pieces I suspect this will have a decent amount of pneumatic parts, maybe more than 42128.

You judge it in too simple way.

Cost of the set may not just about the parts, you have to factor in the license-paid.

This Waste Handler still can be a licensed set. For example, Volvo EW240E.