I have said it in another topic but blue is a great candidate as well.

• Blue 11L soft axle in the McLaren
  • Blue #5 and #6 panel in the McLaren 
  • Blue 3 x 11 panel in the Ferrari and recent tow truck
  • Blue connector 27940 in the McLaren
  • Blue 2x3 panel in the McLaren

And now the upcoming 42139 Control+ set (March) also seems to be blue, which would bring panel #3 and #4.  

That's a lot of new blue parts recently after several years of basically nothing. But, it is very similar to the Bugatti Chiron so maybe that won't be it (it will probably retire very soon though). 

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

I think the supercar will be white, not teal, since teal is a bit too close to the Sian's lime and from what I've seen TLG is trying to have the supercars in as unique and as different colors as possible.

I would be suprised to see a white supercar. These sets have to have flashy colors, jumping off the shelf and screaming at you - FORGET THE PRICE TAG, BUY ME!! 

Fingers crossed for a purple one :grin:

I know we are all very excited, but this is turning into a speculation topic. We do have a separate topic for that.

In this topic, let's try to focus on the tangible information at hand.

Speaking of tangible information, is that the new "Lemon" colour on the ripsaw? The one that debuted in Monkie Kid sets?

On 12/13/2021 at 8:48 AM, kbalage said:

The E-Tron GTR is rumored to be the electric successor of the R8, although there are no real news about it since 2019. An electric car would give the designers a chance to come up with something new from a Technic feature perspective, replicating the whole internal mechanism of the Sián once again with a different shell would be pretty boring. 

I think, the only thing, what we have not seen yet in the technic super car lineup (in official lego set) is a proper convertible soft top with textil on it. It would be the only thing, what's from combustion engine area not made yet. Yes, we had the 8448, but that was only the sturcture of the mechanism. I agree a new modell with an another fake engine and an another transmission with some new paneling is no more a technical highligt. That was enough in 2018, but I think it's not more in 2022, the automotive industry is now on emobility.
Or maybe TLG suspension system or brake system can have some opportunity to evolve. Maybe we get a bus/truck with air suspension. Who knows? :wink:

12 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Speaking of tangible information, is that the new "Lemon" colour on the ripsaw? The one that debuted in Monkie Kid sets?

The stripes on 42140 look like they might be that color. I'm not sure it'll ever work as the dominant color of a Technic vehicle but it seems like it makes a good accent.

On 12/11/2021 at 8:27 PM, AVCampos said:

Most likely, a spring-loaded bistable mechanism, a fancier version of what we have on light switches.

In the picture it has a yellow shock on the side for that.

I don't think it needs any shock absorbers. Just a free floating body which is pushed up by the wheels on top of it.

8 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I don't think it needs any shock absorbers. Just a free floating body which is pushed up by the wheels on top of it.

This is how it looks to me too, just a simple hinge, pivot point, pushed up by the force on the little wheel on the bottom. No smoke and mirrors here, no fancy mechanism

I think that's entirely possible, although having a small wheel constantly dragging on the floor (especially when the vehicle turns) is an ugly, ugly solution. The spring-loaded mechanism would allow some ground clearance.

I managed to grab a copy of the 2022 catalogue, so besides the 3 sets we've seen previously you can take a look at the John Deere 9620R:

Is that just some weird reflection off  a decal on the front, or does that piece actually have a grill cut into it, I swear I see the tire through the grill. Highly unlikely but I would certainly welcome such a piece.

Edited by Johnny1360

The little John Deere looks great, think my phase 1 will be limited to the BMW bike, but that’s more down to trying to not buy too many sets these days and just buy parts for building MOCs

No trucks or construction machines in this first half (ok there is a small telehandler...), and very few functions, most of them activated by levers. Not a single linear actuator used in all these sets. So there must be something for my tastes in the 2h sets :moar:

One of new city mobilecrean set has small linear actuator. This is the first set which has linear actuator and not technic theme.

This wave is still okay. Chopper, Telehandler, John Deere and ATV is must buys for me. 42130 is good set, but not my budget. 42137 and 42138 is definetly overpriced. 42134 and 42135 is okay sets, but not interested in them. 42140 seems to be cool, But not gonna buy it, Im not interested in $130 C+ sets. 

On 12/16/2021 at 12:52 PM, mpj said:

No trucks or construction machines in this first half (ok there is a small telehandler...), and very few functions, most of them activated by levers. Not a single linear actuator used in all these sets. So there must be something for my tastes in the 2h sets :moar:

Worse year ever (i bet next year gonna be even worse) with a licensed john deere with basically no functions, a mini telehandler, and a micro wheel loader in a polybag(?!) - all of these with only 1 function each.

2H better be good but dont count on it... we probably just gonna get some more supercars