1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Interesting challenge! I kind of want to try in Stud.io. Could you clarify the "rules," though? Does every single part need a unique color, such that a 100-piece set would need 100 different colors, or does just every different mold have to have a unique color, so that all doubles of a given part can be the same color?

I think one mold per colour is hard enough. Especially if your interpretation of 'technic' includes gears.

20 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

I think one mold per colour is hard enough. Especially if your interpretation of 'technic' includes gears.

Yeah, I agree. It'll definitely have to be a small set!

Has anyone already speculated? that there could be some Audi R8, as those panels used for porsche formula, could be really usefull for audi R8 on sides.

I really doubt they’ll do an R8. To be completely honest, it’s a boring supercar. Compare that to the Bugatti Chiron and Lamborghini Sian, one of the fastest production cars of all time and one of the craziest Lamborghinis ever. If they want to release something to top the Lamborghini, they either have to choose a non VAG car (Koenigsegg, Pagani, McLaren, Ferrari, Corvette etc), or something within VAG that has not yet been revealed. 

Anyway, toy fairs should start around the end of January, in fact LEGO will be attending the London Toy Fair. That’s where we usually get the first 2H info. 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-is-back-at-the-london-toy-fair-in-2022/

39 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Anyway, toy fairs should start around the end of January, in fact LEGO will be attending the London Toy Fair. That’s where we usually get the first 2H info. 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-is-back-at-the-london-toy-fair-in-2022/

I'm not holding my breath. I think the 42056 Porsche was the last time we got any news from the toy fairs. Was that 3 year ago now?

27 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

I'm not holding my breath. I think the 42056 Porsche was the last time we got any news from the toy fairs. Was that 3 year ago now?

42056 is 5 years old. 

44 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

The Lamborghini collaboration was announced at the Nuremberg toy fair last year without specifying the model, and the Bugatti Chiron was also teased at the same toy fair in 2018 so it's pretty fair to expect at least the brand to be revealed in the beginning of February. 

16 hours ago, Jurss said:

Has anyone already speculated? that there could be some Audi R8, as those panels used for porsche formula, could be really usefull for audi R8 on sides.

On 9/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, msk6003 said:

My pick is Audi R8 Green Hell edition with dark turquoise color. Currently all 3 1:8 supercar set's company is subsidiary of volkswagen. and only last company is audi.(they has Bently also but it is not supercar-related company.)

And TLG suddenly started made lot of dark turquoise colored technic beam, connector, panel and thay already made dark turquoise colored part in past.

And as a precedent for Porsche and Bugatti, the color was used in large quantities one to two years before its launch.(Sian is not applicable, but unlike orange and azure colors, lime colors have been used steadily.)

And lastly, that 'Green Hell edition' is perfect for dark turquoise.

I already think about R8 supercar.

If want see more earlier post, see this. I did not pick Audi r8 exactly but I mentioned it here.

Edited by msk6003

I am interested what color the new supercar will be. I doubt Lego will re-use orange, azure, dark blue or lime for the new supercar. I also belive the color will not be the same as used in the smaller white porsche or the red Ferrari. I also think it will not be black, because you lose the black (carbon) details.

My best guess is that the new 1:8 scale car will be in one of the following colors: Gray or dark grey, purple, magenta, teal (though it's close to lime), maybe yellow (though it's close to orange and usually reserved for construction machines), or even pink!

Edited by Zerobricks

Just now, Zerobricks said:

I am interested what color the new supercar will be. I doubt Lego will re-use orange, azure, dark blue or lime for the new supercar. I also belive the color will not be the same as used in the smaller white porsche or the Red Ferrari. I also think it will not be black, because you lose the black (carbon) details.

My best guess is that the new 1:8 scale car will be in one of the following colors: Gray or dark grey, purple, magenta, teal (though it's close to lime), maybe yellow (though it's close to orange and usually reserved for construction machines), or even pink!

Maybe medium blue with orange (as in classic Gulf colour)? There are a ton of new medium blue parts in the shark monster jam...

There has been a return of classic blue. Blue 3x11 panel in the Ferrari and a few new panels and soft axles in the McLaren Senna. But in my opinion a yellow car would be perfect. I don’t think there has ever been a large scale car in yellow.

3 minutes ago, karmadrome said:

The R8 has already been built to perfection by Artemy Zotov. No need for an official set, which most definitely would be inferior to Artemy's:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-4463/Artemy Zotov/audi-r8-v10-110/#details

With all due respect to Artemy Zotov, there is a lot of room for improvement in that model. For example, a gearbox is missing, the body clearly aged, and the drivetrain is flawed due to one axle being geared differently than the other. 

Also, there have been several great Porsches before LEGO released theirs (Crowkillers comes to mind), and a couple Bugatti Chiron MOCs as well. 

On 12/3/2021 at 8:11 PM, 2GodBDGlory said:

Could you clarify the "rules," though?

Do excessive colour coding: Purpose: To recognize the used parts within (inside) a model without having to guess.

You could break that down to:

- One palette for pins (black, grey, red, dark grey, tan, blue)

- One coulor set for axles (black, red, grey, yellow, white, green, dark grey (brown, tan), green)

- One for connectors

- One for beams

The first three sets pose constraints one the use of colours within the other ones.
But then again: spend more time building than thinking about next colour or searching for it...

Interesting, when there will be instructions for combining that porsche and ford? :pir-grin:

Fordsche? I don't think TLG will dare to officially build such an abomination made of licenses sets. Only for some fun purposes like "hey, previously we pulled the Volvo dumpster, now let's run 4-motors powered pull-back". Hmm.. Just one more second of humor - does it should be crazy to build something really huge with a hundred of pullback motors with these launch levers to run all of them at once?

3 hours ago, Jurss said:

Interesting, when there will be instructions for combining that porsche and ford? :pir-grin:

Some kind of electronic hot road which has porsche E's front and mustang's rear?

8 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Or an upscaled version of the 42090/42091 combo model... :snicker:

:pir-sick:

23 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Or an upscaled version of the 42090/42091 combo model... :snicker:

I still don't know what vehicle is that.

3 hours ago, Void_S said:

Fordsche? I don't think TLG will dare to officially build such an abomination made of licenses sets. Only for some fun purposes like "hey, previously we pulled the Volvo dumpster, now let's run 4-motors powered pull-back". Hmm.. Just one more second of humor - does it should be crazy to build something really huge with a hundred of pullback motors with these launch levers to run all of them at once?

Lol, winding them all up could be problematic. Think I will try it with what I have, maybe ten motors, should be funny.

I am sure these sets will sell well but not for me, I have more pullbacks than I will ever need.

Edited by Johnny1360

43 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Lol, winding them all up could be problematic. Think I will try it with what I have, maybe ten motors, should be funny.

I am sure these sets will sell well but not for me, I have more pullbacks than I will ever need.

Would be hilarious if you could break the Lego speed record using only pull back motors! Who wants to try it?

So, a plan for the next Technic Challenge is ready? Honestly, I would love to see something like that, maybe with some gears ratio experiments. 

The motorbike is yet to be seen but other than that it seems to be a really bad wave as far as sets are concerned, but a very nice wave as far as the new parts are concerned. Many useful recolours, and the new panel parts mean a shopping trip to B&P.

As for the parts and motobike, I belive (abd hope) to see these new panels, combine with old ones in the plastic "schell" of coming UCS(?) Motorcycle.