What idiot added Pull Back to Mustang. Whyyyy? It should have Steering, Fake Piston Engine and Diffential.

Probably it went well with focus groups. But won't it be too big and heavy for any decent performance? Unless it uses two pullback motors.

When we got the list, I was happy about Mustang. I thought it will be great 42093 remodel. But for me, they killed this set by adding pullback there.

I would also like to see steering and a drivetrain on the Mustang, but the bodywork looks pretty good for this scale. Also the "launch level" is kindof neat.

Edited by Thirdwigg

1 minute ago, Thirdwigg said:

I would also like to see steering and a drivetrain on the Mustang, but the bodywork looks pretty good for this scale. 

Design is very good. Very accurate on this scale. But without drivetrain and steering, its bad. Pullback on Porsche would work since its electric car. But on Mustang, which is normal car it wouldn't. 

32 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Probably it went well with focus groups.

Exactly my thoughts :hmpf_bad:

I hope this is not it for January 2022. The flagship would be the Batmobile, I guess, which already released a few weeks ago in parts of the world. We’re still missing pics of the John Deere, unless it’s cancelled for whatever reason. 

Also: Exactly a week from now we should get Sariel’s review for the 42130 BMW bike. I hope that’s also a January 2022 set, unlike what’s written in the main post. That would seem like a proper flagship to me.

6 minutes ago, LvdH said:

The flagship would be the Batmobile

It's rather the 42130 you mentioned, but with now 4 waves (or more? I lost count), it's hard to point out a flagship, at least for the first halfyear.

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

a Disney Cinderella carriage made of Technic parts with a pullback motor?

Shhh don't give TLG ideas...

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

Probably it went well with focus groups.

TLG should really find new focus group members... I'm sure we'd have a lot of volunteers here :laugh:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but besides the new panels on the Porsche, the 42132 Chopper seems to have a new part, too: A curved 2x5 Liftarm:

https://www.stonewars.de/wp-content/uploads/2029/11/lego-42132-chopper-3.jpg

edit: apparently, @mpj alread noticed on page 17. Should've read the whole thread beforehand.

Edited by karmadrome

6 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

Do you know why the Formula E and the Ford Mustang boxes show that there is something to press to make the car move?

Probably something with a ratcheting mechanism. You pull it back, it doesn't move until you release the catch. On the Porsche the mechanism seems more exposed. The red liftarm at the back must be pushed down and the car will go. 

24 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Probably something with a ratcheting mechanism. You pull it back, it doesn't move until you release the catch. On the Porsche the mechanism seems more exposed. The red liftarm at the back must be pushed down and the car will go. 

:thumbup: 

3 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I see the Racers theme has been announced. I wonder when the new Technic sets will be disclosed.

+1

42138 & 42137   have been listed on the Lego website and will be the same price in the UK as the McLaren  with a smiler dimensions so disappointing that the only function is a pull-back motor still should be some room for a nice mod.

Also just noticed on the Porsche 360 view you can see the pull back motor on each side so it should have a bit more power.

Edited by Cardboy

" A coolway to play – The pull-back function combines with the LEGO® Technic™ AR app. After scanning the car in the app, pull it back by hand then use your foot to launch the car and watch the result"

I wonder how bad this will be I wondered why they had a kid holding a mobile phone :laugh_hard:

Mustang and Porsche, if they cost $50 its a bit overpriced. $40 would be better since only functionality of this sets is pullback motor.

Edited by Dami

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Probably it went well with focus groups. But won't it be too big and heavy for any decent performance? Unless it uses two pullback motors.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are two pullback motors. The Porsche appears to, at least.

As for the focus groups, I expect you're right. The two main audiences for a set like this are kids looking for a play model (where pullbacks are great) and adults looking for a display model (where a lack of real functionality isn't missed, though displaying a model with the wheels steered is nice.) The only audience that really loses out here are those who want their Technic sets to reflect real-world engineering, regardless of the looks or play value, but those seem to be the minority...

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Shhh don't give TLG ideas...

Do not want to start unwanted discussion but one of competitor brands makes nearly all Technic sets with pullback motors. Imagine a construction crane truck, or excauator, or something else even less relevant - all with pullback feature.

I want to belive, it is not a common-global trend...

I think we can expect the new panels and the panel extensions to appear in more colors in the upcoming supercar.

Edited by Zerobricks

2 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I think we can expect the new panels and the panel extensions to appear in more colors the upcoming supercar.

Agreed.  And I don't care much for any of these sets but as a positive I am very happy with the new elements, and newerish elements but in new colors.  All for Technic branching out its element palette....

"A cool way to play – The pull-back function combines with the LEGO® Technic™ AR app. After scanning the car in the app, pull it back by hand then use your foot to launch the car and watch the result"

At that point, why don't they just release a digital model? If they're wanting you to look at the digital one, why buy the physical one?

Also I'm really mad about pull-back. I would have loved to see these models with engines and steering :hmpf_bad: :thumbdown:

Edited by Snazzy Bricks

2 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

newerish elements but in new colors.  All for Technic branching out its element palette....

Yes, and preferably in basic colours (grey, red, yellow, blue, black, etc.) before the more "exotic" ones (purple, azure, etc.).

11 minutes ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

At that point, why don't they just release a digital model? If they're wanting you to look at the digital one, why buy the physical one?

Thssss, they may listen and then will release paid Control+ application with no necessity to use any hubs...