58 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

El Toro Loco is also a well-known Monster Jam truck. Just sayin'... :classic:

TLG just started with "more conventional" trucks to check the market reaction and now goes with more more specific sets.

Personally, I'm not a fan of these animal-shaped trucks (they still remind me more Rio samba platforms rather heavy trucks which were the origin of first monster trucks) but I see the El Toro as amazing orange parts donor and Megal as a nice shark I can cut off from the wheels and use somewhere else :pir-grin:

5 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I wonder what the B-models for the Monster Jam trucks are gonna be?

Grohl has been turning Technic sets into animals for a while, so I think he can lend some help in turning animals into Technic sets  :grin:

Other stuff I've noticed:

Neither truck seems to have a flag on the back, and the teeth on Megalodon look harder to line up than the spikes on Max-D. Also, the arches on El Toro Loco look to be decorated with flames as on the real truck - I'm not sure if they're stickers, or prints like on the McLaren.

It’s been quite awhile we getting set with 62.4 tyre, since 42079 at 2018.

62.4 tyre was my top favorite. Hopefully come back on 2022…

52 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

As you can see here not all seta are technic sets containing this tire. Since there is new "wave" of movie based licensed sets we could think that 62.4 tire could reaper in such set; as new steering wheel appeared in ghost busters car...and then in Ford and in new batmobile...

5 hours ago, 1gor said:

As you can see here not all seta are technic sets containing this tire. Since there is new "wave" of movie based licensed sets we could think that 62.4 tire could reaper in such set; as new steering wheel appeared in ghost busters car...and then in Ford and in new batmobile...

I like most of technic set that using 62.4 tyre… This tyre just look perfectly well for truck in flagship scale… perhaps we may see 1 in 2HY wave…

1 hour ago, Technicallism said:

I like most of technic set that using 62.4 tyre… This tyre just look perfectly well for truck in flagship scale… perhaps we may see 1 in 2HY wave…

Agree, it is probably most realistic tire/wheel combination of them all. Sure I like tractor tires (as mainly tractor builder) but still missing 68 and 94 tractor tires to make use of most parts that I have in my inventory... At least if TLC rereleases tractor with trailer (like Lego set 8063) it would be very nice.

3 hours ago, Technicallism said:

I would count on it that these wheels are being phased out.

The rim does not fit any other tyre, and the tyre does not fit any other rim, at least not officially, as far as I know. And over recent years, wheels and tyres have been moving towards a system with shared rims, to increase inter-usability of all those rim colors. (which I consider a good thing).

The new wheels from the recent large Creator batmobile are probably replacing them - these fit on the existing current rims - but there hasn't been a good opportunity in Technic yet to use them (apparently).

2 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

The new wheels from the recent large Creator batmobile are probably replacing them - these fit on the existing current rims - but there hasn't been a good opportunity in Technic yet to use them (apparently).

Truck with those tires will be huge (21studs to maintain proportions), or smaller (eventually crane) trucks with 2 or 3 axles mainly manual will be of interest.

14 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I would count on it that these wheels are being phased out.

The rim does not fit any other tyre, and the tyre does not fit any other rim, at least not officially, as far as I know. And over recent years, wheels and tyres have been moving towards a system with shared rims, to increase inter-usability of all those rim colors. (which I consider a good thing).

Yeah, that logic checks out. I'm actually surprised they've stayed in production this long. That said, the last set to use them was in 2018, so they may have been retired already.

9 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Truck with those tires will be huge (21studs to maintain proportions), or smaller (eventually crane) trucks with 2 or 3 axles mainly manual will be of interest.

Models such as trucks and cranes seem to use the "universal" road tyre now.

Edited by Maaboo35

11 hours ago, Technicallism said:

I wrote about it here

Both the wheel and tire are listed as out of stock from Bricks and Pieces--this could very well be permanent.

3 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Yes, last couple of years we notice that...

Makes for a more manageable scale, I guess.

Also, I suppose @Erik Leppen's point about the "retyrement" is why TLG didn't bother doing the rims in any colour other than LBG in recent years. Too expensive for a part in the process of being scrapped.

Anyhoo - 2022 sets! El Toro Loco is my current favourite.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Makes for a more manageable scale, I guess.

Also, I suppose @Erik Leppen's point about the "retyrement" is why TLG didn't bother doing the rims in any colour other than LBG in recent years. Too expensive for a part in the process of being scrapped.

Anyhoo - 2022 sets! El Toro Loco is my current favourite.

I'm awaiting to see Mustang and specially Deere 9x (if it will be (most likely with Jeep tires)), but still curious what will be 42139 (with 764 pieces)...

(I hope that vegetarians are not reading; but El Toro associates me with either Lamborghini or with lunch...)

Besides I have only bag full of balloon tires.

Some pics are already floating on the "Gram" ;)

EDIT: oops, missed some posts that these were already seen :wacko:

Edited by Stephan

4 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Some pics are already floating on the "Gram" ;)

Are they new photos, or are they photos of the Monster Jam, Porsche, and Mustang Shelby? If it's the latter, then they have been around for a week already.

16 hours ago, 1gor said:

Yes, last couple of years we notice that...

17 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Yeah, that logic checks out. I'm actually surprised they've stayed in production this long. That said, the last set to use them was in 2018, so they may have been retired already.

Models such as trucks and cranes seem to use the "universal" road tyre now.

but this 49.53 tyre cannot make truck with flagship scale…. For instance, truck like the 42043, 8285, 8258…..

I always have a thought, since Scania are belongs to VW group, we may have chance to see a complicated flagship Scania truck future….

2 hours ago, 1gor said:

Well @Technicallism it would nice to have Scania as flagship - tow truck?

I dont think that we would get a bigger scale Tow Truck in near future since we got 42128 this year.

10 minutes ago, Dami said:

I dont think that we would get a bigger scale Tow Truck in near future since we got 42128 this year.

I understand, 42128 could be a template for motorized flagship...but I think this is no place for speculations; we have future vishes...topic for that... let's see what future brings

18 hours ago, 1gor said:

Well @Technicallism it would nice to have Scania as flagship - tow truck?

Scania have plenty of truck… It’s not must be a tow truck….

An upgrade version of 8258 crane truck with Fully Remote in Control+ system is really something we missing now

this one for an example:
https://thelegocarblog.com/2016/02/17/scania-g480-crane-truck-picture-special/screen-shot-2016-02-16-at-23-26-05/

Actually i just trying to say that it’s happy to see TLG are expanding their license set range to more brand, instead of what we often see the Volvo, Mercedes…. or some brand that already appear in other theme like Ford, BMW…. Etc

Ducati, CAT, Liebherr are the example of good effort

Edited by Technicallism

9 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

Scania have plenty of truck… It’s not must be a tow truck….

An upgrade version of 8258 crane truck with Fully Remote in Control+ system is really something we missing now

this one for an example:
https://thelegocarblog.com/2016/02/17/scania-g480-crane-truck-picture-special/screen-shot-2016-02-16-at-23-26-05/

Or this one