4 hours ago, Seasider said:

That was launched this year, and trust me I should know 😉

if it is another VAG product I think it’s more likely to be Audi rather than Bentley … unfortunately.

I’d talked about this Bentley Continental GT quite very early before for the possible of this year UCS since not much brand left in VW group where same level with the previous 3 brands. 

5 hours ago, Seasider said:

That was launched this year, and trust me I should know 😉

if it is another VAG product I think it’s more likely to be Audi rather than Bentley … unfortunately.

I trust you no worries. Yes Bentley is more desirable than Audi...

The Porsche and Mustang partial images are out. I can see a pullback engine on the Porsche too.

They... don't look particularly good, to put it midly.

Also 2 monster jam sets are out. One of them has a shark shape, very nice!

21 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

That'll be Megalodon.

I first read that as "Megatron"... :laugh: As cool as that would be, that'd never happen due to Transformers being owned by rival Hasbro.

12 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

I first read that as "Megatron"... :laugh: As cool as that would be, that'd never happen due to Transformers being owned by rival Hasbro.

Hasbro also owns the Bigfoot truck's brand, so I think we can bank on never seeing a pullback version.

Also, @mpj - do the newer sets use the Jeep tyre? Asking for a friend...

34 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Hasbro also owns the Bigfoot truck's brand, so I think we can bank on never seeing a pullback version.

Also, @mpj - do the newer sets use the Jeep tyre? Asking for a friend...

No, usual balloon tyres

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Oy. :facepalm:

Now you're acting just like I was an hour ago...but orange one looks to be parts donor...

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

That'll be El Toro Loco.

Yes and when I saw old balloon tires I felt as El Toro sucker...

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

You didn't go Loco, then?

No, I managed to control myself at the end...

Any hints as to what I need to search for on insta? I’ve looked in my usual places but drawn a blank

11 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Any hints as to what I need to search for on insta? I’ve looked in my usual places but drawn a blank

I'm not an instagram user, but there's at least one video on YouTube now. I found it by searching for 2022 Technic sets, sorted by date of posting. The second-newest result at the time I searched had the images.

Found it. Thoughts:

Cars: Eew. :sick:

El Toro Loco: Looks pretty cool! The shaping of the bodywork is on point and I like the solution for the horns. :thumbup:

Megalodon: Woah, not what I was expecting. Why are the rims not blue? The body looks a bit awkward as well. :sceptic:

17 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I'm not an instagram user, but there's at least one video on YouTube now. I found it by searching for 2022 Technic sets, sorted by date of posting. The second-newest result at the time I searched had the images.

Thanks found it. Think the Porsche front riches look odd. Mustang doesn’t look horrendous when you compare it to the corvette and McLaren 

Overall, these models look unfinished to me. I think/hope they'll be more polished by the final release, like the Zetros and CAT.

Honestly, I'm not that impressed by these sets. The pullback Monster Jam trucks looked so outlandish to me I didn't even believe I was looking at a Technic set at first. Last year we had some well-known Monster Jam trucks, like the Grave Digger. This year's are animals on wheels...

That Porsche looks like a flat board on wheels...I hope it's just the prelim image not being that clear, and that there's more details I can't see in this one blurry image.

I do like the Shelby though - it seems to be a good lime parts pack. I might get it just for the lime pieces as the Sian is so expensive. However, some parts of it look too close to the car from the 42098 IMO...the doors consist of a 3x11 curved panel, 3x11 flat panel and 2x2 slope pieces at the edges, just like the 42098's car. The roof panels also seem to be installed in a similar manner.

There's only so much detail you can get at this small scale, and now all these small cars are starting to feel like copy&paste with minor details changed to look like a specific car. In fact, as soon as I saw the price, I already got my hopes down on these cars being anything super detailed. Even the McLaren, which is arguably the best set of 1H 2021, was fun for like 5 minutes before it got boring...

13 minutes ago, JLiu15 said:

Last year we had some well-known Monster Jam trucks, like the Grave Digger. This year's are animals on wheels...

El Toro Loco is also a well-known Monster Jam truck. Just sayin'... :classic: