I'm waiting for more informations about 42136. If this would be John Deere 9R, this $30 price seems very good for this model. I hope it will be maybe a Jeep Wrangler Scale. Also 42139 seems interesting for me, fan of the cheap sets. We dont get quadbike as a A Model from 2015, its good time for it definetly.

I'm picking that the 42130 - BMW M1000 RR K66 won't be a Technic set but rather an Expert set like the Harley Davidson with a few Technic parts but mainly bricks. Either way I'll be getting it.

54 minutes ago, 3DKiwi said:

42130 - BMW M1000 RR K66 won't be a Technic set

But... it's numbered 42XXX

10 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

I'm picking that the 42130 - BMW M1000 RR K66 won't be a Technic set but rather an Expert set like the Harley Davidson with a few Technic parts but mainly bricks. Either way I'll be getting it.

That makes no sense when it's being advertised as a technic set with as Bartybum says a technic number

10 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

It's even been described as a Technic set, so odds are that it's gonna be a Technic set.

I hope the rumored BMW does not replace the 2022 supercar, as motorcycles aren't really my thing... That being said, it will be interesting to see that set if it comes to fruition. About the supercar set, for the Sian the first teaser was revealed on January 29, 2020, so maybe we'll get something around then if we are getting such a set. 

Im waiting for images now, not official ones, I think maybe they will appear at the end of month

Nuremberg Toy Fair is usually when some stuff gets shown or announced. This year it's February 2nd to February 6th. But I think we might get some official images in the coming few weeks, at least of the January sets.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:59 PM, allanp said:

@Dazzzy I know about the 2030 date, but that's only us daft UK lot afaik, and I just don't think it's feasible, I'm not convinced.

But back to Lego. Maybe they will do hybrid models and hydrogen burning cars. Besides, just because a car is no longer in production doesn't mean they can't make a set from it. Look at the old Mustang and the DB5. There's still gonna be a desire for Lego to have better and more realistic multispeed transmissions beyond 2030.

That's fair enough.  I have a different opinion, but i guess time will tell in both of our cases. 

I agree about there not being a shortage of older classic cars LEGO could explore. 

What i'm really looking forward to now is the big Technic BMW motorbike set.  I don't mind if LEGO doesn't give us another 1:8 supercar next year, as to be honest they're too expensive for me, but the price of the BMW is far more palatable.  Actually i wonder if LEGO will shift more of them than the 1:8 super car sets, due to the more accessible price point?  

56 minutes ago, Dazzzy said:

Actually i wonder if LEGO will shift more of them than the 1:8 super car sets, due to the more accessible price point?  

That would be quite strange, as I've come to understand that the UCS cars sell really well despite their price. Last few years have also seen some very expensive sets so for me it seems the opposite: TLG is pushing the size and price ever upward rather than abandoning the very most expensive sets.

41 minutes ago, howitzer said:

That would be quite strange, as I've come to understand that the UCS cars sell really well despite their price. Last few years have also seen some very expensive sets so for me it seems the opposite: TLG is pushing the size and price ever upward rather than abandoning the very most expensive sets.

You most probably are right, but i still think it would be interesting to see how many units of the UCS cars have sold.  For me, anything north of £200 for a LEGO set, is beyond my means really.  I can imagine there must be others like me that just can't justify paying anything more than that for a LEGO set, so i welcome the BMW UCS bike's price point. 

19 hours ago, Dazzzy said:

You most probably are right, but i still think it would be interesting to see how many units of the UCS cars have sold.  For me, anything north of £200 for a LEGO set, is beyond my means really.  I can imagine there must be others like me that just can't justify paying anything more than that for a LEGO set, so i welcome the BMW UCS bike's price point. 

Of course there are such people, but TLG caters to practically every price level that can be expected from a toy company so there's something for everyone. There's also increased focus on adult customers who can afford the expensive sets, even if kids can't.

Personally I could buy basically any set if I wanted to, but I carefully consider how interesting each set is in relation to its price, which leaves UCS (and mostly other) cars and motorbikes out as those hold little interest to me. But others have other priorities and it appears that fast cars are very popular, which makes UCS cars a goldmine for TLG.

I’d guess the UCS car is still on the cards for next year, just being hidden from view like the previous ones. TLG normally do a pretty good job of hiding these till close to the date. I’m wondering what vehicle from the VAG Group will be next 🤣 … perhaps an Audi R8 or ETron GT?

5 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I’d guess the UCS car is still on the cards for next year, just being hidden from view like the previous ones. TLG normally do a pretty good job of hiding these till close to the date. I’m wondering what vehicle from the VAG Group will be next 🤣 … perhaps an Audi R8 or ETron GT?

I Think Audi R8 is very possible

7 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Like I said early on this topic, Audi R8 green hell edition will be.

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

Sorry, been off the forum for a while and didn’t read though all 11pages of this thread.

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

I won't say it's not possible, but previously these sets have generally helped market newly released cars, while the Audi R8 is already nearing replacement. 

No way they will do an Audi R8. That car is ancient and to be honest quite boring. They will do something much newer, maybe something that hasn't even been revealed yet.

If it is really an Audi, then it'll be something like the E-Tron GTR. Of course if that really exists and comes in 2022 :D  

Don't think Lego would go with an electric car for the next Technic supercar as it would lack the engine and gearbox mechanisms that they normally put in them. But if they do, the Rimac Nevera might be possible? As Rimac is now partially owned by Porsche, and Lego seems to be obsessed with the Volkswagen group.

1 hour ago, 1340cc said:

Don't think Lego would go with an electric car for the next Technic supercar as it would lack the engine and gearbox mechanisms that they normally put in them. But if they do, the Rimac Nevera might be possible? As Rimac is now partially owned by Porsche, and Lego seems to be obsessed with the Volkswagen group.

They can, if the scale or details level (non-USC) allow omitting the gearbox or engine crankshaft (they could be easily replaced with some interestingly rotating sci-fi looking stators or other "high-tech electric motor" parts.