17 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Names:

Im waiting for nearly every set, only 42140 non interests ne

42 minutes ago, keymaker said:

From Technic?!?! Now you have my full attention.

Unfortunately only a 50€ 544 piece model. So don't get your hopes high.

Again too many licensed cars and no real technic. The 1:5 BMW could be interesting since it was never done before.

Edited by R0Sch
corrected

Just now, R0Sch said:

Unfortunately only a 50€ 544 piece model. So don't get your hopes high.

Yes, I have written this before I saw piece count... A bit disappointing. But still, I am looking forward to it, because motorcycles, pullbacks or formulas one do not interest me.

A Formula 1 car would be strange because the design of the cars will change next year. I guess that it would be an outdated car because the new cars won't be ready soon enough to let Lego create their version.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The scale is 1:5

A 1:5 scale of Motorcycle is about 40cm length.

Bigger than all the previous motorcycles sets.

Looking forward for this one and since this is set number 42130 which is within 2021 2HY set numbering, I reckon ot might have earlier launch date for some region and so have early announcement like the Batmobile.

35 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

A Formula 1 car would be strange because the design of the cars will change next year. I guess that it would be an outdated car because the new cars won't be ready soon enough to let Lego create their version.

Finally, a Formula 1 car since the 42000 on 2013.

Edited by Technicallism

6 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

I reckon ot might have earlier launch date for some region and so have early announcement like the Batmobile.

31 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

42130's release date is March 22, so I don't think there will be any official reveal any time soon.

23 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42130's release date is March 22, so I don't think there will be any official reveal any time soon.

Again, it’s UCS series so it might be like the 1:8 supercar, exclusive lego store have earlier sale than normal open-trade toy shop. 1-March may just for normal launch and lego exclusive launch on Jan-2022

We Shall see, TLG like to give surprise now

Quite an interesting lineup, though not necessarily in such a way that I'd find many items to buy there. The Transformation vehicle and the ATV do sound good though, something to possibly buy.

I update more detail info about the lineup:

1-Jan-2022 wave:
42127 - Batman Batmobile, 1360pcs, €99.99
42132 - Chopper, 163pcs, €9.99
42134 - Monster Jam Megalodon, 260pcs, €19.99
42135 - Monster Jam El Toro Loco, 247pcs, €19.99
42136 - ??John Deer R9??, ???pcs, €29.99??
42137 - Formula E Porsche 99X Electric, 422pcs, €49.99
42138 - Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, 544pcs, €49.99

1-Mar-2022 wave:
42130 - BMW M1000 RR K66 (18+), 1922pcs, €199.99
42133 - Telehandler, 143pcs, €9.99
42139 - All-Terrain Vehicle, 764pcs, €74.99
42140 - App-controlled Transformation Car, 772pcs, €129.99
42141 - Formula 1 Car (18+), 1431pcs, €179.99

TBH I am also beginning to wonder if the UCS motorbike is in place of the UCS supercar this year. There are already two 18+ sets in the first wave, prices and sizes of flagships can vary alot and don't we usually hear about the supercar among the first wave sets? Not that I mind that much. Would be good for the UCS line to be able to include things other than supercars. And of course I could be wrong.

I'd be very surprised, the price is not UCS enough :laugh: If the schedule does not change then the UCS set might only come in May-June, so it's too early to know about it anything. First news about the Lamborghini were published at the Nuremberg toy fair last year, wouldn't expect anything sooner than that. 

Yeah, there is no way a bike will replace the massively successful “UCS” supercars. Even if not everyone is a fan, they sell very very well. They wouldn’t skip out on another massively successful set in exchange for an experimental motorcycle. 

20 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Yeah, there is no way a bike will replace the massively successful “UCS” supercars. Even if not everyone is a fan, they sell very very well. They wouldn’t skip out on another massively successful set in exchange for an experimental motorcycle. 

Very good points.

4 hours ago, allanp said:

TBH I am also beginning to wonder if the UCS motorbike is in place of the UCS supercar this year.

NOPE

Edited by thekoRngear

Mechanically, I can only see four-wheel steering and variable ride height missing from UCS cars.

What else can be added? I don't believe functional brakes is in such a list, as they require intentionally rubbing parts against each other. Perhaps new crankshaft elements to allow more realistic firing sequences?

6 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Mechanically, I can only see four-wheel steering and variable ride height missing from UCS cars.

What else can be added? I don't believe functional brakes is in such a list, as they require intentionally rubbing parts against each other. Perhaps new crankshaft elements to allow more realistic firing sequences?

Convertible tops are a possiblity, though they are hard to do and make look good.

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering (with crab steering á la Hummer EV), adjustable suspension, complex door opening mechanism, openable roof, more realistic suspension setup, functional aero elements, even some adjustable seats...  lots of things can happen in a car :) But an official LEGO set will always be a careful balance between the look, the functionality and the way-below-MOC-level complexity since it has to be buildable by average Joe as well and not only EB members.  

20 hours ago, kbalage said:

4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering (with crab steering á la Hummer EV), adjustable suspension, complex door opening mechanism, openable roof, more realistic suspension setup, functional aero elements, even some adjustable seats...  lots of things can happen in a car :) But an official LEGO set will always be a careful balance between the look, the functionality and the way-below-MOC-level complexity since it has to be buildable by average Joe as well and not only EB members.  

Perfectly said. Still lots more hafta come across with the future UCS cars with Lego's challenge to make a careful balance. 

Edited by thekoRngear

Just curious about the motorbike. If it's bigger than previous bikes are we looking at a different sized wheel? That would be surprising if it were to be the case

Aside from functional brakes and clutch there isn't really much functionality to add to a car. But there's still a lot of room to expand and improve on the functionality already present, like more realistic gearboxes and steering/suspension geometry. Also there's other variations like a transverse engine and transmission with a linkage to a proper gated stick shift (such as the Ariel atom and pretty much every hot hatch and modern everyday car that doesn't have sequential shift) as well as McPherson strut suspension and front wheel drive.

1 hour ago, allanp said:

Aside from functional brakes and clutch there isn't really much functionality to add to a car. But there's still a lot of room to expand and improve on the functionality already present, like more realistic gearboxes and steering/suspension geometry. Also there's other variations like a transverse engine and transmission with a linkage to a proper gated stick shift (such as the Ariel atom and pretty much every hot hatch and modern everyday car that doesn't have sequential shift) as well as McPherson strut suspension and front wheel drive.

Yep, these would be great. Sequential gearboxes and RWD configurations are nice and all, but all those things you listed are still sorely missing from Lego cars.