1 hour ago, GoldVillage said:

Ofcourse it is, why would they give us excavators, tractors and backhoes when they can give us like 7-8 cars AGAIN? last year when we got like 7 cars i said next year gonna be even worse...

Don't worry, first wave sets usually aren't all that impressive anyway. Wait for second wave. That's when they release the big stuff. Look at the Arocs, Claas, BWE, CAT, 42128 tow truck, 42082 crane, etc. So I would probably be happy that they don't release one in the first wave, because if they do they most likely wouldn't do another one just a few months later. 

1 minute ago, LvdH said:

Don't worry, first wave sets usually aren't all that impressive anyway. Wait for second wave. That's when they release the big stuff. Look at the Arocs, Claas, BWE, CAT, 42128 tow truck, 42082 crane, etc. So I would probably be happy that they don't release one in the first wave, because if they do they most likely wouldn't do another one just a few months later. 

For me, the size of the set isn't what matters - it's the subject matter. In fact, I think a mid-size backhoe would be ideal. Doesn't have to be massive - it just has to be a backhoe.

I wonder what that big flagship set is (42141). I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get a big aircraft this time and not just another boring land vehicle.

Edited by HydroWorld Outlook

16 hours ago, HydroWorld Outlook said:

I wonder what that big flagship set is (42140). I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get a big aircraft this time and not just another boring land vehicle.

happy-back.gif

Watercraft! YOU LIKE WATERCRAFT! GET OUT! :laugh:

Edited by Maaboo35
Tribbiani flinging

2 minutes ago, HydroWorld Outlook said:

I wonder what that big flagship set is (42140). I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get a big aircraft this time and not just another boring land vehicle.

Time would be ripe for a big aircraft set, discounting the Osprey the last large scale aircraft was the coaxial helicopter of 2016 and before that the cargo plane in 2015.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Watercraft! YOU LIKE WATERCRAFT! GET OUT! :laugh:

You're right. I really do like watercraft, but I also know that LEGO would never put their existing electronics at risk by developing a product that would simply break itself. That would be wasting money creating the motors and hubs that would need to be included in the set, only to get them destroyed when tested in water. (Has anyone ever dared to test their Control+ elements in water? I didn't think so.) They would have to create an entirely new waterproof motor system, and knowing them, they would not just give us that gift on a silver platter for less than $200, at least. So an aircraft set that does not require water to work is far more likely and reasonable at the moment.

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

Time would be ripe for a big aircraft set, discounting the Osprey the last large scale aircraft was the coaxial helicopter of 2016 and before that the cargo plane in 2015.

Totally agree with you. That would be ideal, but at the same time it might not be practical unless LEGO develops a new high-speed motor that can make the model fly, since it is Control+. But who knows? We'll see.

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

Oh, on second thought, the big aircraft I want can wait until the second wave, if what you are saying is correct. That would give the designers more time to develop the model, which allows it to be bigger and have more functions. Take the 42131 for example. They've been working on that model all year, and look how awesome the final product is. The bigger the aircraft is, the better it'll be.

14 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I think a mid-size backhoe would be ideal. Doesn't have to be massive - it just has to be a backhoe.

It might be just me, but a $70 backhoe doesn’t sound particularly appealing to me. If I would want them to do a backhoe, I would rather have one like 8455 more than something like 8069. But it also depends how you define mid scale, I guess. 4000 piece sets are more common nowadays, so when I hear mid scale I think of 1500-2000 pieces. Not (presumably) 700ish you would have gotten in the $70 one. 

13 hours ago, HydroWorld Outlook said:

Oh, on second thought, the big aircraft I want can wait until the second wave, if what you are saying is correct.

Of course I have no idea if what I am saying is correct. All that I know for sure is that the first wave sets usually aren’t that exciting (mostly for younger builders, with one or two for enthusiasts) and second wave is when they present what‘s possible to build with LEGO (all for enthusiasts pretty much). But I do agree, in the case of planes, bigger is better :laugh: 

Edited by LvdH

29 minutes ago, LvdH said:

It might be just me, but a $70 backhoe doesn’t sound particularly appealing to me. If I would want them to do a backhoe, I would rather have one like 8455 more than something like 8069. But it also depends how you define mid scale, I guess. 4000 piece sets are more common nowadays, so when I hear mid scale I think of 1500-2000 pieces. Not (presumably) 700ish you would have gotten in the $70 one.

8069 is pretty cool and I wouldn't mind an update, maybe with the LAs from the CAT and the new tyres. But hey, doesn't look like that's happening anyway. :hmpf_bad:

Of the sets we explicitly know about, I'm only interested in the teeny telehandler and the pullbacks. Unless this "off-roader" is something special, it's gonna be a lean 1H...

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

but a $70 backhoe doesn’t sound particularly appealing to me.

Agreed. If I had to choose, would rather see a $470 Backhoe. Non licensed. This kind of machine deserves that.

11 minutes ago, Milan said:

Agreed. If I had to choose, would rather see a $470 Backhoe. Non licensed. This kind of machine deserves that.

Well, TLG don't seem to think it deserves a set in any form. :sadnew:

For me, $50 to $150 Backhoe with only Manual Functions will be my favourite set in long time. I dont need 4k piece set since I dont have enough money to buy them. I prefer cheap sets with lot of functionality. Thats Reason why 42128 is my favourite set in 2021, not Zetros or Cat 

13 minutes ago, Dami said:

For me, $50 to $150 Backhoe with only Manual Functions will be my favourite set in long time.

It ain't happening, pal. We must move on... :cry_sad:

16 hours ago, HydroWorld Outlook said:

Totally agree with you. That would be ideal, but at the same time it might not be practical unless LEGO develops a new high-speed motor that can make the model fly, since it is Control+. But who knows? We'll see.

No way they are going to produce an aircraft that actually flies in a controlled manner. There's just too many requirements that the batteries, motors and flight control hardware have to meet for it to be practical within the strict safety and durability demands that TLG puts on their products. Not to mention that Lego isn't ideal for chassis building either on flying things, there's just too much excess weight.

But I'm totally OK with that, I wouldn't use the Liebherr for my yardwork and neither I will expect my aircraft models to actually fly. They are models and toys and if I want the real thing, there's much better options for that.

Well, even the 2nd list most likely certain, I still don’t think a backhoe on 2022 flagship. Since TLG have licensing with VW group, a Scania Crane Truck come before a backhoe doesn’t sound even better?! 😂

Edited by Technicallism

Another licensed truck on either 49.5 wheels or on Arocs wheels (can't remember the diameter) would be very nice in 2H.

For the rest, it doesn't seems too interesting, except for the Mustang which probably fits the scale of the McLaren and Corvette and maybe fits on the car transporter. It's Nice to see that TLG expands this scale.

Edited by Rebel_Lego

1 hour ago, Rebel_Lego said:

It's Nice to see that TLG expands this scale.

I would add not only expands but keeps developing it, as Corvette and Transporter's car were quite similar while the next ones like McLaren and Wrangler proved that the cars in this scale could be fully different gems, not only simply recolors.

5 hours ago, Void_S said:

I would add not only expands but keeps developing it, as Corvette and Transporter's car were quite similar while the next ones like McLaren and Wrangler proved that the cars in this scale could be fully different gems, not only simply recolors.

Agreed. I saw the list another time and probably the Porsche Formula E is also in this scale.

By the way, I should point out that I would still be fine with another car next year, if they made a more interesting one. I would personally like to see the Terrafugia TF-X or Aeromobil 4.0 Flying Car in LEGO Technic. Or, better yet, maybe a large amphibious vehicle, like this. We haven't seen official Technic sets with amphibious vehicles in them before, minus hovercrafts and the 3-in-1 Amphipower Car set from 1996.

For the 1:8 UCS car I'd also be fine with it not being a Supercar/hypercar. It could be a Ram t-rex or Merc 6x6 or whatever but in the same 1:8 scale as the other cars. As long as the transmission gets more realistic with new pieces and the steering feels much better (better geometry and a discrete HOG please!) I don't really care what it is.

7 minutes ago, allanp said:

For the 1:8 UCS car I'd also be fine with it not being a Supercar/hypercar. It could be a Ram t-rex or Merc 6x6 or whatever but in the same 1:8 scale as the other cars. As long as the transmission gets more realistic with new pieces and the steering feels much better (better geometry and a discrete HOG please!) I don't really care what it is.

Yep, the world is full of very nice cars, other than the supercars/hypercars, so it would be nice to see more variety also in the 1:8 category. Also, you're entirely correct about the transmission and steering, for some reason TLG seems to often ignore for example the Ackermann geometry even though that should definitely be a normal thing with every 1:10 and larger car.

I wonder whether the Telehandler will be equipped with a bucket or forks. Of the six telehandlers we have already, three have buckets and three have forks. Which way will the scales tip?

Or will it feature something new?

21 hours ago, howitzer said:

Yep, the world is full of very nice cars, other than the supercars/hypercars, so it would be nice to see more variety also in the 1:8 category. Also, you're entirely correct about the transmission and steering, for some reason TLG seems to often ignore for example the Ackermann geometry even though that should definitely be a normal thing with every 1:10 and larger car.

But sadly, the fact is that TLG doesn’t look like to change the fundamentals of this UCS series for Technic line. We often think about our own wish, but there is many aspect that TLG need to consider before brainstorming a model or a successor model. Most likely it will still from VW group brand, I guess they have some commitments in between. Just take an example at creator expert T1 Camper van, on shelves for nearly 10 years (probably one of the longest shelf life model in history) before retired for the successor T2 Camper Van, imagine how close the relationship between TLG & VW group to keep their own brand on shelve & in lego store.

It’s still too early to talk about what it is until 2022, but I’m happy if they make Bentley Continental GT in LBG color. :)

Edited by Technicallism