I think we would get list from Promobricks or Stonewars in 1 to 2 weeks since Technic is only remaining important series to dont have set list at Promobricks. If this rumor is correct, im hyped for Water Scooter, Backhoe and IP Tractor but Monster Truck and Compact Excavator may be great too. I think H2Y wave as always will be more interesting.

Edited by Dami

5 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

Then there should also be the next super car after the Sian. Should come out june, so belongs to the 1HY...

Usually the 1:8 supercar are considered the 2HY wave, they have exclusive early launch on lego brand store / certified store. Open-trade or normal reseller only will be available from August

6 hours ago, Dami said:

I think we would get list from Promobricks or Stonewars in 1 to 2 weeks since Technic is only remaining important series to dont have set list at Promobricks. If this rumor is correct, im hyped for Water Scooter, Backhoe and IP Tractor but Monster Truck and Compact Excavator may be great too. I think H2Y wave as always will be more interesting.

We have a sea/water vehicle every 2 years since 2018 (racing yacht) then 2020 (catamaran). Won’t surprise if we have another one on this category next year as long as TLG like to continue this trend.

I think we could also open a 2022 speculation topic for H2. My bet is on a PU powered (2 hubs with 8 motors or 1 hub with gearboxes) mobile crane, it's long since we had a proper large (could use the new-ish front tyres from the batmobile) 8-10 wheeled one.

9 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I think we could also open a 2022 speculation topic for H2. My bet is on a PU powered (2 hubs with 8 motors or 1 hub with gearboxes) mobile crane, it's long since we had a proper large (could use the new-ish front tyres from the batmobile) 8-10 wheeled one.

I think there's a good chance of this, despite we haven't had a flagship backhoe for many years longer!

10 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

If we assume:

• 42100 Liebherr skewed cheap on Lego's pricing (with 2 hubs & 7 motors)
  • 42131 CAT skewed average on Lego's pricing (with 1 hub & 4 motors) 
  • a giant mobile crane will be at least 3,500 pieces
  • prices go up every year.

we're surely looking at RRP around €600... I just can't see it happening. I wouldn't be surprised if 42100 remains the only set with 2 hubs for a long, long time. Of course there are major mechanical advantages of having 2 hubs on something like a mobile crane or excavator, but that's surely a secondary concern to pricing.

Edited by J159753

Yeah I don't see an RC mobile crane happening, to be honest. It seems like it'd be a recipe for something insanely expensive

Edited by Bartybum

Seeing the growing trend of high part numbers with insane prices (Millennium Falcon, ISD, the upcomig AT-AT and Titanic, etc.), it's really just a matter of time when Technic will step into this..

Aside from 42138 (maybe a bike if you guys are correct) my wallet is going to love the first half of the year as there isn't really anything of interest for me here.

I'm glad you construction-type fans are getting plenty of love though.

Looks like I'll be keeping an eye on the second half of '22 as well as the 1:8 supercar

Do the (non-technic) sets with >4k parts and stratospheric prices hang around for longer than 'normal' sets in their themes? 

14 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

It would happen but more likely in 2023 as Liebherr and Cat Succesor.

I have my set ideas for H2

Licensed Movie Car, maybe Toyota Supra from Fast and Furious. Around 1200 pieces, $100

Logging Truck with Pneumatic Crane and Gearbox to switch between rotating crane and outriggers, around 1400 pieces, $140

Skycrane with basic Powered Up battery box and motor, gearbox to switch functions, around 1700 pieces $170

Volvo Mining Truck with Control + and Speed Transmission Gearbox, around 2000 pieces, $250

1:8 scale Audi R8 V10 with Speed Transmission Gearbox, around 3800 pieces, $380

2 hours ago, Dami said:

Volvo Mining Truck with Control + and Speed Transmission Gearbox, around 2000 pieces, $250

1:8 scale Audi R8 V10 with Speed Transmission Gearbox, around 3800 pieces, $380

Not so sure about a Volvo Mining Truck. We just had the Volvo AH60 and not too long ago the Zeux concept with a b-model truck.

Sorry, but I don't find a Audi R8 very exciting. Such a mundane looking car. I'd much rather have an Aston Martin, Koenigsegg or something else more exotic. I mean, something to at least come close to a severely limited edition Lamborghini.

Edited by zoo

1 hour ago, zoo said:

Not so sure about a Volvo Mining Truck. We just had the Volvo AH60 and not too long ago the Zeux concept with a b-model truck.

Sorry, but I don't find a Audi R8 very exciting. Such a mundane looking car. I'd much rather have an Aston Martin, Koenigsegg or something else more exotic. I mean, something to at least come close to a severely limited edition Lamborghini.

Then Volvo Telehandler or Reach Stacker

Then Bentley Bacalar if not Audi

After finishing my 1:16 Huayra, I'm sure hoping we see a Pagani of some sort. I would be happy with a Koenigsegg as well. An R8 would be nice, but I feel its not 'exotic' enough for a 1:8 supercar, although I think the GT3 rs falls in the same category so who knows.

15 hours ago, allanp said:

I think there's a good chance of this, despite we haven't had a flagship backhoe for many years longer!

Flagship backhoe is kind like similar iconic and in-line of successor of Liebherr then Cat bulldozer….

I think it only happen on 2023 or later.

IMO, 2022 flagship likely a truck, unlikely a construction vehicle, unlikely a crane, maybe another advanced crane truck?? We shall see.

I wonder whether 2022’s inevitable Volvo will be a flagship or a 1H set :oh3:

Edited by Bartybum

Lol… abit confusing now as I saw another version of list for 1HY 2022 by jjpsleaksite. Totally different from the first version i saw from reddit. 

42127 - Batmobile, $99.99
42130 - TBA (18+), $199.99
42132 - “Chopper”, $9.99
42133 - Telescopic Handler, $9.99
42134 - Monster Jam Megalodon, $19.99
42135 - Monster Jam El Toro Loco, $19.99
42136 (missing)
42137 - Formula E Porsche 99X Electric, $49.99
42138 - Mustang Shelby Cobra, $49.99
42139 - “All-Terrain Vehicle”, $74.99
42140 - App-controlled Transformation Vehicle, $129.99
42141 - TBA (18+), $179.99

2 hours ago, Technicallism said:

1HY 2022 by jjpsleaksit

Doesn't make sense at all if you'd ask me. Also the 42130 is already in sale... Let's wait for promobricks take.

4 hours ago, Technicallism said:

2022 flagship likely a truck

Yes please. We didn't get the 62.4 wheels since 2018...

26 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Also the 42130 is already in sale.

There's no 42130 in the 2021 Technic lineup. The CAT's number is 42131. 2021 2H lineup contains 42126, 42128, 42129, and 42131.

Well, honestly, that list (if true) makes a bit more sense for me than the previous, and gives hope for a backhoe flagship

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The jjp leak doesn't sound quite plausible to me.

Agree

After this year's Zetros and CAT leaks that turned out to be very different from the real products I start to think TLG now plays a misinformation game with the leakers to track their sources and also to confuse them :)