19 hours ago, Technicallism said:

42138 - TBD, $69.99, 726 pcs

I highly suspect that this thing is a motorcycle. TBD likely means a licensed model. Its part count and price are consistent with those of previous motorcycle sets:

42107 Ducatti: $69.99, 59.99€, 646 pieces
42063 BMW: $59.99, 49.99€, 603 pieces

9 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I highly suspect that this thing is a motorcycle. TBD likely means a licensed model. Its part count and price are consistent with those of previous motorcycle sets:

Would make sense, the Ducati was released in June 2020 (except NA) so it will probably retire sometime next year. 

46 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Its really possible, but more I would like IP quadbike, maybe Yamaha Raptor with speed transmission Gearbox rather than another motorcycle. Last Quadbike was realesed in 2015 so I think 7 years break is enough.

I think in summer wave we will get

- lost 42127, Film licensed vehicle.

- 42098, 42112 or 42128 scale Truck

- Aircraft, maybe Skycrane because why not

- Volvo vehicle (I have hope for Mining Truck)

- 1:8 car

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

42119's B-model is a quadbike.

But its B-Model

Edited by Milan
Do not quote images from the same page, please.

The 1:8 supercar was a special subtheme for Technic line, probably people like to call it UCS series and it was just started since 2016, then every 2 years.

While set with ‘flagship’ tag happened every year and was started over 20-30 years ago in Technic theme, it might be longer if I mistaken. But the set with ‘flagship’ doesn’t means must be the highest count of pieces or most expensive set of the year. Might be a set of the year that iconic enough to round up the year, so mostly only available for 2HY wave.

For example:
2016 - flagship was 42055 BWE but we have UCS 42056 Porsche 911
2017 - flagship was 42070
2018 - flagship was 42082 Big red while we have UCS 42083 Bugatti

Etc….

Edited by Technicallism

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Judging by the rumored piece count, I think it will again have a 2-speed gearbox.

Also, I expect to have news of the 1:8 supercar by the end of 2022 January, because that is when the first image of Sian got out/leaked iirc.

3 hours ago, Technicallism said:

The 1:8 supercar was a special subtheme for Technic line, probably people like to call it UCS series and it was just started since 2016, then every 2 years.

While set with ‘flagship’ tag happened every year and was started over 20-30 years ago in Technic theme, it might be longer if I mistaken. But the set with ‘flagship’ doesn’t means must be the highest count of pieces or most expensive set of the year. Might be a set of the year that iconic enough to round up the year, so mostly only available for 2HY wave.

For example:
2016 - flagship was 42055 BWE but we have UCS 42056 Porsche 911
2017 - flagship was 42070
2018 - flagship was 42082 Big red while we have UCS 42083 Bugatti

Etc….

You are right in that the 1:8 cars are there own subtheme, so are not considered the flagships of their years. You are also correct that the 2nd half flagship isn't necessarily the set with the mot pieces. But it is (as far as I remember) always the most expensive set of the year (excluding the 1:8 cars).

In recent (to me) years there has also been 1st half flagships. But with the release of sets like the top gear car (the expensive but small PU sets) I'm not sure which sets are considered the flagships for the first half. Is it the expensive but small PU sets or is it the usually much bigger first half set?

Edited by allanp

7 minutes ago, allanp said:

In recent (to me) years there has also been 1st half flagships. But with the release of sets like the top gear car (the expensive but small PU sets) I'm not sure which sets are considered the flagships for the first half. Is it the expensive but small PU sets or is it the usually much bigger first half set?

IMHO with most pieces; like 42108 crane, but Porsche and Ferrari are IMHO kind of UCS sets for 1st half...

Anyway I but sets for parts...but some have also cool solutions...

I don't think there should be necessarily a flagship for the first half year, that's always the time for smaller sets.

5 hours ago, kbalage said:

I don't think there should be necessarily a flagship for the first half year, that's always the time for smaller sets.

Yes agree. So far I've not come across with separated flagship 1HY or flagship 2HY tag, it's only flagship of the year.

For TBD, I think it is still too early to talk about what exactly it is but likely a licensed set that which normally 'TBD' on first info.
But I do not expect another licensed motorcycle, hopefully something else that we not usually see or never  in the technic line before.

Honestly, I looking forward for the IP tractor much more than the backhoe loader as my wish is still a flagship backhoe, been waiting for years & hopefully I no need to wait much longer from now.

5 hours ago, Technicallism said:

hopefully something else that we not usually see or never  in the technic line before.

One kind of motorbike that has not appeared as an official set is a motorbike with a side car. I'd love to see it one day.

4 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

One kind of motorbike that has not appeared as an official set is a motorbike with a side car. I'd love to see it one day.

You mean set 857?

ga7R2mb3vseE9eO-RdoltHeFaaFL2qL5jj1X-xgX

5 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Now that would be interesting

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Records of Technic's prehistoric age does not concern me. :laugh:

Hey, the past is just as relevant as the present! :tongue:

On that note, the Backhoe Scales are currently level, with two pneumatic and two gear-driven backhoes on either side. Assuming our info is correct, which way will the scales be tipped in January?

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Hey, the past is just as relevant as the present! :tongue:

On that note, the Backhoe Scales are currently level, with two pneumatic and two gear-driven backhoes on either side. Assuming our info is correct, which way will the scales be tipped in January?

The 8862 had more geared functions than pneumatic functions :wink: 

But anyway I don’t think a $70 set will have pneumatics.

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

The 8862 had more geared functions than pneumatic functions :wink: 

But anyway I don’t think a $70 set will have pneumatics.

It doesn't look likely, no.

I think Backhoe will not have a gearbox but it will have a bit of functionality, and I think its okay. I also dont expect pneumatics but a linear actuators functions since its cheaper.

I hope 42138 will be some sort of motorcycle or quadbike with speed transmission gearbox. 42140 will probably be another 42109 clone, maybe Race Truck or Trial Truck, it would be fun definetly

Anyway, rumors is still rumors…

I get this info from reddit where the original authors also not 100% sure.

We shall see in next 1-2 weeks if have further news…

But honestly I quite happy with this list, especially the backhoe & Licensed tractor.

2 hours ago, Technicallism said:

But honestly I quite happy with this list, especially the backhoe & Licensed tractor.

I have high hopes for IP tractor and I hope that some images will appear in some month, month and a half...

4 hours ago, Technicallism said:

Dito. I mostly wait for infos from promobricks at these have been very reliable source.

2 hours ago, 1gor said:

I have high hopes for IP tractor and I hope that some images will appear in some month, month and a half... 

Definetely also my favorite model. I am currently working on a tractor with the 107 tractor wheels on the back. I will land in at about 800 pieces, so I hope we will have some sort of plow, harrow or tedder as an attachement :-)

3 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Dito. I mostly wait for infos from promobricks at these have been very reliable source.

Definetely also my favorite model. I am currently working on a tractor with the 107 tractor wheels on the back. I will land in at about 800 pieces, so I hope we will have some sort of plow, harrow or tedder as an attachement :-)

Honestly, all my projects are on standstill since every free time we spent on 10 week old kitten...so I'm afraid if I continue working on Syn-Trac I'll be looking for small beams and pins all over the house because it would be new kitten toys

I have 10 81mm tractor tires but I could only hold them in hand for few seconds until I put them in the box...I really wonder if IP tractor will use combination of those tractor tires we already have or will it be oportunity to introduce some new dimension - to make same scale as 8284...