Hello Chevy and Speed Champions fans,

The 1957 Chevrolet is a car that was introduced by Chevrolet in September 1956 for the 1957 model year. It was available in three series models: the upscale Bel Air, the mid-range Two-Ten, and the One-Fifty. It is a popular and sought after classic car. Its image has been frequently used in toys, graphics, music, movies, and television. The '57 Chevy, as it is often known, is an auto icon. This model is based on one of my favorite Matchbox as a child. Building instructions are available on the following links:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-87788/_TLG_/57-chevy-matchbox-version

Kit is available here:

https://buildamoc.com/products/57-chevy-matchbox-version

It is a studless model in the new, 8 studs wide Speed Champions style. It can be built either with fixed doors, or with openable doors. I personally prefer the fixed door version (Speed Champions style) as it is more sturdy and there are no half plate thick gaps below the doors. I minimized the use of stickers to keep the flexibility of the used parts in further builds, therefore only two standard vehicle registration plate stickers are used.

My intent was to keep the width-length-height ratio of the real car and this size makes it possible. I wanted to build the model as accurate as possible in this small scale, therefore it contains lots of details: for example the brick built flame decoration, the emblematic front bumper with the vehicle registration plate and front lights, the side view mirrors and the rearview mirror, the tiltable seats etc.. Maybe the most challenging one was the brick built number on the trunk. I tried to fill every unecessary gaps and therefore some tricky build techniques are used.

The model has space for two minifigures on the front seats. There are some space before the rear seats too, but it is enough only for a minifigure without legs.

Thanks for visiting,
_TLG_

51483155246_72a63618b7_z.jpg'57 Chevy - INSTRUCTIONS 1 by László Torma, on Flickr

51483155136_3c3ab3fa85_z.jpg'57 Chevy - INSTRUCTIONS 2 by László Torma, on Flickr

51482369962_fa36a548c4_z.jpg'57 Chevy - INSTRUCTIONS 3 by László Torma, on Flickr

51484078240_4d30ba0969_z.jpg'57 Chevy - INSTRUCTIONS 4 by László Torma, on Flickr

51483154796_310fa40eb9_z.jpg'57 Chevy - INSTRUCTIONS 5 by László Torma, on Flickr

51483369848_af823f7027_z.jpg'57 Chevy - INSTRUCTIONS 6 by László Torma, on Flickr

51483874299_f001a6ce87_z.jpg'57 Chevy - INSTRUCTIONS 7 by László Torma, on Flickr

51484077590_33bfee6e27_z.jpg'57 Chevy - INSTRUCTIONS 8 by László Torma, on Flickr

Edited by _TLG_
Kit link added.

Nice!

Interesting to have the flames brick-built instead of the "too easy" stickers :)

11 minutes ago, antp said:

Nice!

Interesting to have the flames brick-built instead of the "too easy" stickers :)

Thanks! I prefer the brick built solutions :)

Superb rendition of the classic Chevy. You've captured all the details and managed to build the flame motif with bricks. That wasn't easy. Brick on!