Blackfalcon81

[MOC] Soundwave Transformers G1

Soundwave MOC

This is my new MOC, it is the first time one of two of my passions: Lego and Transformers. the width of the torso is 50 stud and is the first of 4 phases. 100% Bricks 0% Digital. 
I will update the phases in my instagram 

I hope you like it

Thanks!!!

Edited by Blackfalcon81
Tags

Woah, that is massive. Well done with the smoothness and the straightness of the lines. The geometry of the face is also fantastic. I look forward to seeing how the rest of the body will turn out (and how big it will be!)

Do my eyes deceive me or are there hinges on the bottom of the torso? Do you plan on building his spies?

3 hours ago, Roses said:

Woah, that is massive. Well done with the smoothness and the straightness of the lines. The geometry of the face is also fantastic. I look forward to seeing how the rest of the body will turn out (and how big it will be!)

Do my eyes deceive me or are there hinges on the bottom of the torso? Do you plan on building his spies?

Thank you very much for your comment, your eyes do not deceive you. indeed the chest can be opened and I plan to build a couple of cassettes (approximate size of Voltron Ideas). Regarding soundwave I want to get it to transform because fortunately its mechanism is simple, the first tests seem to point ways. the final height approx 140cm

Thanks!

Edited by Blackfalcon81

Wow.. this really is cool.  I will also follow.   Great job of the shoulder cannon.  I will have to check out your instagram for details how it was done... 

4 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Wow.. this really is cool.  I will also follow.   Great job of the shoulder cannon.  I will have to check out your instagram for details how it was done

Thanks a lot!!!

I was impressed when you first showed this off, but I am even more so now. It's super accurate and extremely well done on top of being pretty darn huge. Is the plan for this too be fully articulated too? What kind of mechanisms are you using to keep the joints stable?

25 minutes ago, Geihlen said:

I was impressed when you first showed this off, but I am even more so now. It's super accurate and extremely well done on top of being pretty darn huge. Is the plan for this too be fully articulated too? What kind of mechanisms are you using to keep the joints stable?

thank you very much for your words! If it is fully articulated and can be transformed, the problem is the weight of the arms, since at certain angles it has too much stress, I am working on how to solve it. If you have instagram I can share photos of how it is inside, do not hesitate to ask me. sorry for my basic English

This is amazing - I'm seriously impressed.

I'm so out of my depth when it comes to engineering and design on this scale. Is this a case where you have to basically use existing pieces to create your own large-scale hinges and joints?

New update

On 1/15/2022 at 9:33 PM, Stepwise said:

This is amazing - I'm seriously impressed.

I'm so out of my depth when it comes to engineering and design on this scale. Is this a case where you have to basically use existing pieces to create your own large-scale hinges and joints?

the entire interior of the arms is a technic structure (liftarms, gears…) then covered by panels. the torso is normal bricks

WOW !

That's the only word I can think of to express my admiration.

Wow, wow, wow !

Fantastic job !

I still can't get over this build. It's so huge and so well done and it just keeps looking better every time we get an update. Now, as always, allow me to say that this is stellar.