Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[GoC] The Queen's Crown Public House

Between docks and offices, The Queen's Crown public house is a popular place in King's Harbour!

E'en though it is a small pub, it is always bustling with sailors, captains, and harbour workers.

Well into the night, the quaint little pub is still supplying Her Majesty's naval forces with beverages, music, and laughs.

51483014353_b82d465364_c.jpg

Inspiration for this build only came last night, and I used a bit of free time today to put it into bricks.

The photo isn't the best, I will take more soon and upload more!

51480262245_24e72e4f8d_c.jpg

Without figures:

51483014243_57164e4fdc_c.jpg

Edited by Spud The Viking

:pir-wub: Lovely!  I can't believe just how well the reds go with the light gray roof and gray corners!  Excellent little cobblestone road too, and even with the few minifigures visible it already looks like a jolly place to be! :pir-sweet: 

Nice! Definitely looking forward to the additional images

The red/dark red mottling looks great and like @Garmadon said, the dark bley is dark enough to frame the reds and the light bley really well

Fun seaweed tree and inverted tile cobbles! I also really like the white door and brackets for hinges.

:thumbup: for GoC from me!

1 hour ago, Garmadon said:

:pir-wub: Lovely!  I can't believe just how well the reds go with the light gray roof and gray corners!  Excellent little cobblestone road too, and even with the few minifigures visible it already looks like a jolly place to be! :pir-sweet: 

Thank you! I am glad how the red/dark red came together.

41 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Nice! Definitely looking forward to the additional images

The red/dark red mottling looks great and like @Garmadon said, the dark bley is dark enough to frame the reds and the light bley really well

Fun seaweed tree and inverted tile cobbles! I also really like the white door and brackets for hinges.

:thumbup: for GoC from me!

Thanks! I don't know why they came out pixelated, but I will sort that tomorrow!

The "seaweed tree" was my attempt at a weeping willow tree :pir-grin:

14 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Woo! Red and grey; it's a thing now! This is certainly better than my recent attempts. Lovely stuff. 

Thanks. It is a great combo, so I'm not complaining to see more of it!

I have uploaded clearer pictures now.

Really enjoying the way the red looks, great job sandwiching it between dark grey to keep it from overpowering the build.  Really nice road texture too!

Very nice blending of the dark red and grey, I think it gives it a really nice look. The brickwork itself is great and those smooth round pieces used for the walkway are a really nice touch!

:thumbup: from me!

To echo others, the light grey slate tile roof (and superb cobble pathway) looks great next to the dark red.  A very appealing colour selection by you.  Nice work!

All round brilliant job here Spud! Firstly the colour palette, as others have mentioned, it works really well. I don't think I've seen that much normal red mixed into a dark red building before and it looks great. The reds then are contrasted nicely by the bleys. While a simple A frame, the structure itself pops with the detailed wall texture and insert in the front wall with the arch. The addition of the grey and sand green roof tiles is a nice little detail. Lastly, that tree looks really good. I had to have a close look to see that the spine pieces are attached to leaf pieces.

In all, very well done and definitely a GoC :thumbup: from me

I like the colors of the house. The tree looks good too.