Jim

[REVIEW] 42131 - CAT D11T Bulldozer

On 9/21/2021 at 7:32 PM, M_longer said:

It's not simple, but overcomplicated. All it needed were two sliders on both sides of the screen for tracks control.

For a smart guy you forget it’s a licensed product and CAT would have had a large say in how this interface needs to be to satisfy them . The steering replicates how the break paddles work on the real thing and to be honest if it was to be even more realistic the F/R gear control should also be on the left side which would be even more complex. 

8 hours ago, Richombx said:

The steering replicates how the break paddles work on the real thing and to be honest if it was to be even more realistic the F/R gear control should also be on the left side which would be even more complex. 

Cool, a pity that drive wheels are not replicated as in real machine, but we got sliiiiders :))

20 minutes ago, technicfan said:

One question I have not sure if it has been asked or covered is does it have opening doors on the cab?.

Yup, they open. Forgot to mention it. 

Pybricks Firmware + Lego 88010 RC, I think it’s the best Control for CAT and the best RC Konfiguration is

left +/- Buttons: steering

Right+/- Buttons: drivingspeed

and the other functions with only 1 button for each function, no button for gear box, so fully automatic

left red button (A): Blade up or down + gear

right red button (C): Blade tilt + gear

left red button (B): ripper up or down + gear

Right red button (D): ladder up or down + gear

On/Off button: change red buttons A-B, C-D

Edited by Al Ex

6 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Strange, app doesn't have the Cat yet and there's no update.

Apple version has been released Sept. 30th. Looks like google is a bit slow.

TLG is probably slow. Not Google.

Well, at least the final product is a whole lot bigger and better than that smaller prototype model we saw in the months prior to the release of this set.

Edited by HydroWorld Outlook

1 minute ago, HydroWorld Outlook said:

Well, at least the final product is a whole lot bigger and better than that smaller prototype model we saw in the months prior to the release of this set.

Shame a whole load of people can't actually operate it as yet, though.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:00 PM, Jim said:

51456871957_ed8685d10e_b.jpg

@Jim, @kbalage, looks like the 42131 suffers from the same color inconsistencies like the 42114. This part 15100.pnghas a different shade of yellow than the rest of the yellow parts. At least it looks like that in the image above. Can you confirm that?

46 minutes ago, Andman said:

@Jim, @kbalage, looks like the 42131 suffers from the same color inconsistencies like the 42114. This part has a different shade of yellow than the rest of the yellow parts. At least it looks like that in the image above. Can you confirm that?

It's the same in 42121.

It's always that connector in a different shade. I wonder if it is a different type of plastic or something?

2 hours ago, Rebel_Lego said:

It's always that connector in a different shade. I wonder if it is a different type of plastic or something?

This.

Not at home right now, but I do agree it’s probably slightly different material.

9 hours ago, Rebel_Lego said:

It does feel different, just like the one with the cross axle instead of the pin. It's always a different shade in lime, red etc.

I think it's just transparency due to the thickness of the plastic - the thin lines on the panel faces seem to have the same colour variation.

Although the 2L tubes adjacent to the discoloured connectors have the correct shade of yellow, they have a slightly larger outer diameter, so the plastic is thicker.

Edited by Bartybum

It does often look more like a different level of transparency rather than a different shade of pigment used. Or maybe the different plastics have a different base colour? Either way it didn't used to be a problem. I think they could fix it if they wanted to.

I just got done building step 5 twice, I was given a yellow 7L beam instead of a 11L beam.  No big deal, but wondering if anyone else ran into this?

21 hours ago, allanp said:

Either way it didn't used to be a problem.

Are you so sure about this? This connector in yellow is a fairly recent thing. I'd be interested to see it compared to the ones in 42100.

I finished building this model in Studio yesterday, and I realized that @Jim was right: the building experience is very enjoyable, unexpectedly so. I can't really explain why or how, but that's my impression.

On 10/5/2021 at 1:24 AM, aminnich said:

I just got done building step 5 twice, I was given a yellow 7L beam instead of a 11L beam.  No big deal, but wondering if anyone else ran into this?

At the end of book 2 I had one T shape 3x3 yellow beam short
and one L shape 2x4 too much.

I guess I owed you this one...

51634373445_c6522df433_b.jpg