Borex

71033 LEGO Muppets CMF Series - Rumors & Discussion

Ohhhh myyy gooosh. I thought I was going to be able to skip this series like I skipped Looney Tunes, but they've reeled me in. Unlike the Looney Tunes with their boring prints, these have heaps of wonderful detailed prints. New banjo too... wow! And so many parts included with Animal!

Unfortunately for my wallet, I love them.

uggggghhhhh they looks soooo good!!!!!!! so excited for this series. i wonder where bricknbricks got them 🤔

Wow! Was not expecting Animal to come with a complete drum kit but it looks spectacular!

And Kermit gets a brand new banjo, but Fozzy comes with a banana instead of a rubber chicken just like I expected. The Swedish Chef, Dr. Honeydew, Janice, and Gonzo are all completely expected accessories as well, but they’re executed flawlessly - love how the printing on Camila worked out. 

Love all the little details on these guys. Some of the general proportions are a little off, but nothing enough to be off putting (the Tweety Bird from the Loony Toons series just didn’t work for me). Waldorf and Statler are definitely the most ‘off’ feeling, but I can’t help wonder if part of the reason is that you never really see them standing up. 

And I was a little surprised when Scooter didn’t make the cut, but it looks like he ended up getting a tiny little cameo after all. I’m not sure what that laptop is all about, but I assume it’s from the Muppets Now show. 

All in all, I’m probably going to need to pick up at least half this series, if not all of them. Totally amazing. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I love all of them :grin_wub: And really neat accessories too!

Right? a drum kit, new rainbow, Geiger counter, Camilla chicken, and that new banjo …. 😍

love them all. 

Pics up on IG of the whole set.  Brings some nostalgia back for me watching them as a kid.  Love animal.  Nice accessories especially the banjo.  

Edited by zoth33

Wow, these look fantastic! Absolutely a must-buy for this lifelong Muppet fan.

The only thing that I would’ve changed is including Sam Eagle or Scooter instead of Janice. I get why Lego would want more than one female character in the lineup, but it still feels like an odd choice to include her over others.

Here’s hoping for a Series 2! :wink:

4 hours ago, williejm said:

Right? a drum kit, new rainbow, Geiger counter, Camilla chicken, and that new banjo …. 😍

love them all. 

The accessories are great, aren’t they!

I would’ve liked a rubber chicken for Fozzie, but I’m not greedy - there’s lots of other great new pieces here. 

Upon a closer inspection, The Swedish Chef's arm printing looks really interesting. The printed lines almost reach the torso. That's new right? I dont recall arm priting going that far before

Scooter should be there besides than random female Muppet no one knows.

27 minutes ago, Maple said:

Scooter should be there besides than random female Muppet no one knows.

Janice has been part of Electric Mayhem and the Muppet Show in general since the very beginning. She’s hardly a random choice (there actually are random female characters that they could have dredged up to even out the gender ratio even more) and plenty of people know her, since she was mentioned as a possible character here multiple times before the list leaked. 

43 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Upon a closer inspection, The Swedish Chef's arm printing looks really interesting. The printed lines almost reach the torso. That's new right? I dont recall arm priting going that far before

Griphook's from HP Series 2 went nearly as far I think.

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Janice has been part of Electric Mayhem and the Muppet Show in general since the very beginning. She’s hardly a random choice.

Agreed. I've only watched some of the films, none of the show, and I recognised her straight away. She is nowhere near as random as female Porky Pig, for instance.

Wow, i love the series. Even though their heads sometimes don’t scream lego.

Some of the minifig parts are also very nice to reuse as well. Even the tomato head will be fun for reusing. 
Good that they managed Scooter in the series somehow, and even Dr. Teeth (the sign on the drums of animal). 
also they didn’t cheap out on accessories, very good Lego!

I hope i can find them all!

Edited by Borex

Overall I think these are outstanding, and they'll look great next to the Sesame Street figs. I do admit that a few of them (especially the two old guys) trick my brain into thinking someone took a generic Muppet figure head and put it on a minifig. However, I can ignore that for the most part. Besides, I don't think there is a better alternative (classic, round heads wouldn't have done these justice). I am overall very excited with these. They've met the high standard I've come to expect from Lego!

My point is I don't care about gender equality of puppets. Scooter was a main character throughout the TV show and the films while Janice is a very minor presence. I wouldn't even say she is a character she is that minor.

Leaving a main character out of this one leaves the door open for a second series

(Although I'm pretty sure this one will be a one time thing)

i feel like kermit, rowlf, fozzie, and piggy all shouldve had medium legs, maybe even short for kermit, but thats a minor issue they all look amazing !!! so happy with gonzo especially 

3 hours ago, Maple said:

My point is I don't care about gender equality of puppets. Scooter was a main character throughout the TV show and the films while Janice is a very minor presence. I wouldn't even say she is a character she is that minor.

I don’t care what you just said. I’m just happy that we will get Janice minifigure. 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Leaving a main character out of this one leaves the door open for a second series

(Although I'm pretty sure this one will be a one time thing)

Agreed. I don’t know if there are more characters for the second series. I’m pretty sure it may be an one-time series. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

43 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed. I don’t know if there are more characters for the second series. I’m pretty sure it may be an one-time series. 

We can easily get to another 12! 1Scooter, 2Sam the Eagle, Finish the Electric Mayhem band; 3Dr Teeth, 4Zoot and 5Floyd - Pigs in Space; 6Link, 7Dr Strangepork & 8Piggy, 9Crazy Harry, 10Lew Zealand w/fish, 11Beauregard (or George the Janitor) 12Newsflash Guy, 13 Walter, 14Deadly, smaller ones like Pepe, Rizzo, Robin, or big figs like Sweetums…  not to mention variation possibilities like Veterinarian’s hospital (Rowlf, Janice, Piggy) or Constantine. So to say they couldn’t do a second wave with big/popular characters is just not true. 

6 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

We can easily get to another 12! 1Scooter, 2Sam the Eagle, Finish the Electric Mayhem band; 3Dr Teeth, 4Zoot and 5Floyd - Pigs in Space; 6Link, 7Dr Strangepork & 8Piggy, 9Crazy Harry, 10Lew Zealand w/fish, 11Beauregard (or George the Janitor) 12Newsflash Guy, 13 Walter, 14Deadly, smaller ones like Pepe, Rizzo, Robin, or big figs like Sweetums…  not to mention variation possibilities like Veterinarian’s hospital (Rowlf, Janice, Piggy) or Constantine. So to say they couldn’t do a second wave with big/popular characters is just not true. 

That sounds awesome!!

Hey folks. I have a quesiton. 

Is Camilla a first named character to be an “accessory” in CMF Series?

23 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

And I was a little surprised when Scooter didn’t make the cut, but it looks like he ended up getting a tiny little cameo after all. I’m not sure what that laptop is all about, but I assume it’s from the Muppets Now show. 

Yep, one of the main running bits of Muppets Now is Scooter trying to manage the various aspects of the web show through his laptop in a video call format, which was very fitting given that the series released during the height of the pandemic and work-from-home adjustment. While I still hope for a full Scooter minifig down the line, this was a great way of including him in a way that kids will know.

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey folks. I have a quesiton. 

Is Camilla a first named character to be an “accessory” in CMF Series?

Nope. Santa's Little Helper and Snowball II from the Simpsons series come to mind, along with Hedwig, Nagini, and many others from the Harry Potter series. I'm surely forgetting more as well.

11 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Yep, one of the main running bits of Muppets Now is Scooter trying to manage the various aspects of the web show through his laptop in a video call format, which was very fitting given that the series released during the height of the pandemic and work-from-home adjustment. While I still hope for a full Scooter minifig down the line, this was a great way of including him in a way that kids will know.

Nope. Santa's Little Helper and Snowball II from the Simpsons series come to mind, along with Hedwig, Nagini, and many others from the Harry Potter series. I'm surely forgetting more as well.

And the baby croc from the Marvel series