Borex

71033 LEGO Muppets CMF Series - Rumors & Discussion

This is honestly as hilarious as it is utterly ridiculous. (All of this effort done to prevent people from seeing or buying plastic toys “too early”.) I’m just imagining some kid wanting to buy a random Minifigure pack from like Series 22 and getting denied at the register. :laugh:

This was probably just a knee-jerk reaction because Lego and Disney have a set date that they want to reveal/release these. It’s possible that Lego doesn’t know that Target uses the same product number for the CMFs either.

8 hours ago, karrit said:

They've been doing the same thing for years with a lot of their merchandise.  I remember having a hard time trying to figure out what receipts to use when returning things going back years.  It was always a nightmare finding the right receipt when I needed to return StarWars Action Figures because you can't match any of their receipt codes to the actual UPC codes.

Get a Target credit or debit card. You get 30 extra days to return things and don't need to put up with that garbage.

1 minute ago, The Stud said:

This is honestly as hilarious as it is utterly ridiculous. (All of this effort done to prevent people from seeing or buying plastic toys “too early”.) I’m just imagining some kid wanting to buy a random Minifigure pack from like Series 22 and getting denied at the register. :laugh:

This was probably just a knee-jerk reaction because Lego and Disney have a set date that they want to reveal/release these. It’s possible that Lego doesn’t know that Target uses the same product number for the CMFs either.

This is 100% on Disney, they are freaks about every little thing and LEGO needs to keep them happy because Disney owns everything.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Get a Target credit or debit card. You get 30 extra days to return things and don't need to put up with that garbage.

I have a Target card.  That is of no help if you are trying to match up a product with a receipt for a return since their codes don't match anything on the receipt.  And when they lower prices one needs the paper receipt to prove the actual date you paid more $$ for an item because their underpaid help isn't going to bother searching far enough back in the computer records.

4 minutes ago, karrit said:

I have a Target card.  That is of no help if you are trying to match up a product with a receipt for a return since their codes don't match anything on the receipt.  And when they lower prices one needs the paper receipt to prove the actual date you paid more $$ for an item because their underpaid help isn't going to bother searching far enough back in the computer records.

I have never had a problem with returns, they scan your card, scan the item and the thing comes right up if you bought it within 120 days.

ordered a full set on ebay the other day should be here monday im so excited :moar:

I don’t think I ever shared my thoughts on the series itself but I really like it! I think all of the figure choices were good ones. There were a few noteworthy absences (Scooter, Pepe, Sweetums, Rizzo, etc.) but nothing too glaring. It’s just another series that would have benefited from having 16-20 figures like the older licensed series. Still, the detailing and accessories for all of these characters are fantastic!

I’d pre-order my complete set from Minifigures Plus right now if it weren’t for the fact that I’m saving up for some big Lego Star Wars purchases for May the 4th.

I actually found one bag by the registers in my local Target a few days ago after the supposed blanket ban on the selling of any minifigs until May 1st.  Note that I have never even found a Series 22 CMF in any of the 3 Targets nearest to me.  I decided to try my luck at the self checkout.  It showed up on the checkout screen as a Series 22 CMF and allowed the purchase to go through.  I got Waldorf. 

56 minutes ago, canuckster said:

Does Lego guarantee a full set in a box?

I don’t think they ever do - given that they are ‘blind’ bags, and because there are occasionally snarl ups with the distribution in boxes. But, of course, you can assume a full set / full sets  generally …

14 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Lego Shop lists a 6-Pack box for this series.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-muppets-6-pack-71035

It doesn't say if there are no duplicates. Why can't they just go all the way and offer a 12-Pack Complete set? Do they really want us to linger in the store and feel up all the packets?

Because that would mean another product entry and the need for separate packaging for that product. They could of course do it but then these become a set of 12 figures rather than collectible, blind bagged minifigures that are an impulse buy. 

On 4/20/2022 at 12:08 PM, badbob001 said:

Lego Shop lists a 6-Pack box for this series.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-muppets-6-pack-71035

It doesn't say if there are no duplicates. Why can't they just go all the way and offer a 12-Pack Complete set? Do they really want us to linger in the store and feel up all the packets?

It doesn't say no duplicates on there, but the other six figure packs Lego has done (Looney Tunes, Marvel, Series 22) have all been duplicate free to my knowledge. I'd assume that you won't have to worry about doubles here.

Edited by The Stud

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

It doesn't say no duplicates on there, but the other six figure packs Lego has done (Looney Tunes, Marvel, Series 22) have all been duplicate free to my knowledge. I'd assume that you won't have to worry about doubles here.

The problem with the 6 packs is when you buy multiples you risk getting the same 6 figures in each 6 pack which happened to me with the Marvel ones.  Fortunately I only bought 2 six packs so I picked up the other figures I wanted individually.  I may risk a few of the Muppet ones since I'd like duplicates of more than half the figures to use the body parts for custom figs.

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

There were instances of people getting a duplicate in the six packs, but I suspect that's a packing error, rather than intentional or due to random assortment.

You can preorder a full set for $62 on eBay. It's the easiest if you want them all. I just got Series 22 for $44 shipped from a new seller. 

Came across an employee last night at Target putting all of the CMF 22 bags back at the registers.  He had a cart loaded with loose ones, and four unopened boxes of the same CMF.  Perhaps Target bosses are hearing our complaints!?

I checked a Target after my Costco run today and there were absolutely no minifigs other than the Super Mario ones in the Lego aisle.  Just a bunch of empty pegs by the registers.  Hoping they show up soon.

3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Anyone know of the Australian release date for these figs?

June according to Jay's Brick Blog. One might think June 1st, but given how haphazardly the last series appeared, I wouldn't bet on it.

I found some at Target today, bought 5, and received...a Gonzo and 4 Fozzies. I suppose that serves me right for jumping the gun on the official release. I still plan to order more tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I found some at Target today, bought 5, and received...a Gonzo and 4 Fozzies. I suppose that serves me right for jumping the gun on the official release. I still plan to order more tomorrow.

Yikes.the risk you take when you can’t manhandle the pockets!

I got a whole set ahead of official release here in U.K. - they are soooooo good. Only slight meh issue is Beaker’s coat and Bunsen’s head being the same colour … I get why, but it’s not ideal.

5 hours ago, williejm said:

Yikes.the risk you take when you can’t manhandle the pockets!

I don't go in for bag-feeling anyway. I hate seeing a display where someone has gotten there ahead of me and rumpled them all, and I don't want to inflict that situation on anyone else.