Borex

71033 LEGO Muppets CMF Series - Rumors & Discussion

So many MOC opportunities await! Gotta get them all. Haven’t been more psyched about a series since Looney Tunes! This looks better and the leak almost confirms it? Trying not to get overly excited, in case it’s an elaborate hoax, heaven forbid. Must have a series 2 or stand alone sets with more characters. Please LEGO ;) 

this feels really early for a leak r we still sure they r releasing late april/early may? when did pics for looney tunes first leak?

They look great, just as I expected! Although I really wish they included Sam, I think the lineup is still very solid and I can't wait to get them all :laugh::thumbup:

3 hours ago, Tygurah said:

They look great, just as I expected! Although I really wish they included Sam, I think the lineup is still very solid and I can't wait to get them all :laugh::thumbup:

Agreed. I’m sad we don’t get Sam more than any other character. I guess if they are popular there’s a possibility if another series - That could include (for example) Muppet Christmas Carol variants of key characters, more of Electric Mayhem, some Pigs in Spaaaaaaaaace, the MahNa MahNa monster, etc …

In fact, could even see a Muppet Christmas Carol D2C being a thing in the future. 

Re the arms on Piggy & Kermit - until shown otherwise, I’m assuming they just look distorted given the shape of source image.

4 hours ago, Tygurah said:

Yeah, he‘s definitely the most glaring omission. The reduction to 12 minifigs just keeps hurting us, doesn‘t it. The gift that keeps on not giving

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

7 minutes ago, Celebrian Telrunya said:

Here is a picture that was just leaked.

Posting leaked pictures is not allowed on EB. I suggest deleting it asap :wink:

I really like them! The head molds are hit that perfect balance of being specialized enough for the characters yet still simplistic enough for that classic Lego charm. Excited to see accessories with the full reveal.

An exciting day, to say the least!! The minifigs looks fantastic from what I can tell. Can’t wait to see the rest!

2 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Wow!!! I love the Swedish chef!

It’s high time we had more Swedish archetypes in Lego minifigue form 😜

They are already leaked that early?! Oh wow, competely unexpected!!

On 1/15/2022 at 7:49 PM, LOTR34 said:

Hopefully one day we get a sesame street series. 

Hmmmm….not sure if it would happen? Ma I ask why?

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

They are already leaked that early?! Oh wow, competely unexpected!!

Hmmmm….not sure if it would happen? Ma I ask why?

I think a Sesame Street series might happen -  and would be great. We already have some head moulds in existence, and this would be popular worldwide. A CMF would also let them extend the roster to have more of the female characters for example, since we got only a few characters in the set.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

I think a Sesame Street series might happen -  and would be great. We already have some head moulds in existence, and this would be popular worldwide. A CMF would also let them extend the roster to have more of the female characters for example, since we got only a few characters in the set.

Good point.

Regardless if we get a Sesame Street series, the release of a Muppets series (along with the recent “Rocco” meme and my early childhood love for the show) has moved up the Sesame Street Ideas set on my want list. That could be a really cool display with the set and all these Muppets figures side-by-side.

I just hope the reveal of this series isn’t a case like the Looney Tunes last year where we had seen several leaked images for a while before Lego finally revealed them 1+ month later and acted like they were a big surprise. While they were being super slow at revealing those figures (because I think that they only revealed a few at a time and kept posting about it), everyone was already focused on the next series at the time: Marvel.

Please correct me if I’m wrong - Muppet Seires will be released in May and the series will be revealed in April, right? 

24 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong - Muppet Seires will be released in May and the series will be revealed in April, right? 

As far as we are aware, yes.

42 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

As far as we are aware, yes.

Thank you. Looks like we have 2+ months left before the series will be revealed. 

On 1/19/2022 at 11:19 AM, williejm said:

Ooh - Fraggle Rock is getting revived. I know what I want next as a CMF!

Is it? Nice! Fraggle Rock was my favorite show when i was a kid. The idea of all kinds of other worlds beneath the surface of our houses was very inspirational to me. I always had a bit too much imagination. I hope they do it justice, because the series is still very good (imho).