Borex

71033 LEGO Muppets CMF Series - Rumors & Discussion

On 10/25/2021 at 3:05 PM, Borex said:

So what could they have as accessories?

kermit - the lute from the next regular cmf wave? Robin as a Throg-fig?

Miss Piggy - lip-stick? A comb?

Statler and Waldorf - witty remarks printed as a sign to hold up? 
Rawlf - the music of ‘Together again’ on a tile?

Fozzie - hopefully a rubber-chicken mould

Bunsen and Beaker - just some bunsens and beakers? 
Gonzo - a trumpet with a flag in it? Camilla the chicken?

Swedish Chef - printed carrots? Printed pumpkin?

Janice - just a saxophone

Animal - some drumsticks (magic wands) and maybe a chain?

I really really hope Robin comes as an accessory as he is my second favorite muppet, but I know deep down they would never do it :sad:

Piggy could also come with her dog, and Swedish Chef should def come with so fruits/veggies with faces on them

Gonzo could also come with Rizzo, but 3 characters in one bag is super unlikely and Camilla is more integral to his character

That's actually a really good list if the leak is true. But LEGO is kind of doing it again by throwing in a character I don't think many people care about (Janice...) to try to up represenation. I mean, Muppets like MANY properties has almost nothing but male characters. The Looney Tunes tried to throw in boring female rabbit and porky pig gal nobody remembers the name of. Other than Ms Piggy there's like barely any female muppets that have more than a line...

Maybe Skeeter from Muppet Babies! Loved that show... she's not in the latest Muppet Babies but a dumb penguin character is. Speaking of Skeeter I'd also rather have Scooter.

Just now, BrickG said:

That's actually a really good list if the leak is true. But LEGO is kind of doing it again by throwing in a character I don't think many people care about (Janice...) to try to up represenation. I mean, Muppets like MANY properties has almost nothing but male characters. The Looney Tunes tried to throw in boring female rabbit and porky pig gal nobody remembers the name of. Other than Ms Piggy there's like barely any female muppets that have more than a line...

Maybe Skeeter from Muppet Babies! Loved that show... she's not in the latest Muppet Babies but a dumb penguin character is. Speaking of Skeeter I'd also rather have Scooter.

Who are you calling boring? Lola is a great character in "The Looney Tunes Show" :laugh:
But yeah, I'm disappointed that both Petunia and Janice took spots from characters like Yosemite Sam and Sam the Eagle. (Both named Sam, huh :look:)

Janice is one of my favourite characters, so I'm happy to see her. I loved her random 'valley girl' remarks in the old show and movies, and the exaggerated design of her head. She is the Electric Mayhem's guitarist though by the way, Zoot plays the saxophone.

Not having Scooter would be disappointing, I'd rather have him than Dr. Bunsen. Nothing against Bunsen, but Scooter seems like such an integral character (even though he's kinda boring to look at). Also really missing are the aforementioned Sam and Rizzo, and Pepe the prawn.

If this list is correct, then I'm really hoping to see a second set to round out the band with Zoot, Floyd and Dr. Teeth. You could fill the other spots with the likes of Beauregard, Pops, Hilda, Crazy Harry, or Marvin Suggs to name a few lesser characters. You could even have Kermit in his investigator raincoat, and an alien from the planet Koozebane. :)

Edited by Teeka

I guess I'll speak up to say that I've always liked Janice too. I did find the way she spoke pretty funny.

But there are still at least five or six characters I'd rather have before her.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:52 PM, Teeka said:

You’re right! Janice plays the guitar and Zoot had the saxophone. Because of Zoot i wanted to play the sax as a kid x-D and because all 80’s songs had a saxophone in it. Anyway, if there ever is going to be a second wave i hope for the rest of Electric Mayhem and Dr. Teeth, Sweetums , Sam the Eagle, the newsman, beauregard, the pigs in space crew and the Mahna mahna guy

Yeah Janice is okay, just a lot more important muppets including ones in that band that have more lines in things than Janice. I think it's more concerning that representation is really weak in these old franchises rather than trying to hamfist representation through the selection process at LEGO maybe bring more relevant representation that sticks and is good to the franchises themselves :P. But I can't blame LEGO at all because it's not their franchise! If you look at a list of movie specific muppets (no muppet babies or muppets from like Sesame Street) of relevant and iconic and meaningful female Muppets it pretty much ends right after Ms Piggy. Seconded by Camilla the Chicken lol which I wouldn't be surprised if she came with Gonzo :P. Janice is I guess the only other one that isn't a one-off or barely existing female character. Sooo I won't REALLY complain (I'll just look like it!).

the-muppet.jpg

Another Muppet Baby rep (lol) is 100x better than Janice is that Nanny. Just put a pair of legs into a bag! XD

hqdefault.jpg

To me, what makes Janice an odd inclusion is that Animal is the only member of Electric Mayhem that's usually seen outside the context of the entire band. It's going to be weird to have her without Dr. Teeth or Zoot. Oh well, I'll hold out hope for a second series. Still very excited for the series as a whole.

3 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

To me, what makes Janice an odd inclusion is that Animal is the only member of Electric Mayhem that's usually seen outside the context of the entire band. It's going to be weird to have her without Dr. Teeth or Zoot. Oh well, I'll hold out hope for a second series. Still very excited for the series as a whole.

That’s not true, Janice and Rowlf don scrubs in the ‘Veterinarian’s Hospital’ sletches, for example. 

I'm beyond thrilled that this series is (most likely) happening. My kids will probably only want Miss Piggy and maybe Kermit (my kids are all girls). But I will definitely be picking up the entire set for myself!

I highly doubt we'll see any kind of tie-in set or GWP item, but I'll be content with just the rumored list of characters. :classic:

anyone remember when pictures for the looney tunes series first leaked? it came out around the same time this is rumored to so im hoping that could give us a good idea on when we might see our first look. im so excited for this series!!!

21 minutes ago, Surge said:

anyone remember when pictures for the looney tunes series first leaked? it came out around the same time this is rumored to so im hoping that could give us a good idea on when we might see our first look. im so excited for this series!!!

The Lego Looney Tunes series first leaked on April 1st, I don't think they were officially revealed by Lego until April 10th. I feel that the first pictures for The Muppets series will be on Instagram next year around that same time

7 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

The Lego Looney Tunes series first leaked on April 1st, I don't think they were officially revealed by Lego until April 10th. I feel that the first pictures for The Muppets series will be on Instagram next year around that same time

If I remember correctly, there were very very few leaked pictures, such as Porky’s torso and Marvin the Martin’s head right a few days before the offical reveal (April 1st). 

7 hours ago, Surge said:

Too early to tell. If The Muppet Series would be released on May 1st, the offical images would be revealed on April 1st. 

16 hours ago, Mr No said:

Do you think we will get a Muppets set too? 

If they follow a similar approach to Looney Tunes, then we can expect some Brickheadz at least in 2023. Fingers crossed for actual sets though!

They leaked?!

Is that real? I can't tell e.e

Miss Piggy doesnt make sense to me as a minifigure

Edited by Robert8

Really happy to get a glimse of the series! Is it just me or do Miss Piggy's arms look weird? 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They look amazing :wub: The packaging is decisively less amazing though. Seriously, white again?!

I was hoping the bags would like the curtains of the Muppet Show but this white backdrop fits better with the modern Muppets I guess.

These figures look fantastic! Miss Piggy’s arms definitely look strange though. They almost look like mini-doll arms? Can’t wait to see the rest!

i first saw the leak and thought it was fake cus of the arms lol!! glad to see its real tho. so excited for this and soooo happy that gonzo is in his chili pepper shirt, that was the one thing i was really hoping for along with robin (but i always knew i would be let down with that one) interesting to see they dont have any accessories? or maybe they just aren't on the package.

Well, that ceratinly goes on the list of things I never thought I'd see in Lego form, right next to the scribbled over "Looney Tunes". :laugh: Gotta say that I love this weird new variety in the licenced CMF series; never played Lego Dimensions, but I absolutely loved the packs for the sheer number of IPs and characters that never would've been made otherwise (B.A. Baracus, Finn and Jake, E.T., Cybermen; flippin' Beetlejuice?). Love the Muppets, maybe more their earlier iterations but still, so... Buying the full series, day 1, can only hope for more of them; give us the full Electric Mayhem, Lego, you cowards. :devil: