Borex

71033 LEGO Muppets CMF Series - Rumors & Discussion

Id love to see Robin as an accessory with Kermit, but I don't have much hope lol. Rizzo and or Camila would also go well with Gonzo

55 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

It's not the exact version, but the standard Superman minifig could work for the Christopher Reeve episode.

You know what, you're right. Additionally, if you put his head on Chandler's blue shirt and black vest torso, that's pretty much exactly one of his outfits during his Muppet episode. 😄

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That is actually something I didn't think about before. At first I thought it was a random frog plush, but later I read that is an actual named character....

But yeah, it's true! Now that you mention it, the same applies for the baby crocodile. It's as actual character included as accesory

Now I wonder if they could do that for this Muppets series then

Too bad, Tweety and Road Runner didn’t come as acccosry for Granny or Sylvester and Willie E Coyote in Looney Tunes Series….

On 9/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, williejm said:

Also worth noting that, in including Throg with Loki in the Marvel CMF, Lego have broken the pattern of *not* including smaller characters as accessories. Maybe this could apply to Rizzo the rat, for example. 

That wasn't a thing anyway. Named smaller characters have come as accessories in CMFs a number of times before. Loki / Throg was nothing new.

colsim2-4.png

colsim2-3.png

colhp-3.png

10 minutes ago, MAB said:

That wasn't a thing anyway. Named smaller characters have come as accessories in CMFs a number of times before. Loki / Throg was nothing new.

colsim2-4.png

colsim2-3.png

colhp-3.png

But it was new for a Disney-owned IP

I’ll be beyond excited if this turns out to be true! The Muppets is one of my most-wanted Lego themes.

As others have said, a D2C Muppet Theater set would be absolutely incredible. I don’t want to get too ahead of myself though. :laugh:

My guesses.

1. Kermit
  2. Miss Piggy
  3. Gonzo (with chicken?)
  4. Fozzie
  5. Rowlf
  6. Animal
  7. Janice (need another female character)
  8. Beaker
  9. Dr. Honeydew
  10. Rizzo
  11. Scooter
  12. Pepe

Maybe's Sam the Eagle, Dr. Teeth (but three band members?), the girl penguin from Muppet Babies.

I don't think you'll get Statler And Waldorf because they'd be pretty boring minifigs and kids would probably be really disappointed to get them. (Though, if they do sets a set that was their theatre box would be cool.)

It would be cool if the mahna mahna guy and one of the pink background singers would be in there

WoW I thought  i knew the muppets… maybe it’s because I don’t know the names of the characters in English but I had to google lots of the names that come up here in the “possible list”. 

anyways can’t wait for these. March April may seems so far away. 

the list is out.

I think i would've preferred if Statler and Waldorf were replaced with Scooter and Walter, but overall im happy with the choices and very excited for them.

Surely the rest of the band has to follow. I know Lego has an equality quota to fill, but you gotta have the rest of the Teeth, right?

Assuming the list is accurate - that looks pretty much like a ‘standalone’ series. Think a second series would suffer having very few ‘big’ name characters still missing, and doubtlessly having to have variants of at least a few of the main ones. 

That said, I’m happy with that list, my only real disappointment is no Sam or Rizzo. 

Very good list. I get it why they chose Janice, but personally i rather saw Scooter in her place. Not because i don’t want Janice, but i think that the rest of the band won’t be made (hopefully i’m wrong though) and that’ll keep itching. 
Everybody will need a new mould for their heads, so i think there won’t be too much extra moulds. 

9 minutes ago, Borex said:

Very good list. I get it why they chose Janice, but personally i rather saw Scooter in her place. Not because i don’t want Janice, but i think that the rest of the band won’t be made (hopefully i’m wrong though) and that’ll keep itching. 
Everybody will need a new mould for their heads, so i think there won’t be too much extra moulds. 

I honestly think the only new accessory we may get is a banjo for Kermit … but even that is hopeful.

On that regard, the person who posted the new dog and squirrel mold tests said he also has a pic of a new banjo mold. I assume he'll post it at some point

So what could they have as accessories?

kermit - the lute from the next regular cmf wave? Robin as a Throg-fig?

Miss Piggy - lip-stick? A comb?

Statler and Waldorf - witty remarks printed as a sign to hold up? 
Rawlf - the music of ‘Together again’ on a tile?

Fozzie - hopefully a rubber-chicken mould

Bunsen and Beaker - just some bunsens and beakers? 
Gonzo - a trumpet with a flag in it? Camilla the chicken?

Swedish Chef - printed carrots? Printed pumpkin?

Janice - just a saxophone

Animal - some drumsticks (magic wands) and maybe a chain?

5 minutes ago, Borex said:

So what could they have as accessories?

kermit - the lute from the next regular cmf wave? Robin as a Throg-fig?

Miss Piggy - lip-stick? A comb?

Statler and Waldorf - witty remarks printed as a sign to hold up? 
Rawlf - the music of ‘Together again’ on a tile?

Fozzie - hopefully a rubber-chicken mould

Bunsen and Beaker - just some bunsens and beakers? 
Gonzo - a trumpet with a flag in it? Camilla the chicken?

Swedish Chef - printed carrots? Printed pumpkin?

Janice - just a saxophone

Animal - some drumsticks (magic wands) and maybe a chain?

I rather hope Fozzie comes with the shepherd’s crook - to hook him offstage. 

4 minutes ago, williejm said:

:iamded_lol::iamded_lol: 
(good choice)

Hmm? A list is already out? That’s VERY early but, to be honest, I’m pleased with this list!

16 hours ago, williejm said:

Haha good one!! I will need that shepherd’s crook!!

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmm? A list is already out? That’s VERY early but, to be honest, I’m pleased with this list!

Haha good one!! I will need that shepherd’s crook!!

Waka Waka!

Excellent selection I have to say as someone who’s only familiar with the Muppets through two of the 90s films (Christmas Carol & Treasure Island) and of course all the references and memes on the Internet. This gives me the motivation to finally check out the 2011 and 2014 films, heard a lot of good things about them :laugh:

And this is a worthy replacement for Disney S3. Kermit, Winnie and Pluto were the  characters I wanted to see the most in a potential third series, so thanks to this series, the Winnie Pooh Ideas set, and the 4+ Mickey line, we ended up with an even better deal than what I was hoping for :thumbup: