Borex

71033 LEGO Muppets CMF Series - Rumors & Discussion

I just read there will be a Muppets CMF in april/may 2022. 
Supercool. Which twelve do we think that they will give us?

My hopes: 

1- Kermit (w. banjo)

2- Miss Piggy 

3- Gonzo (w. chicken)

4- Rawlf (w. Piano)

5 - Animal (w. drumsticks)

6- Fozzie (w. rubber chicken)

7- Bunsen (w. flasks)

8- Beaker 

9- Sam the Eagle (w. news bulletin)

10- Swedish Chef (w. food with eyes and mouth) 

11- Statler

12- Waldorf

Dang. I like the Muppets, but I just can't get into the moulded head series of late.

Much like Looney Tunes, all of the Muppet characters have fairly simple designs apart from their heads and simple colour schemes, and coupled with all the new moulds needed for the heads, that means next to no cool generally reusable stuff.

Simpsons was a bit different because their bodies at least could be used in other standard city settings, but with colourful and plain characters like the Muppets, I don't see it.

Oh well, money saved for me.

I posted this in the Disney wishlist thread but I’ll share it here too. This is what I think the roster will end up being.

1. Kermit (with a banjo probably)

2. Miss Piggy

3. Fozzie Bear (with some comedic props like a pie or rubber chicken)

4. Animal

5. Gonzo (with a chicken)

6. Sam the Eagle (with an American flag maybe?)

7. Skeeter

8. Beaker

9. Bunsen

10. Rowlf 

11. Swedish Chef

12. Pepe the King Prawn maybe? (not sure if he’d be too big as a minifig but we did get Tweety Bird for Looney Tunes)

I’d imagine that Rizzo the Rat would be pretty easy to throw in with somebody.

I would love for a Muppet Show and/or Electric Mayhem Bus set to coincide with this release, since we got tie-in sets for the other licensed Disney series (the Castle for Series 1, the Train for Series 2 and the Infinity Saga/What If? sets for the Marvel series) but I see this being more like Looney Tunes where it’s one and done unfortunately. If my roster ends up being correct, then we’d be missing Statler, Waldorf and 4/5 of the Electric Mayhem band.

Edited by The Stud

If they do tie-in sets i hope they’ll go for a pigs in space set too. Space and pigs in one set. What’s not to love. 
btw is Skeeter a female scooter? They need some more females for the equality. But Miss Piggy is not big on sharing. 

23 minutes ago, Borex said:

btw is Skeeter a female scooter? 

I meant to put Scooter lol. I honestly didn’t even know Skeeter existed but she might be a good fit to balance out the males and females in this series.

I’m really hoping for Rowlf.

With the obvious mould investment in heads, I’ve also been thinking about whether any sets might happen. Lego Muppet Christmas Carol D2C anyone? #nocheesesforusmeeses 

I'm excited! 

I wonder if they will also release a "stage" set someday (especially if it sells well). With their Sitcom focus in some sets, the Stage WITH the backstage area would be AMAZING. 

I also REALLY want a Labyrinth set someday. Jareth minifigure? YES, please. 

This has a lot of potential to be great for me.   Man, I loved the Muppets when I was a kid.  Surely they're gonna do Beaker and Bunsen.  Boy, I hope so.

I'd love some of Dr Teeth's band too, I imagine they're a bit less likely...(maybe Animal-he's pretty popular)?

I do really love some of the more minor characters.  I'd dearly love a Crazy Harry figure or a Lew Zealand figure, probably my two favourite Muppet designs....but I doubt it.

I'm actually looking forward to it! 

I wonder if this will be a new trend: one of the series with molded heads

@Borex set number is  71033, in case you want to include it in the title. Also I'd suggest "rumors and discussion" 

Since Monkie Kid is derived from the same source material as Monkey Magic was, with them now going for the Muppets, LEGO are now essentially mainlining my childhood.  Those two show were absolutely my jam.  Pigs in Space used to absolutely crack me up, week in, week out.  Dr Julius Strangepork was astoundingly funny.  Man, if LEGO throw in one of the Pigs in Space team, I'm gold.

Still holding out for that Addams Family set though....

Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rawlf, Animal and Fozzie are like the "main" Muppets. Those will be included for sure. The other 6 are not as obvious I think

I think we'll have another Petunia situation, with female characters included even if they are not as popular as the others. So, my 7th spot would be Janice

7. Janice

Then the rest are just guesses

8. Sam the Eagle

9. Beaker

10. Dr teeth

11. Swedish Chef 

12. Bunsen

I really would have liked Statler and Waldorf, because that is what I aspire to be as an elder, but I don't think so. They are "too human" 

I’m quite excited about Muppet Series myself!

I think the title of this thread should be “The Muppets CMF Series - Rumored and Discussion”. I don’t want us to think it’s 100% confirmed if it doesn’t say “rumored” in that line.

7 hours ago, williejm said:

Lego Muppet Christmas Carol D2C anyone? #nocheesesforusmeeses 

Or Electric Mayhem bus set. 

But Looney Tunes Series doesn’t come wit’s their own set this year :( How come there is Space Jam: a New Legacy but no Lego set. Oh well…

Edited by DBlegonerd7

This would be a dream come true for me if it's true. It's been on my mind fairly often since the reveal of the Sesame Street sets last year. A CMF series is not what I expected, but makes sense with all the new molds that would need to be made. As others have said, a large-scale Muppet Theatre D2C to go along with it would be amazing. :wub:

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I really would have liked Statler and Waldorf, because that is what I aspire to be as an elder,

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If they will release a theatre set at some point (i do hope so) there will be some overlap in characters, so in that case i hope some minor characters will make the cut as well for the cmf as lego needs a few exclusive figures for the theatre (scooter-statler-waldorf maybe?)

And i think i need a Sweetums with Robin to go along with Loki and Throg

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rawlf, Animal and Fozzie are like the "main" Muppets. Those will be included for sure. The other 6 are not as obvious I think

I think we'll have another Petunia situation, with female characters included even if they are not as popular as the others. So, my 7th spot would be Janice

7. Janice

Think this is the correct take tbqh. Also worth noting that, in including Throg with Loki in the Marvel CMF, Lego have broken the pattern of *not* including smaller characters as accessories. Maybe this could apply to Rizzo the rat, for example. 

54 minutes ago, williejm said:

Think this is the correct take tbqh. Also worth noting that, in including Throg with Loki in the Marvel CMF, Lego have broken the pattern of *not* including smaller characters as accessories. Maybe this could apply to Rizzo the rat, for example. 

In that case, I hope so!

it was disappointing that Road Runner and Tweety didn’t come (as “accessories”) with Willie E. Coyote and Sylvester respectively. It was a kinda a waste of space for some fan-favorite character, like Hazel or Granny or Elmer or Sam. Oh well… we will see about Looney Tunes Series 2 in future. :)

15 hours ago, williejm said:

That is actually something I didn't think about before. At first I thought it was a random frog plush, but later I read that is an actual named character....

But yeah, it's true! Now that you mention it, the same applies for the baby crocodile. It's as actual character included as accesory

Now I wonder if they could do that for this Muppets series then

I think it depends a bit on the prominence of the character. If a character is major in their own right, I'd doubt they'll be done as an accessory, as seen in the Looney Tunes series. The Marvel ones are just side characters, and in fact Throg was cut entirely besides a tiny Easter Egg appearance, though LEGO didn't know that.

I already have my Mark Hamill in Empire Bespin gear ready to guest star :-D. I don´t know of any other guests that exist in minifig form as of yet…

7 hours ago, snoozle said:

I already have my Mark Hamill in Empire Bespin gear ready to guest star :-D. I don´t know of any other guests that exist in minifig form as of yet…

It's not the exact version, but the standard Superman minifig could work for the Christopher Reeve episode.