Robert8

TLG looking for a Confidentiality Director, Leak Incident Management

Confidentiality Director, Leak Incident Management

Novelty confidentiality and IP asset protection is something that is relevant and impacts everybody in the organization, ranging from daily work for some, to habits and behaviors of everyone on how we handle novelty information and material. As our new confidentiality director, you will:
• Lead and drive our copy-cat and leak incident management agenda and activities
• Indirectly lead a team of dedicated and highly professional IP asset protection experts with a variety of investigation capabilities and backgrounds from Legal, IT, Security etc.
• Lead the team by example and demonstrate a collaborative and inclusive leadership style
• Excite and energize the team to commit to strategic initiatives and objectives
• Investigate incidents and continuously perform root cause analyses, ensure that leaks and copy-cat activities are being surveilled and that insights and learnings are leveraged to further strengthen our confidentiality efforts across the organization
• Define and communicate confidentiality KPI’s, reports and tradeoffs to key stakeholders, including reporting to senior management and act as the point-of-contact for partner on confidentiality incidents maters

TLG is looking for a Confidentiality Director to manage the leaks

@Falconfan1414 @Itaria No Shintaku @Brick Clicker  Apply now lol

Edited by Robert8

How about hiring people that

• get all the smart electronics stuff aligned? The firmware, the software? It was and it is a >total< mess. Not promoting the people coming up with super smart name tags such as "Spike" or what-so-ever, but folks that know what they are doing? Man. The potential in RCXs, NXTs, EV3s, and then I am losing it - Spike boom bang - has >never ever< been explored and exploited by TLG to the extent "possible". They left it to nerds out there. To people who knew and know what they are doing. Never being hired though, I guess. 
  • generate new, solid patents? And not folks who sue on old stuff?
  • people archiving all that LEGO software stuff? Heck, it is mostly gone into oblivion already ... ABS lasts forever, software for a couple of years only?

When companies rally-up on legal issues (and this is what I take from this post, I may be dead wrong), things have already gone into a totally wrong direction. Not ahead anymore, i.e., leading and pushing the IDEA.

I know, they have to do that. Honestly? Simply be better than others are. And move forward.

Best
Thorsten

Sounds like the old "A solution looking for the problem", only it's the wrong solution. It's not that most "leaks" ever came from some deep underground shelter. They were simply mistakes by sales personnel and openlyvisibly processes related to logistics and distribution. I mean, what do they expect? Some poor sap at Walmart who's been tasked with stocking the shelves to really give any consideration to their "Do not put on shelf before XX" stickers when he's simply following instructions? Similarly, all IP-based "leaks" are just some pretty good guesses or third-parties having prematurely released info or clues. Can't exactly blame a film studio for putting out trailers and then people speculating about sets. This seems for all intents and purposes just weird and as a consumer-oriented organization LEGO should just learn the opposite: Open and effective communication, not playing the hush-hush game and then falling into panic mode with half-assed statements every time something hits ze Interwebs.

Mylenium

Really makes me wonder, how many people are on the payroll, that have nothing at all to do with manufacturing or designing of LEGO products and how much this effects the final cost of sets.

Edited by Johnny1360

Large corporations do take protection of confidential information seriously.  We have annual training on how to handle confidential information.  Everyone has to take and sign off.

5 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Really makes me wonder, how many people are on the payroll, that have nothing at all to do with manufacturing or designing of LEGO products and how much this effects the final cost of sets.

There are the LEGO store staff, customer support folks, finance, IT, HR, legal, etc.