Hi,

It has taken a while, but I can finally present my 1:8 scale Hennessey Venom F5 replica.

51442331603_8ca331ac1a_c.jpg

It has the following features:

- Independent suspension on all wheels
- Working steering wheel
- Scissor doors (operated through HoG gears behind the chairs)
- A 8-DNR sequential gearbox (based on the compact gearbox of @Anto, operated through a HoG behind the rear numberplate)
- A detailed twinturbo V8 engine
- Semi modular build

51442331853_0dac10b3a9_c.jpg

The real thing is quite a curveous animal, so it was a fun challenge to try to replicate those curves with the existing parts. I am especially pleased with the front fenders. Those new triangular panels from the Sian just were perfect for this.

51442828289_8d015d8b43_c.jpg

Speaking of the Sian: I optimized the design towards using the Sian parts. Over three quarters of the parts come from the Sian. If you are interested, instructions are for sale on my website.

It was great fun to design this model and I'd like to thank all the Eurobrickers that helped with their feedback during the design process (and @Ivan_M for the high quality instructions).

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

Wow, good to see it finished! The angles at the front are simply amazing. I enjoyed following the WIP page to see the way you build, I think that was helpful for me at least. Do you perhaps also have a picture of the rear?

Just now, Jerry LEGO Creations said:

Wow, good to see it finished! The angles at the front are simply amazing. I enjoyed following the WIP page to see the way you build, I think that was helpful for me at least. Do you perhaps also have a picture of the rear?

Good to hear you enjoyed the WIP. More photos can be found on Flickr, but here is one of the rear

51442331788_5597458df4_c.jpg

18 minutes ago, GerritvdG said:

Fantastic! I really like this beautiful  creation:pir-love:. The photos are also really high end!  

Thx. The photos are made by Fredric Landragin. He is a real genius with that.

12 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Amazing work once again! Btw the link on your website to the parts list doesn’t work. 

Ah, the list was still private. Should be fixed now.

Congrats on finishing this model! I have enjoyed the WIP topic a lot and I am glad to see it finished finally:pir-thumb: 

The overal looks are great, the rear definitely is my favorite part, despite the many pinholes from the connectors which looks a bit disturbing IMO. I have to nitpick the A-pillars too: the 9L link and soft axle are very far appart which looks a bit odd. Was this compromise made to keep the links attached to the monocoque module? 

Nevertheless, It's an awesome and innovative design and I will definitely dive into the instructions to study some of the mechanisms and buildingtechniques. Thanks for sharing!

Just :wub_drool: !

5 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Ah, the list was still private. Should be fixed now.

The parts list does not include the flexible parts though (flex axles, ribbed hoses, and the like).

21 minutes ago, astyanax said:

The parts list does not include the flexible parts though (flex axles, ribbed hoses, and the like).

Also the linear actuators.

24 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Just :wub_drool: !

2 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Also the linear actuators.

My bad. I used the wrong custom list :wacko:. The link should now be right (and visible): https://rebrickable.com/users/Jeroen Ottens/lists/124358/

Gorgeous design - the curved shapes are an absolute bliss :wub_drool:

The roof looks somewhat weird though - wouldn't using a 2L connector instead of 3L work better to bring the lime A-pillars towards the 9L links, as well as make the curved roof more uniform looking from the front? Or it'd be be too "sunken" in?

5 hours ago, T Lego said:

Congrats on finishing this model! I have enjoyed the WIP topic a lot and I am glad to see it finished finally:pir-thumb: 

The overal looks are great, the rear definitely is my favorite part, despite the many pinholes from the connectors which looks a bit disturbing IMO. I have to nitpick the A-pillars too: the 9L link and soft axle are very far appart which looks a bit odd. Was this compromise made to keep the links attached to the monocoque module? 

Nevertheless, It's an awesome and innovative design and I will definitely dive into the instructions to study some of the mechanisms and buildingtechniques. Thanks for sharing!

46 minutes ago, syclone said:

Gorgeous design - the curved shapes are an absolute bliss :wub_drool:

The roof looks somewhat weird though - wouldn't using a 2L connector instead of 3L work better to bring the lime A-pillars towards the 9L links, as well as make the curved roof more uniform looking from the front? Or it'd be be too "sunken" in?

Actually the black A-pillars were modifed after the photoshoot. In the final model they are more horizontal, following the lime flexaxle more closely. It does lower the stiffness of the roof a bit, because the angle is now shallower, but it doesn't look so weird anymore.

4 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Actually the black A-pillars were modifed after the photoshoot. In the final model they are more horizontal, following the lime flexaxle more closely. It does lower the stiffness of the roof a bit, because the angle is now shallower, but it doesn't look so weird anymore.

Can you include a photo or rendering of this fix? :sweet:

Nice to see this model finally presented! I enjoyed seeing this model progress in the WIP topic. 

The rear is my favourite, you absolutely nailed the tail lights. The doors are also a big highlight for me. The front curves are well done, although the gaps make it look a bit more incomplete compared to the rest of the model. The front lights are also missing that signature bar which defines the shape more, but that is understandably quite hard to replicate.  

Overall great job, always enjoy seeing your models, they've been a big inspiration in the creation of own MOCs too so thank you for that :classic:

And here is my version: 

800x512.jpeg

Yet another build full of surprises, interesting techniques and nice panelwork. I changed a few bits on the front to black because it was just too much lime for my taste. The door mechanism works like a treat. I like that a lot. Although I miss HOG steering and in cabin shifting. I would have preferred HOG steering over HOG shifting personally.

IMG-7483.jpg
IMG-7485.jpg

So I had a lot of lime parts lying around so decided to give this a build before I use the pieces for my next MOC.
I made a few changes to suit my taste...

- Black lip at the front.
- Panels instead of connecters for the front intake area, as well as a little black panel.
- More details to the headlights with the addition of white bars.
- Tried to fill in the gaps at the front a bit more...
- Black bionicle wing behind the door to add the extra detail.
- Added a flex axle inside the rear wheel arches to make the wheels a bit tighter fit.
- Rearranged the flex axles to follow the roof line even more closely.
- Blocked out some of the pin holes in the rear to make it look a bit cleaner.
- Added some detail around the exhaust pipes.
- Few more gap filling in the rear half of the car.
- New seats made out of panels instead of connectors. 
- Fixed some structural weaknesses in the chassis.

Overall definitely a model aimed at looking great on the shelf, but not a real lot mechanically interesting here.

There are some things a really really like but other parts not so much...
- The roofline with the curved panels looks amazing.
- Engine detailing is some of the best, if not the best I've seen.
- Rear taillights are awesome.
- The door hinge is very cleverly achieved, will definitely borrow a similar solution if one of my MOC's require it.
- The details in the dash are clean and well represented, very cool solution for the steering wheel!
- Front suspension layout is very interesting with the layout of the springs. Suspension both front and rear is very responsive.
- Pretty efficient build given the low parts count compared to other 1:8 scale models.

And the not so much...
- Doors get stuck on the surrounding bodywork when opening/closing do to the super tight/flush fit.
- Some of the gears in the gearbox don't seem very well secured...
- The rear drive axles rub a bit on the lower wishbones due to diff being placed quite low in the chassis/arrangement of the rear suspension.
- The linear actuators crash into the #3/4 black panels in the lower dash when the doors are in there fully open state. I only noticed this because I had a time when the end of the actuator got stuck behind the end of the panel. I changed mine to the shorter #1/2 panels, it doesn’t effect the look much and it works a lot better.
- Whilst the front bodywork represent the lines very well the style seems a bit out across the whole model (very closed at the back/mainly panels but more open/gappy/flex axles at the front). I like it a bit more with my changes, but still not 100% happy with it. End of the day this is just personal preference and I'm sure many people will be happy with it the way it is. 

More photos have been uploaded on the rebrickable entry. Thanks for sharing and look forward to what you come up with next. It was a fun build and a definitely learnt a few new things.

Edited by langko

Magnificent! In that Lime Green it looks amazing. Even after our collaboration (for collaboration read: yes, that colour looks good, I love those doors. I play to my strengths 🥴) on the Huyara project I still don’t know how you do it. Excellent work my Friend 👍🏻

On 8/1/2022 at 11:16 AM, langko said:

So I had a lot of lime parts lying around so decided to give this a build before I use the pieces for my next MOC.
I made a few changes to suit my taste...

- Black lip at the front.
- Panels instead of connecters for the front intake area, as well as a little black panel.
- More details to the headlights with the addition of white bars.
- Tried to fill in the gaps at the front a bit more...
- Black bionicle wing behind the door to add the extra detail.
- Added a flex axle inside the rear wheel arches to make the wheels a bit tighter fit.
- Rearranged the flex axles to follow the roof line even more closely.
- Blocked out some of the pin holes in the rear to make it look a bit cleaner.
- Added some detail around the exhaust pipes.
- Few more gap filling in the rear half of the car.
- New seats made out of panels instead of connectors. 
- Fixed some structural weaknesses in the chassis.

Overall definitely a model aimed at looking great on the shelf, but not a real lot mechanically interesting here.

There are some things a really really like but other parts not so much...
- The roofline with the curved panels looks amazing.
- Engine detailing is some of the best, if not the best I've seen.
- Rear taillights are awesome.
- The door hinge is very cleverly achieved, will definitely borrow a similar solution if one of my MOC's require it.
- The details in the dash are clean and well represented, very cool solution for the steering wheel!
- Front suspension layout is very interesting with the layout of the springs. Suspension both front and rear is very responsive.
- Pretty efficient build given the low parts count compared to other 1:8 scale models.

And the not so much...
- Doors get stuck on the surrounding bodywork when opening/closing do to the super tight/flush fit.
- Some of the gears in the gearbox don't seem very well secured...
- The rear drive axles rub a bit on the lower wishbones due to diff being placed quite low in the chassis/arrangement of the rear suspension.
- The linear actuators crash into the #3/4 black panels in the lower dash when the doors are in there fully open state. I only noticed this because I had a time when the end of the actuator got stuck behind the end of the panel. I changed mine to the shorter #1/2 panels, it doesn’t effect the look much and it works a lot better.
- Whilst the front bodywork represent the lines very well the style seems a bit out across the whole model (very closed at the back/mainly panels but more open/gappy/flex axles at the front). I like it a bit more with my changes, but still not 100% happy with it. End of the day this is just personal preference and I'm sure many people will be happy with it the way it is. 

More photos have been uploaded on the rebrickable entry. Thanks for sharing and look forward to what you come up with next. It was a fun build and a definitely learnt a few new things.

Always nice to see an accomplished builder as yourself taking on someone else's model and improving on it. Thanks for the kind words as well.