Sign in to follow this  
metalgeekzy

Best place to buy legos in bulk?

15 minutes ago, metalgeekzy said:

Lets say i wanted to buy 100 1x4 white bricks. WHere would be the best place, if any, where i can do that?

(Lego bricks, not Legos :wink:)

Best place to buy Lego bricks in general is BrickLink. You could use BrickOwl, though i didn't find it that comfortable to me. It's a personal preference really. :pir-thumb:

You also could order directly from LEGO (usually a bit more expensive, but you earn VIP points if that matters) through Pick a Brick or Bricks & Pieces on their site.

I second the above suggestions for BrickLink, Brick Owl, and LEGO.com.  (...and that "legos" is technically incorrect :wink:)

It seems like recently I have found pretty good availability and pricing on LEGO Bricks & Pieces (B&P) especially since The LEGO Group (TLG) offers VIP points and free promotional sets at certain price points.  Due to recent markets and seeming surge in demand, second-hand prices have climbed in the last year or so to be almost at the same price as B&P, though B&P used to be typically more expensive.

The official sites, Bricks and Pieces and Pick a Brick, as well as Bricklink are all good. The first two I prefer as the postage is calculatable. B&P is sometimes more expensive with some parts than PaB but has more range (foliage pieces being a good example. It depends what you are after, most licensed parts are only available on Bricklink and the Third Party sites.

I don't normally buy parts, unless one time, I helped a friend of mine to buy it because he was out of town. The best price I could find in local shops was about $0.5 (USD) for one piece of 1x4 it was the best price I could find locally. I don't know about BL because their shipping cost is often too high and I am worried that their bricks aren't authentic

2 hours ago, ks6349 said:

I don't normally buy parts, unless one time, I helped a friend of mine to buy it because he was out of town. The best price I could find in local shops was about $0.5 (USD) for one piece of 1x4 it was the best price I could find locally. I don't know about BL because their shipping cost is often too high and I am worried that their bricks aren't authentic

If you buy from a highly reputable seller, you're not getting fake bricks.

Before Covid19, I found the Pick A Brick Wall at the LEGO store the best if the piece is available and you take the time to pack as many pieces as possible into the PAB cups.

I am right now putting together a order at the lego store. Is there a way to order a minifig? Or at least parts for a specific minifig? I really want a r2-d2 minifig but i cant seem to push the right buttons to find just a minifig. 

21 minutes ago, metalgeekzy said:

I am right now putting together a order at the lego store. Is there a way to order a minifig? Or at least parts for a specific minifig? I really want a r2-d2 minifig but i cant seem to push the right buttons to find just a minifig. 

No, you can't order just an R2-D2 minifig from lego. You can buy unlicensed parts on pick a brick or the replacement parts service. Occasionally single licensed parts show up but rarely enough to put together whole minifigs.

Alrighty. Might be a stupid question, but. How do i add the pick a brick bag to shopping cart? Yes, i have an account. Yes, i am logged in. 
I am doing this from my phone, if that matters. But i have also switched to desktop mode. But i cant seem to find the way to add bag to shopping cart. 
Do i have to many/few items? I have 96 items. 

On 9/16/2021 at 5:22 PM, metalgeekzy said:

Explore www.bricklink.com It will be your best friend. It is a peer to peer Lego Buying and Selling Platform. You can find any minifig, any set, any part, any quantity, and any quality, easily. It connects buyers and sellers. It was originally created by a Lego fan who was also an amazing coder. I believe he passed away a number of years ago. Most recently Lego themselves bought and operate the site. Once you figure it out you will be able to get any parts you wish easily and typically much cheaper than buying them from Lego Bricks and Pieces service. And generally much faster. 

All good answers regarding a large amount of specific pieces. If you want to build up a large collection of assorted bulk I have had good luck on Facebook Marketplace, Nextdoor, and Craigslist. Often involves a lot of sorting out junk though.

My experience is to buy locally, from time to time there are parents who are selling out their children's toy because they have grown, their prices are often great. Someone in a local forum sold me 20kg of Lego bricks for approx. $140 if converted to usd, he drove with it to my home.

Edited by ks6349