Rheini

Batterie "Longues sur Mer"

Hi,

I have squeezed my brain for weeks to rebuild the battery Longes sur Mer. Not easy with these angles, overhangs etc. 
Now it's almost perfect, but I want your vote.
What do you think, which roof version fits better to the historical original? Right, left, with the front of roof tiles or without?

Greetings, Rheini

Longues - Kopie.jpg

IMG_0819 - Kopie 1.JPG

IMG_0816 - Kopie.JPG

IMG_0816 - Kopie.JPG

Edited by Rheini

@Rheini That is a nice build with some interesting details for the scale.  I like your use of facet bricks, as it makes a near-perfect match to the side-walls of the actual structure.  This is one time where the notches in the angled edge of wedge or round plates/bricks to fit studs actually match the real structure as the little openings/windows in the top.

For posting images to EuroBricks, you will need a separate image-hosting site/account (such as Flickr, BrickshelfImgur, etc.).  There are tutorials for this in the Forum Help section, such as this one for Flickr.

Very realistic! :thumbup: The corners and edges are reproduced almost perfectly. Here is a pill of history: probably the landing in Normandy would have failed if it had not been for the sabotage operations conducted by the allied forces parachuted in the previous days in the French territory to disable the supply routes to the coast, especially blocking the bridges of the roads leading there.

Here is a youtube Video Tuturial of buildig it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1kmyMsfuxw&lc=UgxHhy1QtCAZV8Njsgx4AaABAg