sixf00t4

minifig corn cobs?

I just got back from LEGOLAND New York, and there are multiple pictures and videos of the corn cob guy CMF holding corn cobs!  At first, I thought I must have forgotten that was a piece, but upon further research, the minifigure corn cob does not exist.  I didn't snap a picture there, and I can't seem to find one online either.  What's strange is that that series of CMF ran with the question "Who stole my corn???" as if they wanted to draw attention to the corn cob guy not having the corn cob...anyone have any more information about where the corn cob accessory is and why it wasn't included and why it exists in legoland?

4 hours ago, metalgeekzy said:

Corncob Minifig
Found him on amazon

I think OP is talking about a piece that a minifigure could hold, like the carrot, rather than the large costume piece that goes over the figure. Anyway should have taken a picture!

In the meantime enjoy this giant corn guy I found while searching:

240685832_281052927159523_6853099254191636406_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=E7gDByOX-EUAX97BLmj&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=96a4340a1527bae3f0c955e667024309&oe=61511870

In the fairly recent Disney set Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck's Farm (10775), the ears of corn are depicted by 1 x 1 x 2 cones in yellow. See picture below. I’m not aware of a specific System corn piece.

10775_alt3.jpg

Edited by AmperZand

2 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I’m not aware of a specific System corn piece.

I think that's what OP means- there was a System corn-on-the-cob piece depicted that has not been released.

sixf00t4 - Did you get a good look at it, and was it for sure a System food accessory?  I've seen Corn Cob Guy depicted with something like the above made from a plant stem piece and a few 1x1 round yellow tiles that at a glance might have looked like something more elaborate, but it would be awesome to see something more interesting!

Oh, here's an example:

20191127112035_1.jpg

23 hours ago, sixf00t4 said:

What's strange is that that series of CMF ran with the question "Who stole my corn???" as if they wanted to draw attention to the corn cob guy not having the corn cob

I am very sure that this campain is in relation to the back of the leaflet showing another minifig stealing his corn suit.  There has never been a corn mold other than that suit, nothing like the hotdog & bun.  As some others have mentioned there are a few standard ways a corn is depicted via brick-builds.

LEGO-Minifigures-Series-17-Instruction-L

Possibly, they made graphics and included a corn cob part that is only a 3D computer model and not a real part. Who knows, it could have been an idea that never got made for the CMF?

I am back with photographic evidence!!!  He's depicted in the city movie at LEGOLAND NY as well as the screen in the queue line outside the theatre!

CornCobGuysCornCobInMovie.png

corncobguyscorncobqueue1.png

the site will only upload pics less than 100kb, which won't be useful here...

http://sixf00t4.com/lego/CornCobGuysCornCobInMovie.png[/img]

Edited by sixf00t4

3 hours ago, sixf00t4 said:

the site will only upload pics less than 100kb, which won't be useful here.

EB isn't an image hosting site. If you upload to another site like Imgur or Flickr, you can link them here.

1 minute ago, Peppermint_M said:

EB isn't an image hosting site. If you upload to another site like Imgur or Flickr, you can link them here.

I added them to my own hosting, but doesn't look like there's a working tag functionality...

@sixf00t4, I’m sure that the corn piece in the pictures you linked to doesn’t currently exist as a LEGO part. That’s not to say it isn’t in the works (it could be), but it isn’t a piece at the time of writing.

Thanks for the pictures by the way :thumbup:

Edited by AmperZand

11 hours ago, sixf00t4 said:

I added them to my own hosting, but doesn't look like there's a working tag functionality...

Odd, if you get the perma-link and paste it into the post box, the forum software should convert it to an image:

zahswime7o731.jpg

On 9/8/2021 at 3:12 PM, deraven said:

I think that's what OP means- there was a System corn-on-the-cob piece depicted that has not been released.

sixf00t4 - Did you get a good look at it, and was it for sure a System food accessory?  I've seen Corn Cob Guy depicted with something like the above made from a plant stem piece and a few 1x1 round yellow tiles that at a glance might have looked like something more elaborate, but it would be awesome to see something more interesting!

Oh, here's an example:

20191127112035_1.jpg

From my experience, another decent option for an ear of corn is a stack of the 1x1 five-petal flower plates (part 24866) in a color like Bright Yellow or Flame Yellowish Orange. It's similar to the build you shared, but adds a little more texture to represent individual corn kernels.

That said, compared to other LEGO fruit and vegetable pieces like apples, pumpkins, and carrots, I'm not sure if there would be any sort of "ear of corn" build, let alone a specific "ear of corn" piece, that works equally well for a cooked ear of corn at a restaurant or dinner table, and one still growing on a cornstalk in a farm or garden environment. That may be one reason why LEGO hasn't introduced a specific piece for minifigure-scale ears of corn even after all these years.

20 hours ago, Aanchir said:

From my experience, another decent option for an ear of corn is a stack of the 1x1 five-petal flower plates (part 24866) in a color like Bright Yellow or Flame Yellowish Orange. It's similar to the build you shared, but adds a little more texture to represent individual corn kernels.

Ah yes, that would work.  I can't say I've had occasion to want to make one, but maybe I'll add a few to a Thanksgiving build this year.  :classic:

8 hours ago, sixf00t4 said:

I assume it’s the same part that is in the set? If so that’s cool & odd(or maybe not, this is the first time I’ve heard of this happening) that a new part has shown up in this fashion.