Hi everyone!!

Since I started building bikes I've been trying to figure out a way of using the biggest wheels available paired with good performances and have a result that actually resembles a bike.
Turns out that the dear old XL motor has the perfect torque for the job.
The chain works great except the fact that under certain circumstances it tends to come off, a disc in front of the rear gear fixes it.
I haven't shot a video just yet due to total lack of time but here are some pictures :) I hope you'll like it!

1024-3.jpg
1024-4.jpg
1024-5.jpg
1024-6.jpg
1024-1.jpg
1024-2.jpg

Edited by piterx

This is a great iteration of your bikes!  The BuWizz is much more integrated into the build here.  Looking forward to the video!

An excellent example of how to make a recognizable look of the model using the minimum amount of details. The elements of the electric jacket are perfectly integrated into the design! I would like to see him in motion.

@piterx was kind enough to give me a preview of this one some weeks ago.

On the last thread there was a feedback that being a self balancing motorcycle wasn't cool enough, the model needed to be a model of something. Also it needed more details and a mudguard.

@Mechbuilds also said how about if it could be an e-bike, to "explain" the bulk of battery in the middle of the bike.

Well, I've had a shot at modelling a 2015+ KTM e-SM.

ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1).gif

There are obvious limitations from building it in Lego, such as Lego tyres having an unrealistically low profile (scale is pretty well correct to the wheel rims but not the tyres), and servos needing a lot of space, but other than that I'm quite pleased how it turned out. What do you guys think?

Unfortunately I also have no video of driving it either, as I need an 8L gear rack for the steering and don't have one.

Edited by amorti

Awesome work here! I love the simplicity and efficiency of the design. Little part usage and yet all necessary functions and details are present:thumbup:

@piterx

Best so far! Love the symmetrical look and clean lines.
Just make sure to reuplaod the images to allowed size (max is 1024).

38 minutes ago, Milan said:

@piterx

Best so far! Love the symmetrical look and clean lines.
Just make sure to reuplaod the images to allowed size (max is 1024).

uh i'm sorry about that! i will have to rescale them then!

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments by the way :) tomorrow i'll try to shoot a video so you can see it in motion!

Video up guys :)
Sorry for the rushed footage but i really have little time to do other stuff than working lately :/

The bike handles quite well but compared to the others is definitely the one that has the worst performances/handling
I'll try to make one with two L motors sacrificing the looks a bit but at least it should be better :D

6 minutes ago, Milan said:

Now when we have a video, we can frontpage it!

dude thank you really much!! <3

Haha that is awesome!! I've seen the video and yet still somehow can't quite believe what I'm seeing... An rc technic bike! Can you choose what way it steers? I'm guessing you slow it down to make it start turning as the balance goes, and keep the power on to go in a straight line? If you can choose what way it steers, how? I see nothing that clarifies how. 

Very well done on making such a cool rc bike at such a small size, successfully! 

1 minute ago, Fuppylodders said:

Haha that is awesome!! I've seen the video and yet still somehow can't quite believe what I'm seeing... An rc technic bike! Can you choose what way it steers? I'm guessing you slow it down to make it start turning as the balance goes, and keep the power on to go in a straight line? If you can choose what way it steers, how? I see nothing that clarifies how. 

Very well done on making such a cool rc bike at such a small size, successfully! 

Thank you dude! Basically the battery is connected to the servo through a steering rack, so it slides one stud out to the left or to the right, that unbalances the bike into the direction you're trying to turn and the bike starts turning :)

2 minutes ago, piterx said:

Thank you dude! Basically the battery is connected to the servo through a steering rack, so it slides one stud out to the left or to the right, that unbalances the bike into the direction you're trying to turn and the bike starts turning :)

That's awesome! Can't even tell! Extremely well pulled off :thumbup:

I am just in awe...and i wheight my every word here.

What's the best in this model? its perfect build where every single pin is just in its right place?

Or is it the fact that this thing is realy one functional RC bike? 

Or is it the overall design? Speeking of that i wouldn't had pay a cent if someone told me " i will built a RC bike with a XL motor and an balancing battery box and trust me it will work"

In fact i probably had laugh and pass my way.

But you did it.

And your video makes my day.

Thanks for sharing this.

Steph.

Edited by steph77

As impressive as the other bike regarding the balancing, yet on a whole another level regarding looks and resemblance to a real bike. Might give a shot building it as have all the basic essentials  :sweet:

Bravo:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

3 hours ago, steph77 said:

I am just in awe...and i wheight my every word here.

What's the best in this model? its perfect build where every single pin is just in its right place?

Or is it the fact that this thing is realy one functional RC bike? 

Or is it the overall design? Speeking of that i wouldn't had pay a cent if someone told me " i will built a RC bike with a XL motor and an balancing battery box and trust me it will work"

In fact i probably had laugh and pass my way.

But you did it.

And your video makes my day.

Thanks for sharing this.

Steph.

I fully agree. I never thought that it would be that simple!

I hope Lego will pick up the idea for future sets. We need more RC sets! And you showed the world how easy it could be.

Congrats!

PS: know I want an RC Batbike 

Thank you Piterx for such a great model! Had a blast driving it around (even with a "dumb" 90-0-90 servo and a crappy touch screen). 

From reverse-engineering the model off the renders: impressive rigidity from such few amount of parts, really incredible what has been accomplished - and everything fits like a glove, from the XL motor to the panels. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sorry for crappy photo and boring colour-sheme, but already took it apart, now experimenting with a bike basing it on your ideas :sweet: 

dsc_0930.jpg

Edited by syclone