Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - Faction Flavours] Sentry Post, Port Wilks

At small sentry post guarding the temporary quay at Port Wilks:

Sentry: I don't understand?

Customs Agent: What is there not to understand? The ETWC takes a payment in goods for every import into the settlement. It is really quite simple. Take this grain for example, the company claims a ten percent tithe. So that merchant was importing twenty sacks.

Sentry: But ten percent of twenty is 2 sacks? We took 5.

Customs Agent: Yes of course, but you forgot to include the fee for using this fine wharf.

Sentry: It's falling down!

Customs Agent: Hmmph, it is functional no?

Sentry: What is the fee then?

Customs Agent: I determined it to be one sack.

Sentry: Ok, so that is two for the company and one for the colonial administration. Who are the other two for?

Customs Agent: Ahh, glad you asked. That is a 'processing fee', for the customs representative of course.

Sentry: That is outrageous!

Customs Agent: (quite perturbed) How do you figure"

Sentry: Why you quite forgot the 'Security fee'! For the guards who diligently protect your important personage.

Customs Agent: Oh, well 1 and a half sacks 'processing fee', half a sack 'security fee'?

Sentry: (looks stern, shifts grip on musket) The processing fee is one sack.

Customs Agent: Deal.

Another typical day in Eslandola!

51430306362_32fa306abb_c.jpg

Inspiration should be clear! A small commerce for the ETWC in Port Wilks. Only one use of the sack... I thought about tying up the merchant with a sack on his head inside the post, but wasn't really sure how that fit in the story! My only other thought for the sacks were as coconuts on a palm tree, but I decided to stay true to the source material which didn't include a palm tree. It's a tricky piece to use in multiple ways - or maybe I just lack imagination!

A build for the current mini challenge, but not to be included in judging please. I'd like to exclude myself from this competition.

Nice build! I love it! Has strong classic pirate vibes. Lots of details for such a small footprint

Did two gold elements make it in?

23 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Nice build! I love it! Has strong classic pirate vibes. Lots of details for such a small footprint

Did two gold elements make it in?

Crap! I forgot that part! Will have to reshoot!

Funny story and nice build. The ETWC Profiteering Company! Good idea how the ladder was built.

:pir-laugh:  Enjoyed the dialogue, quite fun.  Love the ridiculously oversized doors too... I hope there's not much furniture or anything in there. :pir_laugh2:  Great build, definitely screaming Eslandola!

Thanks everyone - uploaded the modified image, this time with gold pieces included - thanks Evan!

On 9/8/2021 at 5:54 AM, blackdeathgr said:

So, Noone will Comment the use of fleshies in one of Ayrlego's builds? :pir-laugh:

It happens from time to time!

:pir-grin: Very Eslandolan!  Love those huge green doors and the colorscheme in general - feels very Elos-like!  Not quite sure I approve of the fleshies, but... :pir_laugh2:  Nice job!