Sign in to follow this  
Th4ho

[MOD] Defender 42110 chassis with motorization & gearbox

This is my MOD chassis for the LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender 42110 with motorization using PF motors.

Features:

- fully RC for driving, steering and gear selection

- working V8 fake engine

- driving by 2 PF L-motors

- steering by PF servo motor

- 2-speed gearbox (LO/HI), controlled by PF M-motor

- AWD with a centre differential, including differential lock

- the centre differential lock is auto engaged by the LO gear

I hope you enjoy the video :-.)

Edited by Th4ho

Hi,

Welcome to Eurobricks.

This is cool because you didnt do what everyone else does and that is just rip out the engine and gearbox.

Does the shift lever work manually with it being hooked up to a sevo motor, or is it only movable using the motor itself?

If its only movable using the motor you could (if you wanted) make some more space for future mods by taking out the shift lever and probably a bunch of other stuff.

I have yet to build and mod this sets chassis actually, I kinda forgot how good it is.

7 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Good work!

These mods would probably add a lot of play value to the original set!

Thanks! ^_.^

5 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Hi,

Welcome to Eurobricks.

This is cool because you didnt do what everyone else does and that is just rip out the engine and gearbox.

Does the shift lever work manually with it being hooked up to a sevo motor, or is it only movable using the motor itself?

If its only movable using the motor you could (if you wanted) make some more space for future mods by taking out the shift lever and probably a bunch of other stuff.

I have yet to build and mod this sets chassis actually, I kinda forgot how good it is.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments!

The lever cannot be shifted manually, as the gear shifter (35188) is used. Its main function is to indicate the gear position and make the interior looks more realistic.

Yes, this set is very good for mod-ing. I enjoy it very much and a bunch of ideas come after the other when I mod the chassis.