Lego David

[MOC] Assault Tiger (Marvel Mech Style)

So, after reading Mr.Monopoly's review of Uplink and Sentry, I realized how much LEGO’s set design style has changed over the years. I thought to myself, if those two sets were released today, they would without a doubt be designed in the same style as the current Marvel mechs. While not a particularly big fan of this style myself, I still tried out remaking the Assault Tiger in this style, just to see what it would look like.

IMG_20210906_101237

Here is a comparison between it and the Monkie Kid mini mech that came as a side build in the Bone Demon set (I used this as a template for my MOC):

IMG_20210906_101421

IMG_20210906_101958

IMG_20210906_101711

Hope you all like it! Any sort of comments or feedback are highly appreciated.

Not a bad idea. (Even if I prefer the Nexo Knights torso design for this scale of mechs.)

Also your bone demon mech came with a gold nexo knights chestpiece?

3 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Also your bone demon mech came with a gold nexo knights chestpiece?

No, it didn't, I just used  the yellow chest piece for the MOC, and replaced the Monkie Kid one with a gold one.

Hm... this is neat! Sadly, it loses some of my favorite distinctive features of the original Assault Tiger (the extremely bulky shin guards and the fully enclosed trans-orange cockpit windscreen). I also feel like it could afford a little more dark red since with only the stripes and drone/cannon being that color, the yellow starts to feel slightly too dominant. Still, despite an almost 15 year difference in the types of parts and building techniques used, it does manage to capture that Exo-Force feel!

2 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Hm... this is neat! Sadly, it loses some of my favorite distinctive features of the original Assault Tiger (the extremely bulky shin guards and the fully enclosed trans-orange cockpit windscreen). I also feel like it could afford a little more dark red since with only the stripes and drone/cannon being that color, the yellow starts to feel slightly too dominant. Still, despite an almost 15 year difference in the types of parts and building techniques used, it does manage to capture that Exo-Force feel!

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your feedback!