This recovery service truck is almost a mini version of 42008 but fully RC for driving. 

It has manually operated winch and rear wheel lift although use similar parts from 42008. 

It is a mini because of the length which is half of 42008. 

The chassis, wheels, color scheme, doors and seats have been changed as well. 

Thanks for your support. 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-86760/zumaidi/24-7-recovery-service-truck/#details

1000x800.jpg?1630804441.424486

Edited by zumaidi
Grammar

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

How exactly is the RC driving supposed to work with a C+ hub? Are you using a pre-existing C+ profile?

Thanks for your feedback. 

Sorry. I don't quite understand your questions. 

Can you explain a little bit? 

Thanks again. 

3 minutes ago, M_longer said:

You are still doing it? Making instructions without basic knowledge about mechanisms?

Yes I am still enjoy doing MOC. 

Can you clarify which parts that I have made you said so? 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

How exactly is the RC driving supposed to work with a C+ hub? Are you using a pre-existing C+ profile?

You can use Brick Controller 2.

22 minutes ago, zumaidi said:

Can you clarify which parts that I have made you said so? 

How does your truck steer?

24 minutes ago, M_longer said:

I see. I think I got it.

Sorry that my 1st. post did not detail out on the RC driving. 

This MOC uses 2 Powered Up motors - 1 for steer and 1 for drive. And also a battery hub which is hidden inside the cabin. 

I use Powered Up Control + app to control the driving. 

The parts are listed on my Rebrickable page. 

On the same page, there are some photos from Studio app, my own photos of the MOC, a video and also a link to 3D model created at Sketchfab. 

I hope I have answered the questions to your satisfaction. 

Sorry again. Next time, I will provide more details on my post. 

Thanks for your valuable feedback and attention. 

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Based on M_longer's post, you might be referring to the motors. It uses 2 Powered Up motors and 2 battery hub. I use the existing Control + app (c+) profile for Off Road Buggy set 42124. 

I hope that clarified

Sorry for making you confused with the photo. More details are available at Rebrickable.com. I put the link there. 

Thank you again. 

Add text 

41 minutes ago, suffocation said:

You can use Brick Controller 2.

Thanks. In this MOC I use Powered Up motors and hub. Controlled by Control + app. 

I guess you ones can use other motors and hub but I am not sure whether the size will fit onto the chassis. 

42 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Yes, but did he have that in mind when designing this?

Yes, adding motors for steer and drive is the 1st thing in my mind when designing it because 42008 doesn't have motors for that purpose. 

Thanks. 

42 minutes ago, suffocation said:

I don't think it'd matter.

It is OK. It was my mistake not to clearly explain about this on my 1st post. I assumed putting a link to my Rebrickable page was sufficient. 

Edited by zumaidi
Add text

38 minutes ago, M_longer said:

I'm going out on a limb here because I had the same question though. Steering shaft between the L motors then possibly two sixteen tooth gears. Which would give some slop and not the greatest return to center. 

13 minutes ago, brickless_kiwi said:

I'm going out on a limb here because I had the same question though. Steering shaft between the L motors then possibly two sixteen tooth gears. Which would give some slop and not the greatest return to center. 

here is the screenshot of the steering parts

1280x768.png

Here is the photo of the chassis

800x450.png

30 minutes ago, zumaidi said:

Yes, adding motors for steer and drive is the 1st thing in my mind when designing it because 42008 doesn't have motors for that purpose.

Not what I was asking, but my question's been answered in one of your other responses.

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Not what I was asking, but my question's been answered in one of your other responses.

Opps sorry. I am glad the I have answered your question.

1 hour ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Not to mention the fact that there's no clutch gear to protect the motor in case of oversteer. As the model uses the 42124 C+ profile, I'm not sure whether or not that would be a factor.

9 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Not to mention the fact that there's no clutch gear to protect the motor in case of oversteer. As the model uses the 42124 C+ profile, I'm not sure whether or not that would be a factor.

Thank you for the observation. 

When I tested it, there was no issue of oversteer. 

Once I run the Control + app, it will check the steering calibration. It passed that point. And then it can be played as normal. 

Based on my knowledge so far, it the steering is not well constructed, it will fail the calibration process. I also used a custom setting 

on the Control + app. It also passed the calibration. A bad design will cause the motor keep running. 

But I appreciate if you can help me to improve the design. 

Thanks 

Btw, this is the video of the first draft of the MOC. I have rectified few issues after that. 

7 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Looks like the front tyres are rubbing against the chassis when at full steer.

Yes you are right. 

I did not securely fix the cabin onto the chassis yet at that time. 

I have already rectified the issue. And also changed the last row of wheels from single axle to independent axle for each wheel. Sorry I don't know the correct terms for that. 

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. 

2 hours ago, zumaidi said:

1280x768.png

I can see no bracing to the top. There is a lot of this design that either needs replanning. It's not a bad moc. Fun certainly but I'd have another crack at it to iron out the bugs.

8 minutes ago, brickless_kiwi said:

I can see no bracing to the top. There is a lot of this design that either needs replanning. It's not a bad moc. Fun certainly but I'd have another crack at it to iron out the bugs.

The design is actually the original 42008 front row steering. 

I just made minor change. Anyway, I will look into it for further improvements. 

Thanks 

800x1778.jpg

Seeing as you have a huge amount of space at the rear, between the rearmost axle, I'm not sure why you've decided to package the motors side by side?

Visually, I also think a couple of studs more wheelbase would help with proportions.

3 minutes ago, zumaidi said:

The design is actually the original 42008 front row steering. 

I just made minor change. Anyway, I will look into it for further improvements. 

Thanks 

You don't have the 9 lgb beam on top. Hence your axles will splay out.

To gain space make your leading drive axle the lazy one and the rear axle driven and you could move the motors further back in your moc. 

Why 2 motors side by side at front and why more vacant space at the rear ?

Actually I planned to put another function which is a tag axle - the last row wheel that can be up lifted up. The function was supposed to use pneumatic. It has its own motor, pump and cylinder ( from the 42008 set) . But it did not work out as planned. All of them will make the set heavier. I need to get a more powerful pump, cylinder and a PU motor for this to happen.

Thanks @Brickend and @brickless_kiwi.

watch the video of the tag axle -