Sign in to follow this  
Richfilth

10183 - any concurrent builds?

I've finally got my hands on a 10183 (Factory Train), and I'm digging through the .LDD files to understand all the models.

I just wondered if it's possible to build more than one of the models at once? I know a few of the builds have multiple sections (Build 25, for example, is a complete train), but are there enough bricks left over from, say, Build 09 (black steam loco) to then build the caboose as well (Build 02)?

It is almost impossible indeed to make more than one model. You could try building it in Studio first of course so then you see exactly what you need.

I own it as well and there are definitely some that you can build at the same time. I remember really liking the long flat-bed and building alongside maybe an engine?

While I'm here. I have pdfs of the instructions, but they're pretty inscrutable. Can I still find LDD and the files for each of the models online?

I don't think you can build more models at the same time, but with some extra purchase on bricklink, for some models just a few pieces are enough to make some more creations.

I personally built the: 3, 5, 7, 28 models and the last wagon of the 25 model at the same time

hobby-001.jpg

I still have the digital instructions for all these. They came with LDD in like 2007 iirc!

I sold the set couple of years ago (iam an idiot), but i remember this caboose i made, which is mostly based on one of the 30 models.

I still have those yellow hand rails. Maybe i should rebuild it again...

YUKULxd.jpg

Edited by Polarlicht