Sign in to follow this  
Frostbite

Small Spanish Ship

thindexedgif.gif 53a

I like Pirate LEGO, but I don't have a ship. So I tought, why can't I make one myself?

It didn't turn out exactly as I wanted to, but it's good for a begin. I normally only MOC vignettes and stuff.

shp-002.jpg_thumb.jpg shp-001.jpg_thumb.jpg shp-003.jpg_thumb.jpg shp-004.jpg_thumb.jpg

I used a head from Knight's Kingdom (The old one), because it looked spanish, for both minifigs.

It isn't historicaly accurate, nor does it look like it's from the Spanish Armada, but I had to do it with the parts I have.

Most of my pictures were bad, so I didn't include them. I might take a few new one's later.

It's great that you're posting in the good forum :thumbup:

:pir-wink:

You don't always need to go for realism.

According to ZCerberus, it's also good to go for a cool looking ship. :pir-grin:

I like the coloring of the ship. However, i'd move main mast a little forward.

If you'd like to see some other ships with the same bow piece, there was a contest here recently for ships like yours.

Here's the link. fixed the link

I've added your ship to the Index of MOC Ships.

Um, the link doesn't work.

And I've tried moving the mast forward, but I messed my whole model up. I'm now in the proces of rebuilding it to it's orignal way.

I'm gonna take a few pictures of it soon, and then I'll take it apart and I'm going to try a totally new design of the ship. A bit less red and a way to access the inside.

Thats a nice little boat and is good for a first attempt :pir-sweet: . You and me are very much alike, in the fact that neither of us has an offical Lego Pirate ship so we built our own. I like the colour scheme and the crew that your boat has as well as te front portion of the ship. However I think that the back is way to high in coralation with the rest of the ship lowering it a bit by about two to four bricks would really help improve the look of your ship, also as phred suggested moving the mast up a bit would help make the ship a bit better :pir-classic: .

I haven't tought of a name yet...Perhaps Parvulo.

It means Small in Spanish, which would suit the ship.

I like Pirate LEGO, but I don't have a ship. So I tought, why can't I make one myself?

Now that's the spirit! :thumbup:

I haven't tought of a name yet...Perhaps Parvulo.

It means Small in Spanish, which would suit the ship.

Parvulo doesn't sound bad. And it suits the ship well too, but wouldn't you want a more terrifying name for this seemingly war-ship?

A war-ship without cannons? This is more like a personal ship to the conquistador. Perhaps a small ship accompanied by large war-ships on an expedition.

Something small to continue a voyage over rivers, or to go closer to land than a normal ship can.

I think of it more as a sloop, but for richer people.

It didn't turn out exactly as I wanted to, but it's good for a begin.

How did you want it to turn out Frostbite? What part of this splendid watercraft doesn't look as you intended?

I normally only MOC vignettes and stuff.

You got many Pirate Vignettes hidden away somewhere?