Hello guys.

I want to present you my first MOC. I like Lego, I like American trucks, I decided to combine these two hobbies. I was inspired by the legendary Peterbilt 379.

• Features:
    • opening engine hood
    • opening doors
    • HOG steering with working steering wheel in the cabin
    • V8 fake engine with moving pistons

It took me 3 months to work on the model. I redid many of the details several times and it was a very valuable experience. I am happy with the result.

Instruction at Rebrickable:https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-86136/efgen86/classic-us-truck/#details

P.S. I do not speak English. I use translator.

truck.pngtruck_7.png

truck_4.png

truck%20funkcional_2.png

truck%201_2.png

12 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Heck of a rig! I like the use of the slanted panels for the sleeper.

I used what was available. I agree, it turned out well.

Looks nice!
But perhaps even better if you use the new, narrower tires from the VW T2 set?

5 minutes ago, Tenderlok said:

Looks nice!
But perhaps even better if you use the new, narrower tires from the VW T2 set?

The 14mm wheels look really cool. But unfortunately I don't have them in stock.

4 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Very nice technic truck.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Rebel_Lego said:

Very nice! The bull horns on the front are definitely my favourite detail. 

Thanks. I saw the idea with horns from another designer. But
  I made them my way.

9 minutes ago, mpj said:

I like the trucks in this scale, and this one is very well done!

Thanks. I consider this scale to be optimal. I'm going to build more trucks with 49 wheels. I have a lot of ideas for this.

Edited by efgen86

4 hours ago, allanp said:

Very nice rig. Have you also built it out of real pieces?

Thanks. Yes.1280x961.jpgIMG_20210829_194507.jpgIMG_20210829_194703.jpg

Hi, very weel and smooth looking truck! Like the attention to the details! And all proportions are well!

6 hours ago, Aleh said:

Hi, very weel and smooth looking truck! Like the attention to the details! And all proportions are well!

Thanks. The proportions are very important, they create the image of the model. I paid special attention to this point. The proportions are not perfect, but close to the original.

Perhaps someone will be interested in how the appearance of the model changed during the construction process. I still have some photographs. I apologize for the quality of the photos, I did not think that I would publish them.IMG_20210605_200601.jpgIMG_20210606_134113.jpg1280x961.jpg1280x961.jpgIMG_20210726_000354.jpgIMG_20210728_214014.jpg

That's a massive improvement during the building process!
Perhaps it's possible to replace the blue pins with black ones? I think that would look even better.

11 minutes ago, Tenderlok said:

Perhaps it's possible to replace the blue pins with black ones?

I have not thought about it, but you are right. This is not possible everywhere, but it is worth trying.

truck%20wip.jpg

A bit of work process.
The black and red truck is an Australian style truck tractor. I plan to finish it within two weeks. Now the missing parts are coming to me.
The black truck will be a heavy dump truck with two lifting axles. I plan to use 43.2x14 mm wheels on the lifting axles. I'm not sure if I need to make the first lifting axle steerable? It is interesting to hear your opinion on this matter.
You can also see a red circle on the hood of a black truck instead of bull horns. This is an Easter egg for the peterbilt brand, it is their trucks that I take inspiration from when creating my models.

I like your style, when it is possible always steerable axles. I have bought narrow wheels just to can do trucks on this scale so I have a lot to learn.

I had some free time on the weekend and finished the Australian truck. It is based on my previous truck, but there is little in common between them. The most notable differences are the shorter wheelbase, flatbed sleeper, protective grille, other doors and mirrors. The position of the air filters and the exhaust pipe mounts have also changed slightly. Under the hood is a new engine, in-line six-cylinder. The protective grill can be folded back to open the bonnet, and in the upper position it is fixed with two axles.

Австралийский% 20truck1.jpgАвстралийский% 20truck2.jpgАвстралийский% 20truck4.jpg

Work on the dump truck has moved forward. But there are several questions here. I couldn't figure out where to put the HOG until I settled on the option to make it removable on the roof and remove it when lifting the body. And secondly, I saw a photo of dump trucks with tanks on the sides of the cab. But where are their battery boxes? Can't decide how to do, two tanks or one side of the tank with another box. I think it will look better symmetrically.Дамп% 20truck.jpg

Edited by efgen86

30 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

Why do not you use narrow wheels in the front axle?, the truck is fantastic anyway.

Unfortunately, I don't have 49x14 wheels. In the store where I buy the parts, they also do not exist yet, and buying sets for the sake of wheels is expensive for me ... And I also don’t have discs of a suitable color for them, and it’s also problematic to get them.

P.S. On a dump truck, these wheels look good.

Dump truck1.jpg

Edited by efgen86

1 hour ago, efgen86 said:

Unfortunately, I don't have 49x14 wheels. In the store where I buy the parts, they also do not exist yet, and buying sets for the sake of wheels is expensive for me ... And I also don’t have discs of a suitable color for them, and it’s also problematic to get them.

P.S. On a dump truck, these wheels look good.

Dump truck1.jpg

You are right, when I want pieces I buy from Lego, It is expensive but I just usually buy once per year and only the new parts I do not have.

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

Why do not you use narrow wheels in the front axle?, the truck is fantastic anyway.

(Sorry if you did not ask about the tires itself, but just asked why he did not used a different type of tires :blush:)
Some of the heavier US trucks use those fat tires at the front, known as Super Singles.
505286365-xc9-N2-L.jpg

505286380-8j-S8-W-L.jpg

Sometimes they are mounted at the back axles, too, as singles.
OKQ4YX9.jpg

1 hour ago, efgen86 said:

In the store where I buy the parts, they also do not exist yet, and buying sets for the sake of wheels is expensive for me

Here in Germany, at least, the new narrow tyres are available at Lego Bricks & Pieces for a reasonable price (part no. 70490). Maybe they are on their Russian website, too?
(I can't check because unfortunately I can't read Cyrillic letters... :wink:)

9 minutes ago, Milan said:

Some of the heavier US trucks use those fat tires at the front, known as Super Singles.

I hope it's not the same truck in the first two pictures, with a narrow wheel on the left and a fat one on the right... *oh2*