800x546.png

Ahem.

We have seen Commodore Spoon sailing lately https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/187094-commodore-t-spoon-is-sailing/

And now we find him in Pontelli indeed at the start of our story - talking to a merchant.

800x620.jpg

Commodore Spoon:  So, my dear friend Habakus, I have come to you on an important quest.

Senior Merchant Habakus (member of the East Wind Trading Company): Yes, Commodore, how can I be of service?

C. Spoon: Well.

S.M. Habakus (m.o.t.EWTC): Well, well.

C.S.: Let's sit down, won't we.

S.M.H. (EWTC): How forgetful of me, please have a seat.

640x480.jpg

C.S.: Yes, this is better.

H.: Sugar muffin?

S.: Oh, sure. Thanks.

H.: That is half a dubloon then.

S. (blushes): Right, forgot you were on business. Then I should stick to my diet.

H.: So you come into my house on the day of my daughter's birthday and want some help?

S.: Yepp. Let's be frank.

640x383.jpg

H.: But you are Commodore Spoon, not Frank.

S.: Right. Where was I? I have made the acquaintance of a lovely lady and I would like to bring her an exquisite gift.

H.: Now we are talking.  What about a pearl-gold dragon sword hilt?

S.: For a lady???

H.: Right. A broomstick?

S.: For a lady???
      Look, Habakus.

H. (confused): Where?

S.: I want to give her a present that is unprecedented (but well presented).

640x403.jpg

H. (smiling brightly): Then, my old friend, I have something for you, which is really special. This tulip.

S.: The red and green thingy here on the table?

H.: Precisely. It is actually a quite rare flower. And beautiful too. I am sure she will like it.

S.: Ok, I'm in. How much is the tulip?

H.:  The "Ad Rem" is just a tenth of a dubloon. By the way, did you see that guy from Corrington who is trying to introduce a now system of coinage?

S.: No, not yet. Sounds funny though. Ok, I will take the "Ad Rem"

And this is how the whole thing started.

400x557.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just realized that this build would actually work for the mini-challenge...

Didn't know this when I built it.:pir-grin:

The story so far:

Something for a Lady  (You are here)

Buying Some Flowers

Captain Cookies next move

Gray's Universal Store

What is he doing here?

The Tulip Traders

Tulips in the Garden

The first LTP

Those Terrible Tulips

The first LTP - continued

The Holdup

Neighbourhood Watch and a New Idea

Tulips ... and sistershipping

A Good Idea?

A modern coin system - and someone buys a house

The Final Tulip Duel   (official end of the story line)

Tulips of Pontelli - 1st Epilogue

New Projects

2nd Tulip Epilogue

3rd Tulip Epilogue - Back at HQ

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

I don't usually coment on BoBS but...

48 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

So you come into my house on the day of my daughter's birthday and want some help?

...this sold me on the story. :pir-grin:

Nice room, I also like the wooden floor and the curtains. Interesting story with the tulips. I like that real tulip are listed on the price list. You know the tulips or have found out beforehand.

Your build would go very well with the mini challenge for Eslandola. If you change the title then you are in. If the judges look very closely, they can even see a 10169 sack under the table.:innocent2:

Epic tulips, great use of the ninjago element master torso and above all, you have used my favorite minigfig set/pieces this year, aka the tea "utensils"!!! :pir-huzzah1:

I also really like that floor technique which although part intensive, feels to me like exactly the "right scale" for minifig creations.

4 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

I also really like that floor technique which although part intensive, feels to me like exactly the "right scale" for minifig creations.

Yes, that floor is great, and some very elegant minifigure fashion here as well!  Just the proper way to start a story about tulips :pir-laugh: :thumbup:  The chairs are great too and the story is excellent - I love how everything he is proposing to sell is actually in the room around them right now :rofl:  Awesome job!

What lovely unique tulips, I'm sure she will love them. :pir-grin:  Really nice chair design and the curtains are great too.  And loved the humor in the story! :head_back:

On 9/4/2021 at 10:43 AM, Jack Sassy said:

I don't usually coment on BoBS but...

...this sold me on the story. :pir-grin:

Thanks for noticing the (adapted) quote :pir-laugh:

On 9/4/2021 at 7:46 PM, NOD said:

Nice room, I also like the wooden floor and the curtains. Interesting story with the tulips. I like that real tulip are listed on the price list. You know the tulips or have found out beforehand.

Your build would go very well with the mini challenge for Eslandola. If you change the title then you are in. If the judges look very closely, they can even see a 10169 sack under the table.:innocent2:

I did a new version for the mini-challenge (this build is actually too wide).

(I have done a bit of research on tulips to find out which can be built with lego colours)

On 9/4/2021 at 9:25 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Epic tulips, great use of the ninjago element master torso and above all, you have used my favorite minigfig set/pieces this year, aka the tea "utensils"!!! :pir-huzzah1:

The tea utensils are probably for sale!

On 9/5/2021 at 1:38 AM, Garmadon said:

Yes, that floor is great, and some very elegant minifigure fashion here as well!  Just the proper way to start a story about tulips :pir-laugh: :thumbup:  The chairs are great too and the story is excellent - I love how everything he is proposing to sell is actually in the room around them right now :rofl:  Awesome job!

Thanks, mate!

On 9/5/2021 at 2:34 AM, Kai NRG said:

What lovely unique tulips, I'm sure she will love them. :pir-grin:  Really nice chair design and the curtains are great too.  And loved the humor in the story! :head_back:

Thx. It was fun to play around with those curtains.

Has anyone realized the SNOT technique for the left wall?