Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - ChIVC Mirco Prize] ETTC Sugar Mill, Jameston

Celestia has long a key producer of sugar cane for Corrington and has also had a large ETTC presence since it's foundation; however, until now the ETTC has not dipped it's hand into sugar production in the colony. That has now changed, with the opening of a new sugar mill on the outskirts of Jameston.

51423618095_15de4e4c56_z.jpg

I was inspired to build a mirco in the yellow style I've been using in Jameston and I'm quite pleased with how it came out! Now I just need to build my other micros before they expire! (a subtle reminder to all who are holding prizes from Challenge IV Part 1.... :pir-grin: ). Licensed as a large factory for the ETTC in Jameston.

I like the river with the bridge. The Sugar Mill is also well built and beautiful. The water wheel, the architecture of the mill in yellow color with the columns, black roofs and the fortified tower looks great.

Cmon! You are a master not only at minifig scaled mocs but micromocs as well!!! That river/wheel/bridge combo is outstanding (and so is the building ofc)!!!

Wonderful micro! The wagon wheel as the water wheel is great. :thumbup:

17 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

a subtle reminder to all who are holding prizes from Challenge IV Part 1

Could you please post (either edited into the original post of the Challenge thread, or in it's own pinned post) a list of who has won what prizes and when they must claim them by. I see no deadline posted, and it's not as simple as it looks to calculate what prizes have been won. (And could these include the part 2 participation prizes?) Thanks.

This is so adorable!  :wub: The yellow and the wheel are great, and I'm loving how it really does look a lot larger until you look in close! 

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Could you please post (either edited into the original post of the Challenge thread, or in it's own pinned post) a list of who has won what prizes and when they must claim them by. I see no deadline posted, and it's not as simple as it looks to calculate what prizes have been won. (And could these include the part 2 participation prizes?) Thanks.

The list of prize winners and their prizes and deadline can be found in the results post here.

The style of this is so recognizable!  Pretty much nailed the texture at this scale, I love the little detail of the light grey above the windows.

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

The list of prize winners and their prizes and deadline can be found in the results post here.

OK, I knew that was somewhere but couldn't find it. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks!

That said, I won 2 small licenses and am eligible for upgrading. Does that mean that I can upgrade both, or just one of them?

50 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

OK, I knew that was somewhere but couldn't find it. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks!

That said, I won 2 small licenses and am eligible for upgrading. Does that mean that I can upgrade both, or just one of them?

No worries!

Ummm, good question. It looks like you were awarded a license for Cat A and a license for participating and were eligible for the upgrade for placing 1st for your faction in a category, so the upgrade applies to the participation award but not the 3rd place award. Long story short - you can only upgrade one (the participation one).

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

No worries!

Ummm, good question. It looks like you were awarded a license for Cat A and a license for participating and were eligible for the upgrade for placing 1st for your faction in a category, so the upgrade applies to the participation award but not the 3rd place award. Long story short - you can only upgrade one (the participation one).

Hmmm. I agree I thought I got only one upgrade, but I thought i got it for being number 1 in my faction for Cat A. If the upgrade also applies to the participation award, shouldn't I get both?

(Not trying to be troublesome, but the way we wrote the prize rules on this challenge are confusing!)