bertdaniel8

Saw Gerrera Minifig

My problem so far is that we lack a beard piece or at least a good face print.

If you go pursuit - and this fig obviously has little left to do with original Lego - then I think the new Grief Karga face + Marvel CMF's Monica Rambo hair would make sense.

Not willing to get the recommended SW set with Grief Karga I just took the T'challa face. As for the body, there's many options but non will really nail down the specifics. I tried some mix of gun metal grey, dark and sand blue. If I get some flickr once, I'll post pictures.

On 9/6/2021 at 2:43 PM, PRbrickbuilder said:

If LEGO makes a Saw Gerrera fig someday (I hope), I can see the Wrecker armor piece being used for him. Not a perfect fit, but close enough.

I think his armor is so specific and characteristic that they'd need to do a new piece.

..but I'd be happy anyway with any of the 3-4 existing armor pieces that would work still.

If they'd do the earlier version of Saw, it would be much easier: no robolegs, no bushy grey-black beard, no cape, no hairpiece. Just standard printing and a reused armor piece.

I doubt though, that we get the character in any version. It's too much effort for a relatively brutal character known mostly for a brutal movie. His cameos in other canon is too niche (so far) and in RO at least, he wasn't doing anything anyway.

23 hours ago, KevinMD said:

That doesn’t even look like lego.

I'm inclined to agree, it's way too detailed even for a CMF fig, doesn't have the lego aesthetic, and has some weird extrusions on the arms and legs that A: would snap off in an instant and B: haven't ever been done in lego. If we get a new arm or leg mold, it's for a peg/robot/animal limb, not the same thing with a slight bit of detailing.

On 9/9/2021 at 5:07 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm inclined to agree, it's way too detailed even for a CMF fig, doesn't have the lego aesthetic, and has some weird extrusions on the arms and legs that A: would snap off in an instant and B: haven't ever been done in lego. If we get a new arm or leg mold, it's for a peg/robot/animal limb, not the same thing with a slight bit of detailing.

There is actually no need for a lot of extrusions. Most things can be covered by a high detail print. What would be needed to be external is the air tube and maybe the shoulder blade.

7 hours ago, bertdaniel8 said:

There is actually no need for a lot of extrusions. Most things can be covered by a high detail print. What would be needed to be external is the air tube and maybe the shoulder blade.

I know, I'm talking about the image of the figure you posted, where the arms and legs have these little extrusions.