Celloguy

LL-928 Galaxy Explorer remake (with instructions)

Hey guys! I've been away a while, but it's good to get back! I've designed this MOC, and produced instructions for it too so you can build it! I deliberately designed it only with cheap and common parts, 99% of them current, so the parts should be orderable for less than 100! Anyway, either way, would be delighted if you'd check it out! If you have time to give it a like and a comment on rebrickable that would help it get more visibility :)

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-85884/The Brick Artisan/ll-928-galaxy-explorer-classic-space/#details

LL928 Galaxy Explorer

LL-928 Galaxy Explorer play-features

LL-928 Galaxy Explorer underside

LL-928 Galaxy Explorer

Edited by Celloguy

That's a nice Neo-Classic Space creation, and nice to see you went to the effort to keep the parts selection more easily available.  I think you've got a nice amount of greebling, too, keeping it interesting but not too busy which sometimes seems to happen with these sorts of MOCs.  :classic:

Well your Galaxy Explorer looks great. The intrepretation I liked the most was one in LegoIdeas years ago by a guy who called himself Wolf Leews. Especially his LL924 was really fantastic and is on my shelves now (fortunately he had the instructions in the net back then and I have them all :pir-blush:). It only got 4oo something supports back then, which I never understood. I would say that was fraud :pir_tong2: 

Anyway your Lego space bubbles are not only innovative but really gorgeous and I hope they do well. You can check out my Antares space project there as well.

And do not ask me to support your bubble scouts as I did so many weeks ago and I would support them again and again anda again... Cheers!

Another LL-928 inspired build, I really like the cleanliness of both the under and upper side, sometimes people add too much greebles for my liking.

The side and top profile look very nice, makes me want to build one myself.

What a great model. Among advanced moccers, not only you are the first one to take the trouble of releasing the instructions of a true neoclassic Galaxy Explorer, but the fact that you redesigned your own project to make it more affordable proves the remarkable intent of democratizing your knowledge, thus improving, in a broader sense, the technical skills of the whole afols' community. What many designers don't get is that giving to others the chance of building a moc is a way to ensure that their legacy won't be forgotten, aside from some weekend exhibitions or a few moments spent admiring a flickr image, before moving to the next one.  

Your behaviour is examplary and it should be followed by many of your peers.