LM71Blackbird

[COR - CH IV - CAT D] The River Begins

The River Begins

51339825711_33d07cb4bf_b.jpgRiver Barge 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

At the beginning of the Sil River, merchants seeking to make their fortune on the waters begin the slow journey down the river.

51340561119_84c1be0bf5_b.jpgRiver Barge 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Most of these barges are pulled by single horse or ox. They gently pull the barge laden with goods down the river to be traded and sold to anyone needing supplies.

51339825606_faed11932a_b.jpgRiver Barge 6 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

From the Corrington side of the river, farmers often bring their livestock to waters edge to quench their thirst before bringing them back to their pens.

51340042563_e4c1a59af2_b.jpgRiver Barge 5 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

The Oleonese constantly patrol their side of the river as they ride back and forth between their forts.

51340561174_a736051469_b.jpgRiver Barge 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

These tradesman provide a lot to the farmers and villages along the rivers shore.

---------------------------------------------------

Kind of a day late and a dollar short on the deadline, but I figured since I built it I may as well post it. C&C welcome and appreciated! Thanks for looking!

Overview of the whole build

Spoiler

I must say, they are very dashing Oleonese horsemen indeed! Great landscaping on the river as well.

Very nice diorama. I like the landscape on the river with the different plants. The People are well integrated into what is happening.

13 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Excellent interpretation, great raft and superb minifigs!!!

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I must say, they are very dashing Oleonese horsemen indeed! Great landscaping on the river as well.

Thanks! I probably spent far too much time making sure they looked just right, but it was worth it!

2 hours ago, NOD said:

Very nice diorama. I like the landscape on the river with the different plants. The People are well integrated into what is happening.

Thank you!

18 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Thanks! I probably spent far too much time making sure they looked just right, but it was worth it!

Trust me, they totally deserved it! Now they can be added to the grand military encyclopedia of Oleon

12 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Trust me, they totally deserved it! Now they can be added to the grand military encyclopedia of Oleon

Lol! Glad I could help you guys out a little! :pir-huzzah1: