apemax

[MOC] Collection of mini engines.

Hello,

This thread is where I will be posting the mini minifig-ish scale engines I plan on building. First of these is a Napier Sabre, A 24 cylinder aero engine used mainly in the Hawker Typhoon and Tempest.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

You can download the .io or .ldr files from bricksafe here: https://www.bricksafe.com/pages/apemax/mini-engines/napier-sabre

Next one I'm currently working on is a Rolls Royce Meteor.

Great build, an interesting engine, especially through its role (due to its unsuitability as an intended high altitude engine) in giving rise to the aforementioned low altitude strike aircraft.

A Rolls Royce/Packers Merlin engine of the Spitfires, Mustangs and Lancaster’s would be great to see, especially if your going to do the Meteor tank engine version.

Edited by Stuartn

Still not 100% happy with it but can't think of how to improve it right now so calling it done for now. Second is a Rolls Royce Meteor,  A V12 engine developed from the Rolls Royce Merlin aero engine.

RR-Meteor.png

RR-Meteor_2.png

You can download the .io or .ldr files from bricksafe here: https://www.bricksafe.com/pages/apemax/mini-engines/rolls-royce-meteor

Edited by apemax

Nice collection of classic warbird power plants. They would go well with a museum style aircraft display.

Great theme, I like mechanical builds like this, too bad it's probably not popular enough for a mainstream series, like collectible minifigs.